Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I find the whole Izotope pricing thing a bit of a minefield, I have Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced and RX 7 standard - trying to figure out if my best option is to upgrade the RX7 standard now to RX9, wait for Ozone and/or Neutron update and go for some kind of deal on the production suite or go for the subscription at some point.

Anyone figured out a good way to go?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:39 am I find the whole Izotope pricing thing a bit of a minefield, I have Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced and RX 7 standard - trying to figure out if my best option is to upgrade the RX7 standard now to RX9, wait for Ozone and/or Neutron update and go for some kind of deal on the production suite or go for the subscription at some point.

I wish!

Same place as you I think. I always find their upgrade pricing model just insane. It’s never improved and has only gotten worse with more products.

I was hoping they’d get better now that they’re partnered with NI, but it’s still the same mess.

Anyone know how long the Zynaptic deals will run? I keep missing them because I haven’t found the time to demo. I potentially want Intensity but just want to give it a try before buying.

elxsound wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:14 pm Anyone know how long the Zynaptic deals will run? I keep missing them because I haven’t found the time to demo. I potentially want Intensity but just want to give it a try before buying.
Try Audio Deluxe or Plugin Boutique as they tend to give the end dates.

zacha wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:45 am Ah! Thanks. Definitely some user error there. That was the one I was looking for
No problem! iZotope has a lot of of upgrade options.

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:39 am I find the whole Izotope pricing thing a bit of a minefield, I have Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced and RX 7 standard - trying to figure out if my best option is to upgrade the RX7 standard now to RX9, wait for Ozone and/or Neutron update and go for some kind of deal on the production suite or go for the subscription at some point.

Music Production Suite would be the way to go. It has all 3. Then once you have it, only upgrade within it rather than upgrading the products individually. As you said, you'll want to wait until Ozone and/or Neutron are updated before getting it, which could be a long time, so you might just want to do the $99 RX Upgrade for the time being if you need it.

The subscription is $20 per month so you'll be up to the price of the upgrade in 5 months.

elxsound wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:14 pm Anyone know how long the Zynaptic deals will run? I keep missing them because I haven’t found the time to demo. I potentially want Intensity but just want to give it a try before buying.
They end October 24.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:45 pm

Music Production Suite would be the way to go. It has all 3. Then once you have it, only upgrade within it rather than upgrading the products individually. As you said, you'll want to wait until Ozone and/or Neutron are updated before getting it, which could be a long time, so you might just want to do the $99 RX Upgrade for the time being if you need it.

The subscription is $20 per month so you'll be up to the price of the upgrade in 5 months.
It makes sense to do it via Music Production Suite but I don't think there is a cost effective way of going from the individual products to the bundle even though I have 2 in the current version and one in a previous version..they only seem to count one product and then you have the upgrade from there.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:13 pm
They end October 24.
Thank you!

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:45 pm It makes sense to do it via Music Production Suite but I don't think there is a cost effective way of going from the individual products to the bundle even though I have 2 in the current version and one in a previous version..they only seem to count one product and then you have the upgrade from there.
Yes, that is sadly true. The best you can do is get the Crossgrade when it goes on sale for $399. Not great, considering all you own. The benefit of upgrading the products individually is you don't need to wait for the Suite to get upgraded. For example, if someone already owns Music Production Suite 4, I don't think they get RX 9 for free, even though it's currently included in Music Production Suite 4. Thus, that person would have to either buy the RX Upgrade or wait until Music Production Suite 5 comes out to upgrade the full Suite.

There's an Everything Bundle Upgrade from Ozone Advanced and Neutron Advanced that went on sale for $599 in February. From a value perspective (mainly because it would get you RX Advanced), that would have been your best deal.

elxsound wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:11 pm It’s never improved and has only gotten worse with more products.
They do have a new upgrade path, directly from the previous Standard version to the new one for $49, vs "From any previous version" for $99. So that's an improvement... doesn't help me though!

Otherwise yes it's a total mess, always is and seemingly always will be. They'll even send you an email saying there are customized offers in your account right now, log in to check it out - and you log in, and they're vouchers for stuff you already own :clap:

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:41 am
elxsound wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:11 pm It’s never improved and has only gotten worse with more products.
They do have a new upgrade path, directly from the previous Standard version to the new one for $49, vs "From any previous version" for $99. So that's an improvement... doesn't help me though!

Otherwise yes it's a total mess, always is and seemingly always will be. They'll even send you an email saying there are customized offers in your account right now, log in to check it out - and you log in, and they're vouchers for stuff you already own :clap:
I've had this issue in the past and reached out to iZotope Customer Care. I told them that I owned most products within a suite and wanted to know what was available for an upgrade path that included these products which accounted for what I already owned since I felt the upgrade price was a bit too high. At the time they gave me a discount coupon I could use anytime (including sales, offers/crossgrades), but it only works on the iZotope web store.

It probably wouldn't hurt to try it. The worst that could happen is that they tell you they can't help you, but there's probably a better chance they'll offer you a discount code.

I'd suggest first checking your loyalty offers once logged in, and then, as SolarAxix says, don't hesitate in emailing customer support, explaining your case.
They had recently treated me so well, that kinda restored my faith in buying/upgrading from them, still very carefully weighing what you actually need and its release trajectory. And I am one of those who paid over $200 for Iris early on... so I was quite burnt out.

iZotope RX 9 Standard update seems to be $ 49 at the moment.

For non-Logic users the only new thing seems to De-Hum.

Enough reason to update from RX 8 Standard?

@ Uncle E - thanks for the suggestion - I'm thinking possibly of adopting the strategy of upgrading the individual products in a leisurely way. Do you know how long the intro upgrade sale of RX9 Standard is going on for?

@ Nspace & SolarAxis. I looked at my offers last night and noticed the "Contact us" - I may give that a try at some point.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”