Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

Ok. Probably didn't demo it long enough to be able to judge anyway. :) The envelopes had a sort of Dune-ish vibe for me (think thin, like carton), but, could be wrong.

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:14 am Ok. Probably didn't demo it long enough to be able to judge anyway. :) The envelopes had a sort of Dune-ish vibe for me, but, could be wrong.
There are different envelope modes in there, some sound kinda softer than others.

I remember I wasn't very impressed at first either, but later I heard some psytrance sounds people are making with Ana and it convinced me.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I use synths that give me various shades of tonal colour in the mix...

ALL of my synths are good and they are ALL a little different...

There are a handful that I reach for most of the time,but you can easily replace one synth with another and the result will be a little different,but if you have an open mind,that's OK...

What's the point in continuing to argue about these characteristics when all we are really doing is painting ourselves into a corner ?

What tools we use are not as relevant as what notes we use,so maybe we should all focus on the music a little more and just use the different tools as a means to an end ,rather than being the end in itself ?
No auto tune...

Having taken a much closer look at ANA2 there is much to like about it.
At a glance it has the kitchen sink but on closer examination some of the effects are a bit suspect.
Is ANA2 the only Synth released in recent times that includes a delay without a dual delay line?

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 am I use synths that give me various shades of tonal colour in the mix...

There are a handful that I reach for most of the time,but you can easily replace one synth with another and the result will be a little different,but if you have an open mind,that's OK...

What's the point in continuing to argue about these characteristics when all we are really doing is painting ourselves into a corner ?

What tools we use are not as relevant as what notes we use,so maybe we should all focus on the music a little more and just use the different tools as a means to an end ,rather than being the end in itself ?
+1

I love ANA 2. It doesn't have the bland, lifeless, and limited sound of Spire.

ANA fits perfectly in my starting lineup along with DUNE 3, Hive 2, Rapid, Zebra2, etc..... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:42 pm Ithe bland, lifeless, and limited sound of Spire.
Do have hearing check, mate.

These debates are pretty pointless, Spire, Hive2, Ana2, all three can do similar things but each of them has some extra features and some sonic nuances making it a better choice for certain kinds of patches, that's why I have and use all three. But you can't go wrong with any of them each of them is equally capable of making most sounds one would need for modern production, and the sound quality is great in all three.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:05 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:42 pm Ithe bland, lifeless, and limited sound of Spire.
That's the point I was trying to make but the wrong person got triggered. :lol:

Just giving someone who has a lifelong obsession with denigrating a certain plugin a little of his own medicine back. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Was it supposed to be me?

Ploki wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:57 pm Was it supposed to be me?
No....... :hihi:

Oh ok :D

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 am I use synths that give me various shades of tonal colour in the mix...

I'm exaggerating a bit now, to illustrate the point, but, with all that you said, why do you even feel a need to buy soft synths? Why don't you just download Synth1, and be done with it, forever?

Painters don't just buy any random brush, colours, or canvas either. They buy and use the stuff they are convinced of. Same with me, and probably most people making music as well.

You basically said it:

And then somehow resorted to making a completely different point, by arguing that we can replace everything. I really disagree about that. If you think you can replace everything, then you're always content with 2nd place. Ok, some people are. Guess that's the difference between aspiration, and the lack of it.

recursive one wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:05 pm
:tu: :D

He's just doing that to tease me anyway. Because I dared to insult his favorite plugin, by saying something eeevil about it (by saying that I dislike the sound.. yeah, tough times when people still have an opinion. Need more meainstream, and less thinking.). ;)

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:30 pm
I'm exaggerating a bit now, to illustrate the point, but, with all that you said, why do you even feel a need to buy soft synths? Why don't you just download Synth1, and be done with it, forever?
Yes...

You are exaggerating and distorting the words I wrote, but I have got used to you criticising most of my posts now,so I am not surprised by your latest efforts :wink:

But I will stand by what I said...

The music is more important than the tools we use to make that music happen...

Sure...some synths sound better than others for certain tasks,but that doesn't mean that they are not irreplaceable...

The music should always be the focus because that is the main event...

Like Bruce Swedien said,"People don't walk down the street humming the console" :tu:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

people can still have affinity and interest towards things tho, without the ultimate goal of being a grammy winning #1 hit.

if you trivialise anything enough, you might just quote Kierkegaard and be done with it

Return to “Instruments”