Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@ThomasHelzle: Thanks for listening and for the kind words!

The midi error/issues you are describing are the same ones I had. If you reach out to WA support, there is a beta patch that solved the issues for me in Studio One V5. They did not give an ETA on the official release of the update though.

Mplay wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:01 pm Don't know if the dev reads this thread, but I agree more simple basslines would be great.
Can't we do that with the population knob?
Mplay wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:01 pmI'm also wondering what is meant by AI. If they've used deep learning by feeding it midi files, it would be awesome if we could feed it our own midi files and base the output on those so it's closer to the genre I'm making.
I was going to mention that it could be drawing from a midi file database, but I hope not since it's supposed to be AI.

There's an update Roman will give you for the demo version also.
I think IC needs its own thread?

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:13 am @Musical Gym: I think the "Bars" in InstaComposer aren't Bars but quarter notes/beats...? That would explain the 4:1 length relation.
Yes, I just would like to see corresponding behavior to tracks in daw.

I tried support, was told that there isn't a fix/beta to be had but that an update will be available soon...
And that - even though low density/population still tends to produce a relatively busy bass - I should try the other settings.

So I'll play some more. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Interesting, Roman sent me an update.

For simpler bass, I tried zero population, zero fill in, zero add, zero repeat, and zero variation.

Maybe they could add a real-time busy knob with less and more.

You can generate data to wherever the end marker is set and it won't generate beyond the end marker. It always generates from the beginning even though the start marker might be set in at bar 5, for example. I'll send Roman a message requesting generation between start and end markers only.

Oops
Last edited by AkiraMenai on Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alchemedia wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:18 am
Musical Gym wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:44 pm
SHall1000 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:10 pm If Instacomposer can output each of its 5 tracks on different midi channels, does anyone know how to get 5 different instrument tracks to receive each track independently and listen to one midi channel?
I’ve had this problem before with Audiomodern’s Riffer and don’t think I ever solved it
This video is part of the group of vids on the PB Instacomposer page:
I think it may help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DibTWPBn88
Doesn't Unify offer everything Bluecat Patchwork does and much more for less $?
Perhaps someone else has already suggested other software, but I found the channel filter in "J's MIDI tools" works fine as suggested in FLS, and it's free. I assume it would do the same in Ableton.

Interestingly enough, I tried posting this info on the Plugin Boutique video comments section and, even when I tried typing "J's MIDI tools" backward, the comment was still instantly deleted.

AkiraMenai wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:36 am
Perhaps someone else has already suggested other software, but I found the channel filter in "J's MIDI tools" works fine as suggested in FLS, and it's free. I assume it would do the same in Ableton.

Interestingly enough, I tried posting this info on the Plugin Boutique video comments section and, even when I tried typing "J's MIDI tools" backward, the comment was still instantly deleted.
Sadly I don't think that would work as Ableton seems to lump all the midi into one channel, so can't filter it in different tracks.

Even if it did, in ableton I believe vst/au plugin midi filters would load as instruments (vs M4L), meaning that in addition to the main instacomposer track, every channel would need a midi track that listens to the instacomposer track and filters it, and a track that listens to the filtered track with the instrument in it.

I think it's restricted to a single track running some kind of chainer/plugin host like Image-Line's minihost modular housing instacomposer and all the filters and instruments in one. On mac, I tend to use https://x42-plugins.com/x42/x42-midifilter

I like the idea of creating an InstaComposer thread. After a lot more tinkering, I got some nice output. So far I can't seem to find a way to get anything but root triads out of the chord generator though.
Too many DAWs and plug-ins

It's good to be a Falcon owner. :party:

Falcon has been updated to version 2.5.0

Owners can download the update for free via UVI Portal uvi.net/uvi-portal

WHAT’S NEW?

- NEW! TS Overdrive effect

- NEW! VCF-20 effect

- NEW! Cartesian Sequencer

- NEW! Rain Sequencer

- NEW! Euclidean Keys

- NEW! Wave Sequencer

- NEW Warp Sequencer

- NEW! Probability Arp

- NEW! MIDI Record, MIDI Pitch Delay, MIDI Monitor scripts

- NEW! Note Pan

- NEW! Velocity Test script

- NEW! Multi LFO modulation source

- NEW! Smooth Random modulation source

- Reworked GUIs for Chord Bank, Chorder, Chorder Extended, Scale, Mapper, Tonal Harmonizer, Step Line, Polyphonic Sequencer and MIDI CC LFO scripts

- Apple ARM (M1) support

- 100+ new factory presets

- Under-the-hood improvements

Yeah, looks great!
Too bad Falcon doesn't output Midi. Although there now seems to be drag and drop export at least from the new internal Midi recorder... :-)

But now the download has broken down... :party:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:33 pm Yeah, looks great!
Too bad Falcon doesn't output Midi. Although there now seems to be drag and drop export at least from the new internal Midi recorder... :-)

But now the download has broken down... :party:

Cheers,

Tom

Same here. The UVI client has been spinning it's wheels for an hour. Really looking forward to learn how the MIDI out/drag works, and play with the sequencers.

While waiting, the manual is at https://s3.amazonaws.com/uvi/UVIFC/falcon_manual.pdf MIDI devices are pages 233-286. It does look like it only has a record feature- i.e. no direct MIDI out while fiddling with parameters.

Thanks for update on falcon with midi manual page numbers.

I may create an Instacomposer thread. Should it go in Effects or Instruments or Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)?
In Studio One it shows as an Instrument.

Return to “Effects”