Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

QCGroove wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:55 am The GUI for Tantra 2 looks like the food you would eat in a concentration camp.
So true...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

wangeroge wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:22 pm
hoxclab wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:03 pm
wangeroge wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:52 pm Does Plugin Alliance have the source code for the plugins it sells? Tantra is developed in Belarus. I'm not sure if I can trust software coming from that country.
Why’s that?
Putting it cautiously data privacy laws could be improved in that country. And for western countries it's probably worse.
So if it's worse in western countries where do you buy your plugins from ? And how can you trust Plugin Alliance? Maybe Dirk has been playing the long game and trying to get you, personally.

It annoys me that plugin alliance wont let me sell my copy of DearVR Music because I also bought a copy of DearVr Pro - completely independent license ie not an upgrade. But because they have similar names I cant sell it. Not consistent with their terms and conditions, so I dont trust them

chrisstiles wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:41 pm So if it's worse in western countries where do you buy your plugins from ? And how can you trust Plugin Alliance? Maybe Dirk has been playing the long game and trying to get you, personally.
Sorry, that was probably my bad English. I meant they don't care about their own citizens and they will probably care less about their enemies in the west.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

I just bought the upgrades to SWAM Strings on the second to last day of the deepest discount. I don't think "intro pricing" on upgrades is right though.

attention ♥ wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:08 pm I just bought the upgrades to SWAM Strings on the second to last day of the deepest discount. I don't think "intro pricing" on upgrades is right though.
If it means that early upgraders save money compared to later upgraders, then you are doing well!
If you disagree with the policy, wait until the intro pricing is over and pay the full upgrade price. :D

agharta wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:15 pm
attention ♥ wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:08 pm I just bought the upgrades to SWAM Strings on the second to last day of the deepest discount. I don't think "intro pricing" on upgrades is right though.
If it means that early upgraders save money compared to later upgraders, then you are doing well!
If you disagree with the policy, wait until the intro pricing is over and pay the full upgrade price. :D
It feels like I gave in to being pushed to buy it earlier than I wanted.

Does anyone know the official position regarding the Soniccouture sale from Native Instruments. I am considering the bundle but there are some I dont want so would like to sell the individual licenses afterwards. Is that okay or can it only be sold as a bundle afterwards - or not at all? It is possible to sell NI instruments and same for Soniccouture so it would be surprising not to be able to sell as a bundle at least. Anyone know what the story is?

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:08 am Does anyone know the official position regarding the Soniccouture sale from Native Instruments. I am considering the bundle but there are some I dont want so would like to sell the individual licenses afterwards. Is that okay or can it only be sold as a bundle afterwards - or not at all? It is possible to sell NI instruments and same for Soniccouture so it would be surprising not to be able to sell as a bundle at least. Anyone know what the story is?
Soniccouture’s terms state that a license tranfer is not allowed. Their support site is a bit more open, stating that “license ownership is transferable only at the discretion of Soniccouture LTD.” Practically, this means that you cannot resell their products through the automated NI transfer process, but have to do that through Soniccouture instead. And it is not guaranteed that they allow it.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:34 am
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:08 am Does anyone know the official position regarding the Soniccouture sale from Native Instruments. I am considering the bundle but there are some I dont want so would like to sell the individual licenses afterwards. Is that okay or can it only be sold as a bundle afterwards - or not at all? It is possible to sell NI instruments and same for Soniccouture so it would be surprising not to be able to sell as a bundle at least. Anyone know what the story is?
Soniccouture’s terms state that a license tranfer is not allowed. Their support site is a bit more open, stating that “license ownership is transferable only at the discretion of Soniccouture LTD.” Practically, this means that you cannot resell their products through the automated NI transfer process, but have to do that through Soniccouture instead. And it is not guaranteed that they allow it.
Are those terms related to the bundle?
I've not had any issues with soniccouture's transfer - they issue you with a transfer license - which can be paid either by the buyer or seller.

Soniccouture is the only one who can answer that question since any transfer requires their approval.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:48 am Soniccouture is the only one who can answer that question since any transfer requires their approval.
I have asked them - will report back when I get a reply

Pretty sure you have to do it through them. I purchased licenses from NI before and had to use the soniccouture license transfer link and pay their fee.

I think they will let you sell dupes (though I’m not 100%) but I doubt they will let you break up a bundle that’s being sold at 85% off. how many other vendors allow bundles to be broken up in that way?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:04 am I have Cubase Elements and like the sounds it comes with. Instead of having to render/export them manually (for use in FL Studio), is there any easy to way to drag and drop the wav files? or any better way than manual export?

Likely not possible for obvious reasons, but thought it would still be good to ask.
So, I found out an easy way to do this and thought to share in case it is of interest to anyone else.

- Open an empty project in Cubase Elements.
- Open MediaBay (opens on the right side).
- Go to Loops & Sound Content folder (exact name might be different).
- Open the folder of interest (for example: Analog Techno factory content set)
- Select all the samples in the MediaBay browser.
- Drag them to project on a single track. If you select separate tracks, all samples might not be loaded due to track limitation of Cubase Elements.
- Once loaded, open "Pool Window" (icon next to MediaBay on toolbar). Thanks to OneOfManyPauls for the tip - being new to Cubase I did not know it.
- Under "Audio" header, you will see all the samples you dragged to the project from MediaBay.
- Select all and right-click. Choose "Convert..." (exact name might be different). The option "Show in explorer/finder" does not work for factory content sets, so you cannot excess the .wav files directly.
- Next, just change one of the fields to be able to convert the files. The default format of audio files is 24-bit, 44.1 KHz, Stereo. So, best would be to change the resolution to 32-bit or 16-bit (per preference) keeping everything else same. If you don't do this change, the conversion won't happen and it will show some message.
- Then, simply click "Convert".
- All the files will be converted to .wav format and will be present in the "Audio" folder of your project (in the project location where you created your project).

That's it. You could drag all the factory audio content to, for example, one folder on each track for simplicity, and then in just a couple of clips you can get all the audio converted to .wav for use in other DAWs. Best to organise folder wise before using.

Someone might think why the hassle? Well, the steps per se are pretty simple, and I personally feel that the factory content that comes with Cubase is excellent and wanted to use it in my DAW (FL Studio). Might as well learn a bit of Cubase in the process. ;)

(Sorry for posting this here, but just wanted to follow-up my question with this solution.)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”