Poll: KVR Auto-link. Do you like it?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?

Do you like auto-link?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:58 pm

Yes. I click auto-linked items on the forum all the time. It's a major source of product information for me.
18%
No. Auto-link is an annoyance. It is crap and KVR is a worse place for it. Kill it.
68%
I have no idea what auto-link is, nor do I care.
13%

Total votes: 60

RELATED
PRODUCTS

KVR Auto-link. Do you like it?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Nah. It makes links out of non-wannabe linkers who post here.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Can't see it, so doesn't affect me.

No!!

Yes, very useful!

They would keep it, even if only 5% find it useful… Its a major annoyance also because it does not open a new tab like any other link does, and its often enough completely off (too many products have common words as name…). They would have to setup a neural net to make it useful…

Doesnt matter; we've already complained about it, and Ben has responded that he isnt going to remove it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

i think one of the problems is that, right or wrong, site owners think these elements are good for search-engine optimisation. google supposedly likes internal deep linking. so even if it doesn't work (and it does seem to fail spectacularly at times), they think it's doing good because google doesn't know the links are wrong - in fact the links will look kinda right to a search engine. but, in reality it just puts users off and slowly the users drift away, which is what makes the advertising drop off too...

I find it more annoying than useful because it kinda interrupts the reading flow.

I sometimes click on the links. But, none of the poll options really work for me... I use it, but, it's not a "major source of information" for me. And, I doubt that everyone who dislikes or doesn't use it thinks that "it is crap and KVR is a worse place for it. Kill it.". Something more neutral would have done better. After all, we're not with the gutter press here.

But, as whyterabbyt already wrote, if it's going nowhere anyway, then there is no need for a poll either. We're all just here by good faith of the site owners, so, that's that.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:57 am ...Its a major annoyance because it does not open a new tab like any other link does, and its often enough completely off (too many products have common words as name…
I would vote yes if it opened in a new tab.

It's often messed up and link keywords that do not relate to target product.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Saffran wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:46 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:57 am ...Its a major annoyance because it does not open a new tab like any other link does, and its often enough completely off (too many products have common words as name…
I would vote yes if it opened in a new tab.
on macos we have "command" + click and it works with Kvr's links
that's how i click all links anyway, i never click a link without CMD

I can rightclick a link and select the option to open in a new tab or window. But...
You get used to the automatic opening in a new tab on the other links in posts.

Saffran wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:05 am I can rightclick a link and select the option to open in a new tab or window. But...
You get used to the automatic opening in a new tab on the other links in posts.
I have muscle memory to open every link with Cmd+click all the time :) So i have no clue how other links in posts behave -because i CMD click them all :D

you must have some sort of ctrl+click or something

Return to “Site Stuff”