Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All these Zynaptiq bundle discounts are great but I would rather get the ZAP II Bundle. Does anyone remember when it was on sale last time?

SirKen wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:04 pm All these Zynaptiq bundle discounts are great but I would rather get the ZAP II Bundle. Does anyone remember when it was on sale last time?
It was on sale for Black Friday last year.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:44 pm
SirKen wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:04 pm All these Zynaptiq bundle discounts are great but I would rather get the ZAP II Bundle. Does anyone remember when it was on sale last time?
It was on sale for Black Friday last year.
Was it also 60% off?

30% off, they always discount the bundles less (since they're basically already discounted).

Uncle E wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:08 pm
Vleker wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:51 pm Apparently Waves V13 was just released. No real upgrades aside from M1 and Windows 11 compatibility for which they want us to pay again. I feel like V12 just came out.
That's the game. I now only upgrade my Abbey Road Collection, which works out pretty well since every upgrade comes with a new plugin and the upgrade is about the same cost as the new plugin. I let all my other Waves plugins lapse.
I just have that, still in plan just, plus originally had the Silver bundle. Upgraded to Gold to get the hi-res zoom and eventually will just move through Platinum etc, but only when there’s a ‘must have’ feature added. Been lucky that Windows has barely changed for 5+ years whereas must be a nightmare for Mac users.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:20 pm
Uncle E wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:08 pm
Vleker wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:51 pm Apparently Waves V13 was just released. No real upgrades aside from M1 and Windows 11 compatibility for which they want us to pay again. I feel like V12 just came out.
That's the game. I now only upgrade my Abbey Road Collection, which works out pretty well since every upgrade comes with a new plugin and the upgrade is about the same cost as the new plugin. I let all my other Waves plugins lapse.
I just have that, still in plan just, plus originally had the Silver bundle. Upgraded to Gold to get the hi-res zoom and eventually will just move through Platinum etc, but only when there’s a ‘must have’ feature added. Been lucky that Windows has barely changed for 5+ years whereas must be a nightmare for Mac users.
Yeah pretty much. I upgraded to gold back when it was forced upgrade to keep thing compatible. I only want to keep the Abbey Roads stuff but would be okay getting rid of them too at this point.

I get that there’s costs in developing but they’re not as “essential” (to me) as they once were. I’m looking to buy an M1x or M2 system or whatever they call it, but if that means saying goodbye to Waves vs paying them more then so be it. Time to move on I guess.

Guess I’m lazy, but I haven’t yet found any plugins or combination that I like as much for DI acoustic guitar or vocals as the Waves CLA Unplugged and Vocal plugins. Once I think about “how I rarely use Waves” stuff it’s not really true, there are probably a dozen plugins of theirs I use semi-regularly. Things I slap on without even thinking about it like S1 Stereo Imager to widen pans. I probably would WUP to get those if I had to.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:44 pm Once I think about “how I rarely use Waves” stuff it’s not really true, there are probably a dozen plugins of theirs I use semi-regularly. Things I slap on without even thinking about it like S1 Stereo Imager to widen pans. I probably would WUP to get those if I had to.
I am in the same boat. Just migrating my current audio rig over to my Ryzen 5950x and I have at least 3 generations of waves plugins on the current box. Some get occasional use , some get a lot of use. Having to upgrade them all after a large outlay of cash is something I will reluctantly have to accept.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:18 pm 30% off, they always discount the bundles less (since they're basically already discounted).
But they bump up the prices and then apply the discount. For example, my upgrade from Platinum to Horizon was cheaper before this sale. I want to upgrade to Horizon, but looking at the upgrade prices I don't think it will ever go below ~$100, which is a justifiable price for me.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:07 am
Uncle E wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:18 pm 30% off, they always discount the bundles less (since they're basically already discounted).
But they bump up the prices and then apply the discount. For example, my upgrade from Platinum to Horizon was cheaper before this sale. I want to upgrade to Horizon, but looking at the upgrade prices I don't think it will ever go below ~$100, which is a justifiable price for me.
Sorry, I was referring to Zynaptiq.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:50 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:07 am
Sorry, I was referring to Zynaptiq.
Oh, I am sorry for the confusion then. Did not see the post above yours. :)

fairlyclose wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:17 am
Harry_HH wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:38 am
fairlyclose wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:32 am
Harry_HH wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:24 am
paolostylo wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:22 am Zynaptiq - MORPH 2 at Don'tCrack for $99 but for PDZ-Members even cheaper: $88 ;-)
I've got a couple of Zynaptiq products - unfortunately they allow only one installation per DAW, not even cloud-option in iLok.
Cant you just move them between machines with the ilok manager? I can use in multiple daws on same machine fine
iCloud is for that. Opening the iLok manager and un- and re-activating the plugin every time when you move from the machine to another, is too complicated. Think if you had to do that for every single plugin you have.
Maybe ask them to provide ilok cloud? I'm amazed all your plugins need deactivate, and reactivate when you transfer machines tho. That must be a real drag.
I reached out to Zynaptiq using their form about 4 days ago and have not heard back. It looks like they only provide 1 ilok activation and no cloud or computer activation option. I bought Pitchmap before they went iLok. I'm OK with iLok as long as there are at least 2 computer activations provided. Did anyone here find out for sure? I will most definitely not be buying anymore of their products if that's the case. Even on sale they charge a premium for their plugins compared to others, they should at least give us two activations. IMO. Riley
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

riley4reason wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:35 pm I reached out to Zynaptiq using their form about 4 days ago and have not heard back. It looks like they only provide 1 ilok activation and no cloud or computer activation option. I bought Pitchmap before they went iLok. I'm OK with iLok as long as there are at least 2 computer activations provided. Did anyone here find out for sure? I will most definitely not be buying anymore of their products if that's the case. Even on sale they charge a premium for their plugins compared to others, they should at least give us two activations. IMO. Riley
I guess give their social media a try? Supposedly 2 activations are available upon request, I use iLok cloud so haven't a need for requesting.

A bit OT but I cannot find my sale-thread. Are they getting removed if you do not bump them after a while?

Sindikhate wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:09 pm A bit OT but I cannot find my sale-thread. Are they getting removed if you do not bump them after a while?
Yes, after 30 days of inactivity according to the forum rules:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=49313

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”