Help with Sitala after sample library relocation

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sitala

Hi, I really don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes:

I recently changed computers and moved all my samples, yet I couldn't keep the file structure intact because I used to use multiple drives, so I decided to reorganize them altogether and put them in fewer folders. Reaper has a neat function where it lets you scan a directory for missing samples, yet my favorite drum sequencer which I use almost everywhere, Sitala, appears to have no similar function. I don't know if it's possible to do anything other than manually relocate each sample and have to re-tweak their volume and pitch settings within Sitala, but if there is anything else I can do it would sure be a humongous time-saver. Thanks!

Oh also, if it helps, I still have my old computer with the files there, I knew it could be tough so I haven't deleted anything.

Edit: I managed to re-transfer my sample library with the intact structure through partitions and symbolic links. I'll leave this open in case anyone has any methods they'd want to share though

Just saw your email to this effect in our inbox, but thought I'd answer here in public in case it's useful for someone else.

Sadly, we don't have anything to do that easily right now. It was in-progress when we did our last release, but just wasn't quite ready in time. Our version is somewhat cooler than exists in other software -- it uses the system search software (e.g. Spotlight or Windows Search) to find samples automatically and can update the whole kit in one click. The bad news is that we don't have a concrete time-line for the next release yet. Probably the best thing to do would be to only manually update the projects you're actively working on, and for the others, to just update them when the new Sitala comes out.

For other folks that are considering a reorganization, probably the best thing to do in advance is to save the kits from those projects to a .sitala kit before the move. Then you just have to grab that one file (Sitala kits are self-contained -- they have all of the samples in them), rather than going one-by-one through each sample in the kit.

If I remember correctly, Reaper also has an extension to the normal VST features that tells plugins where the Reaper project dir is, so that we could potentially store all samples there. But that's something we've talked about, but haven't even really done the research on.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”