DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:43 pm The MIDI CC functions are only intended to be used with VST plugins (but mapping them to Bitwig remote controls should be preferred if possible). If you want to map specific parameters in Bitwig by using the Learn from the Context menu, assign one of the "User Parameter"s before using the learn function.
Could you, or anyone else reading this give me a step by step example of how to achieve this?

I'm thinking that the MIDI CC route is the only way of circumventing Generic/Flexi's lack of ability to handle grouped tracks.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

moss wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:27 pm

Did you enable the "Has only 1 fader" option in the Hardware Setup section of the settings?
Oh! I did have that enabled, and after toggling it to "off" the prev and next buttons work as expected. Idk if that's the expected behavior, but now it works. Thanks so much.

moss wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:38 pm Press the Encoder to confirm your selection and close the browser.
Press the browse button to discard your selection and close the browser.
Ok, that works. Obviously I got it wrong before…
Thanks a lot :)

carlca wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:23 pm Hi Moss, In Generic/Flexi, is there a way to assign a control to a particular named group track rather than just a numbered tracks?
Sorry, no.

Hi there, I recently discovered the great function of 'Add Track' on push4bitwig script (push2).

I noticed that it has a list of instruments that seem to be not my collection of instruments on my computer. A lot of my instruments don't show up on this list - is there any way for me to add more of my own instrument VSTs to this list?
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

carlca wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:54 pm
moss wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:43 pm The MIDI CC functions are only intended to be used with VST plugins (but mapping them to Bitwig remote controls should be preferred if possible). If you want to map specific parameters in Bitwig by using the Learn from the Context menu, assign one of the "User Parameter"s before using the learn function.
Could you, or anyone else reading this give me a step by step example of how to achieve this?
This video gives an overview to user parameters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcV18yu ... cP&index=3

In short:
- Map one of your knobs or faders to a slot
- Assign one of the 'Set user parameter' functions to the slot
- Select MIDI learn on a parameter (right click context menu)
- Move the knob/fader you assigned

reflekshun wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:42 am Hi there, I recently discovered the great function of 'Add Track' on push4bitwig script (push2).

I noticed that it has a list of instruments that seem to be not my collection of instruments on my computer. A lot of my instruments don't show up on this list - is there any way for me to add more of my own instrument VSTs to this list?
Sadly, the installed VSTs cannot be enumerated. If you can send me the IDs of your VSTs I can add them. How to get them is a but tricky and is explained in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aElg7Fj ... 2&index=19

Yo Moss.

Can you tell me what, if anything, the second midi output (the non-DAW one) is used for with M32? I couldn't see anything in the code apart from sysex which I'm guessing is all going to the DAW midi port?

The reason I ask is the "KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 MIDI" output has become completely unopenable by anything (not enough memory bullshit), and your controller won't initialise without the port being filled in. Windows 11 with latest KK installed. So may be W11 issue (NI stuff all officially unsupported) but can't be bothered to revert to W10.

I've put in a dead-end virtual port for now, just so it'll load.

See end of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=571495
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:08 pm Yo Moss.

Can you tell me what, if anything, the second midi output (the non-DAW one) is used for with M32? I couldn't see anything in the code apart from sysex which I'm guessing is all going to the DAW midi port?

The reason I ask is the "KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 MIDI" output has become completely unopenable by anything (not enough memory bullshit), and your controller won't initialise without the port being filled in. Windows 11 with latest KK installed. So may be W11 issue (NI stuff all officially unsupported) but can't be bothered to revert to W10.

Hmm, good question. I think it is not used at all and I guess I just added it in the beginning just in case and then forgot about it. So, your workaround should be fine.
To fix it, I would try to reinstall all Kontrol drivers.

moss wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:38 pm
Karbon L. Forms wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:08 pm Yo Moss.

Hmm, good question. I think it is not used at all and I guess I just added it in the beginning just in case and then forgot about it. So, your workaround should be fine.
To fix it, I would try to reinstall all Kontrol drivers.
Cool, cheers. As I suspected.

I've tried all sorts of fixes, including a re-install.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

hello moss,
I could not sync the block of clips in bitwig 3 on my computer screen when I use the APC40MKII the arrow.

you told me it was an API issue, is this solved in Bitwig 4

dupont wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:03 pm hello moss,
I could not sync the block of clips in bitwig 3 on my computer screen when I use the APC40MKII the arrow.

Sorry, don't understand the question.

moss wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:12 pm

That about this scrolling issue starting at Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:08 am : viewtopic.php?f=268&t=502948&p=8064595#p8064595
and here
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:37 am viewtopic.php?f=268&t=502948&p=8049396#p8049396

dupont wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:44 am
moss wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:12 pm

That about this scrolling issue starting at Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:08 am : viewtopic.php?f=268&t=502948&p=8064595#p8064595
and here
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:37 am viewtopic.php?f=268&t=502948&p=8049396#p8049396
Just brought it up again, but no news so far.

OK, I sent a request to Bitwig support, let's wait and see ...

Return to “Controller Scripting”