Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

billcarroll wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:18 am Live 11.1 Beta lists the following …

“The Cytomic Filters, which are used in the Wavetable, Echo, Simpler, Sampler, Operator, and Auto Filter devices, have been updated and improved in stability, sound and performance. As of 11.1, the Cytomic filters (particularly the MS2 and SMP options) might deviate in sound compared to previous Live versions, especially when driven hard.”

Wavetable is also getting some filter updates and a lower quality option to save CPU.
I have been working on the filters, but the fun feature isn't yet released in 11.1, but hopefully in a future update.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

dermage wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:58 pm I've ask in another thread, but here is more appriopriate maybe. Are these the "The Drop" HD filters in Live 11.1 now?
Live by default won't ever have the HD modes of any Cytomic plugins in Live or Live Suite unless Cytomic can get a per license payment somehow. I have discussed with Ableton a possible licensing and integration of the HD filters for people that own The Drop, or someone can buy off Ableton the HD versions of the filters as an add-on, and then they also get The Drop, but nothing has come of that yet.

andy-cytomic wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:15 am
billcarroll wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:18 am Live 11.1 Beta lists the following …

“The Cytomic Filters, which are used in the Wavetable, Echo, Simpler, Sampler, Operator, and Auto Filter devices, have been updated and improved in stability, sound and performance. As of 11.1, the Cytomic filters (particularly the MS2 and SMP options) might deviate in sound compared to previous Live versions, especially when driven hard.”

Wavetable is also getting some filter updates and a lower quality option to save CPU.
I have been working on the filters, but the fun feature isn't yet released in 11.1, but hopefully in a future update.
Well, this is good news. Great to hear more Cytomic is making its way into Ableton Live :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

andy-cytomic wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:18 am
dermage wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:58 pm I've ask in another thread, but here is more appriopriate maybe. Are these the "The Drop" HD filters in Live 11.1 now?
Live by default won't ever have the HD modes of any Cytomic plugins in Live or Live Suite unless Cytomic can get a per license payment somehow. I have discussed with Ableton a possible licensing and integration of the HD filters for people that own The Drop, or someone can buy off Ableton the HD versions of the filters as an add-on, and then they also get The Drop, but nothing has come of that yet.
So these are optimized/updated versions of the MD filters.
Fine be me, The Drop is anyway much more versatile in use and has a better interface.
I mostly use the Clean version of the Auto-Filter in Live, which afaik, you did, too..

That sounds interesting. So there is a update to Wavetable coming? Is there a list of the fiter models used in the Drop?

Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:45 am

That sounds interesting. So there is a update to Wavetable coming? Is there a list of the fiter models used in the Drop?
Should be in the manual. https://cytomic.com/files/TheDrop-Manual.pdf page 11
There are I think 2 additional models, the info should also be in "the drop" l thread.

dermage wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:02 am
Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:45 am

Should be in the manual. https://cytomic.com/files/TheDrop-Manual.pdf page 11
There are I think 2 additional models, the info should also be in "the drop" l thread.
Oh yeah, that's actually got a load of details I didn't expect, eg:

"Cascade circuit topology, IR3109 OTA core, P-MOS buffers, hard diode clipper to limitresonance (eg SH2 SH101)"

:tu:

The drop is by my ears, by far the best filter plugin available. No wonder these filters are used in live and serum,but they're even much better in the drop.

But this still the scream thread right? :D

dermage wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:53 pm The drop is by my ears, by far the best filter plugin available. No wonder these filters are used in live and serum,but they're even much better in the drop.

What's used in Serum??

Some of the Serum filters are Andrew's early designs, but none of them are from The Drop as far as i know.
But i haven't been following Serum's development, so maybe it's also featuring The Drop filters now.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:51 pm Some of the Serum filters are Andrew's early designs, but none of them are from The Drop as far as i know.
But i haven't been following Serum's development, so maybe it's also featuring The Drop filters now.
I always thought serums filters were pretty good anyway. Anyone know what the new filters in the drop are modelled after? The ones not in the manual.

Found this for you :)
As said, in "The Drop" thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=319495&p=8092440#p8092440

dermage wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:53 pm The drop is by my ears, by far the best filter plugin available. No wonder these filters are used in live and serum,but they're even much better in the drop.

The filters in Live and The Drop are not in Serum.

Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:45 am That sounds interesting. So there is a update to Wavetable coming? Is there a list of the fiter models used in the Drop?
Let's move all this over to the thread on The Drop :tu:

dermage wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:00 pm Found this for you :)
As said, in "The Drop" thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=319495&p=8092440#p8092440
Ah perfect, thanks!

Return to “Effects”