Anyone have any new info on Tantra 2?>

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see only what I want to see...

Teksonik wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:00 pm
bonch wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:55 pm This is what I see.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 1.54.52 PM.png
What resolution are you running?
I'm on a retina MacBook Pro. What happens if you resize the GUI?

Same thing. I've tried all the sizes that Tantra 2 will allow and all the Scaling options.

That may confirm my suspicions that Dmitry might have programmed it on Retina or HiDPI what ever you want to call it and did not test on other resolutions.

1920x1080 serves me very well here with the hundreds of other plugins I own and they all look perfectly fine so I don't know why Tantra 2 looks so bad but it's all but unusable here. I would think that 1920x1080 is still a pretty common resolution for desktops.

If we're going to start seeing plugins that are "HiDPI" only then that's fine I might be incentivized to upgrade but not for Tantra 2 because even if it was perfectly readable I find it drab, lifeless, and uninspiring in it's color palette.

Again Style is very much a personal preference but to me Tantra 2 is simply a huge step backwards.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I dragged the window to a secondary display that has a standard DPI, and this is what I see, which looks different from yours.
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 4.59.45 PM.png
I was able to increase legibility even further by increasing the GUI scale factor. Wish I could offer a workaround for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bonch on Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Welcome to the resize. (Joke) Well, actually that seems obviously that than more simple design, then more easy be implemented resizing. And further it can be called differently (more modern, cold, serious, etc).
It's good when the user frankly likes it, but becomes a little sad when you feel in this some victim of adaptation to a certain technical limitation. (Especially for those who remember how different the interfaces could be, in an artistic sense).
But, such "depersonalization" this is natural part of progress, like some unification / template-ation. And whether it is worth resisting what is inevitable, is difficult to say.
I myself do not know how to relate to this, but something is definitely lost in perception, being compared to v1 UI.

The new GUI is an improvement and looks better.

I just got my first $50 loyalty voucher. Should I get this at $50 or Bx_true peak at $80?

Anyone got any infos about a possible update from version 1? I've sent them a mail but no answer so far.

On the PA site for Tantra scroll down.
Its $49 for v1 users. Just don‘t do it…
Its $99 for users of Thorn. If you have $75 voucher you can consider it, or if you can afford to support Dmitry with some extra cash. All others simply wait…

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:01 am On the PA site for Tantra scroll down.
Its $49 for v1 users. Just don‘t do it…
Its $99 for users of Thorn. If you have $75 voucher you can consider it, or if you can afford to support Dmitry with some extra cash. All others simply wait…
I own a few things from PA, and I never get these vouchers ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I only get $25 vouchers, I probably bought enough and too few at the same time…

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:39 am I only get $25 vouchers, I probably bought enough and too few at the same time…
I don't even get them, I guess there's a threshold you have to go over in purchases to get them.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:59 am I don't even get them, I guess there's a threshold you have to go over in purchases to get them.
I had stopped getting them a while back, and it was that they somehow weren't coming through to my inbox nor my spam box. I emailed PA and now I get them again.

Well, if Tantra 2 is available for $39.99 one day, and I get a $20 voucher on top of that, I will get it for sure. I actually think the GUI is quite nice. Looks much worse on the screenshot than it really is.

PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:05 am The new GUI is an improvement and looks better.
OK. That settles it.

Return to “Effects”