Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Hi Attila! I remind you about the old bug crash ..
Crash . When you save the selected chords the master track is as a progression.
Thanks .

Thanks, BluGenes!
Couple hours? Too much time... :phew: :)
BluGenes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:58 am Speaking of AS, there have been two major updates to VS 2019.. they prepping for VS 2022 which will be huge improvement on VS.. might want to set aside some time for those, if you haven't updated.. takes a couple hours to perform.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks, lulukom, I fixed that today.
lulukom wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:05 am Hi Attila! I remind you about the old bug crash ..
Crash . When you save the selected chords the master track is as a progression.
Thanks .

Hi Attila,

Your midi learn generator is one of the best functions I'll seen so far still holding out for this to work with more than one note for example chords. With the learn function you would be able to swap the voices of each chords with each other.

Every producer is talking about AI technology you're clearly the leader when it comes to midi learn. So surely having it work for monophonic and polyphonic is the all-in-one solution.

And a suggestion to the forum all these features that people are asking for would be great if you could do videos on what you've requested so us users could actually see the benefit as half of the great features in RC nobody really uses to the full potential.

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:50 am Hi lulukom,

thank you! I just reworked chord rules selection yesterday, and I think this bug is fixed now.
For some reason Address Sanitizer was included in the release build, I don't know how that could happen.
I'll upload v4.2.3 with many fixes on Monday.

Thanks,
Attila

I just installed the demo (v4.2.3 Win10 x64). I'm running RC as a VST3 plugin in Bitwig. I added a Fingerpicking Generator and it was playing fine, then I went to the Generator tab and set Retrigger to zero. At that point changes I made in the inspector stopped updating the pattern, and all note generation stopped working (no MIDI output). I tried to close the RC window and the plugin crashed and had to be restarted. I can reproduce this at will.

Hi RandScullard,

I am sorry for this silly bug. I could have sworn it worked well before.
I uploaded the latest Windows build with the fix, please re-download v4.2.3.
The macOS fix will be available in about 30 minutes.

Thanks,
Attila

That fixed it, thanks!

I just ran into an interesting bug. I'm using the Strum Pattern Generator, and I'm trying to send some notes with the Mute articulation. In my instrument, Mute is assigned to C#2. I am trying to set RC's Palm Mute Keyswitch to C#2, but it sends C2 instead! (I can see this in the MIDI Monitor.) By playing around with the Palm Mute Keyswitch setting, it appears that RC is mapping the note to notes that are in the currently selected scale (in my case, Eb Major). Obviously it should allow any note for a keyswitch! :)

What instrument are you using? I just tried this with Strummed Acoustic in Kontact and could not reproduce this. The mute for this instrument is C2 and when I changed the scale and key, it still worked.

BluGenes wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:49 pm What instrument are you using? I just tried this with Strummed Acoustic in Kontact and could not reproduce this. The mute for this instrument is C2 and when I changed the scale and key, it still worked.
Try turning the "lock" option ON for the strummed phrase. I just tried toggling the "lock" option, and the bug happens when the lock is ON but not when it is OFF.

Oh, and to answer your question, I am using NI Session Guitarist - Picked Acoustic (Melody). It uses C1 for Open and C#1 for Muted.

Great hint! I was about to reply that I could not reproduce this... I am checking things.

Thanks for reporting this bug! :tu: 'Phrase lock' should not change locked notes (e.g. key-switches).
The Windows version with the fix was uploaded, macOS version will arrive in an hour.

Thanks!
Attila

Yes, that fixed it - great! Since we're on a roll, I've got another one for you. Sorry, it's a bit more involved:

I'm using RC as a VST in Bitwig Studio 4.0.1, using RC to send absolute notes to UJAM Virtual Drummer (VD-DEEP) to trigger its drum patterns. When I use RC's transport controls and hit RC's transport Stop button, the virtual drummer note gets stuck and keeps playing. However, when I use Bitwig's transport controls and hit Bitwig's Stop button, the virtual drummer note stops correctly. This happens every time - not intermittently.

Using MIDI Monitor (still in Bitwig) I can see that when I use RC's transport, an All Notes Off is sent first, then a Note Off for the playing note. When I use Bitwig's transport, the Note Off comes before the All Notes Off. My guess is that this is causing the difference in VD-DEEP's behavior.

Now I tried the exact same scenario in Ableton Live 11, and it works fine with either set of transport controls I used. In Live, using RC's transport, no All Notes Off is sent at all, only a Note Off. Using Live's transport, the Note Off comes first, then the All Notes Off. Both work fine without a stuck note in VD-DEEP.

So the only time that VD-DEEP gets stuck is when it gets All Notes Off followed by Note Off. I will pursue this with UJAM tech support, but I also wanted to check with you whether it makes sense that RC's transport controls behave differently in Bitwig? Is this something you can control, or is this a Bitwig quirk?

Thanks for the analysis.
Recently I removed sending All Notes Off from RapidComposer (except for a few places), because many instruments simply did not handle it properly, which resulted hanging notes, muted notes or silent notes, especially when looping...
A plug-in should handle All Notes Off as if it received a Note Off for all sounding notes.

One thing is certain: it should not be a problem if RC sends All Notes Off first, then a Note Off. The synth should handle All Notes Off, and ignore the superfluous second Note Off event.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks for the explanation!
musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:07 am Recently I removed sending All Notes Off from RapidComposer (except for a few places), because many instruments simply did not handle it properly, which resulted hanging notes, muted notes or silent notes, especially when looping...
So when I use RC's transport controls in Bitwig, is Bitwig sending the All Notes Off that I'm seeing? How does Bitwig know that I clicked RC's Stop button?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”