Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

electro wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:34 am
andy-cytomic wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:22 am
I consider The Drop finished. This will be a maintenance release that will update the common framework used by all Cytomic plugins, so there won’t be anything specific added to The Drop.
What's going on with an official Scream 1.0 release?
That is such a cool plugin. Using it a lot.

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

noiseresearch wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:58 am I have just realized that when one deletes the factory presets they just pop up again after the next reload of the plugin. Is there a way to avoid this? I don't like that the browser is cluttered with stuff I do not use. Thanks
Delete all the presets inside "Factory Bank 1" but do not delete the folder itself then the presets won't re-install themselves. The browser does not show the folder structure of the presets, but does sort things based on the file names "Category - Preset Name", so you can make any category sorting you want based on just the start of the file name.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Looking forward to demoing this. Great info here!

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:24 am
I consider The Drop finished. This will be a maintenance release that will update the common framework used by all Cytomic plugins, so there won’t be anything specific added to The Drop.
Ok, a bit of overlap with Scream and Drop here, so let's try and keep things on topic for those interested in either one. To answer your question from the Scream thread:

The Drop features these filters all in low pass and high pass modes:

KSM = Custom Sallen Key
AMU = Custom ARP Odyssey mk 1
OSR = Oxford Synthesizer Company OSCar
WSP = EDP Wasp
MS1 = Korg MS20 Rev. 1
MS2 = Korg MS20 Rev. 2
SMP = Custom MS20 Rev. 2 / OSCar
JPR = Roland Jupiter 8 / Juno 6
SHR = Roland SH2 / SH101
PRD = Moog Prodigy

and each of these filters has both MD (medium detail) and HD (high detail) modes, as well as updated modelling to support increased resonance and drive.

In Live 11.1 there are now updated MD versions of OSR, MS2, SMP, and PRD in high pass and low pass to bring them more in line with what is currently in The Drop - although they aren't identical since Live users also need results as similar to the older versions as possible for backwards compatibility. The Live OSR filter also featuring a "morphing" version to crossfade between low -> band -> high -> notch - low. There are more updates to these MD filters coming to future versions of Live, which I'll have to wait till they are announced before I can go into more detail.

andy-cytomic wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:59 am
Ok, a bit of overlap with Scream and Drop here, so let's try and keep things on topic for those interested in either one. To answer your question from the Scream thread:

The Drop features these filters all in low pass and high pass modes:

KSM = Custom Sallen Key
AMU = Custom ARP Odyssey mk 1
OSR = Oxford Synthesizer Company OSCar
WSP = EDP Wasp
MS1 = Korg MS20 Rev. 1
MS2 = Korg MS20 Rev. 2
SMP = Custom MS20 Rev. 2 / OSCar
JPR = Roland Jupiter 8 / Juno 6
SHR = Roland SH2 / SH101
PRD = Moog Prodigy

and each of these filters has both MD (medium detail) and HD (high detail) modes, as well as updated modelling to support increased resonance and drive.

In Live 11.1 there are now updated MD versions of OSR, MS2, SMP, and PRD in high pass and low pass to bring them more in line with what is currently in The Drop - although they aren't identical since Live users also need results as similar to the older versions as possible for backwards compatibility. The Live OSR filter also featuring a "morphing" version to crossfade between low -> band -> high -> notch - low. There are more updates to these MD filters coming to future versions of Live, which I'll have to wait till they are announced before I can go into more detail.
NIce :tu:

andy-cytomic wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:59 am In Live 11.1 there are now updated MD versions of OSR, MS2, SMP, and PRD in high pass and low pass to bring them more in line with what is currently in The Drop - although they aren't identical since Live users also need results as similar to the older versions as possible for backwards compatibility. The Live OSR filter also featuring a "morphing" version to crossfade between low -> band -> high -> notch - low. There are more updates to these MD filters coming to future versions of Live, which I'll have to wait till they are announced before I can go into more detail.
Any chance seeing this in The Drop too?
I'd also bee happy if you could just freely choose what each filter is, so you can have two LPF for instance
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

We need these filters in VCV rack. ;)

Version 2 with VST plugin support should be out in days. Lots of great CV stuff already but need some Drop quality filters.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:55 pm We need these filters in VCV rack. ;)

Version 2 with VST plugin support should be out in days. Lots of great CV stuff already but need some Drop quality filters.
I've been in contact with Andrew for a while now, and although I have nothing official to announce I can say I like the direction Rack v2 has taken and look forward to using it myself.

That sounds promising indeed! Seems like creating modules is extremely easy as so many novices figure it out, but the DSP level would really step up with some Cytomic modules.

sorry for the nagging, but...
ysengrin wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:32 am Any ETA on Apple Silicon builds?
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:18 pm The bug that I mentioned a few months ago is still present in 1.6.6
When setting the env. to trig (input is main ) so it creates an env from the (audio) input signal ( NOT an envelope follower ) and controlling cutoff , it sometimes doesn't give a full modulation .
The input is a full sustained synth sound
Here's an audio example and screenshot of the resulting output , indicating where the filter env. was not fully applied
Topic on the G.S. forum
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... in-46.html
https://app.box.com/s/jb0ntq9gadcu9ecp3dbu5xbyysj46ugy
This is still happening in the latest version
I tried another filter plugin that can also use adsr envelopes ( and use the audio input as trigger for these envelopes ) and there it doesn't skip a note at all
The drop often fails to derive an envelope from the incoming audio , when the tempo increases or with fast succesive notes
I now the preffered methd is to use mid input as triggers , but if another company can do it I am sure cytomic can do so to
To clarify , this is NOt about the envelope follower but about ENV 1 ( or 2 ) set to TRIG and source to : IN MAIN
Here's are two audio examples , first one is another popular filter plugin , tempo starts at 70 bpm and increases to 140
Second example is the drop ,you can clearly hear where it fails to apply the envelope
Tested in multiple daws ( renoise , Reaper , loomer architect ) , no difference whatsoever
https://app.box.com/s/2f69gay6hfkjji3rk1y9whx8st1zt6hv
https://app.box.com/s/odpf8xyxy6hqdu1hpwrc817spma6apys
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Since how many years its in beta stage?

tristan- wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:44 pm
Since how many years its in beta stage?
Huh???

Return to “Effects”