Obscurium 1.0.8 in Logic ARM

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Obscurium works great in Logic on my MacMini M1.
Question though is, does Obscurium have a MIDI out function. If so, how do I do that in Logic.

thanks for any info on this.

Hi ValliSoftware,

yes, in general Obscurium has MIDI out, but I'm afraid to tell you that in Logic there will be no fun.
In Logic only MIDI FX supports direct output of MIDI from plug-ins, but for Obscurium there currently is no such flavour available. There is a Logic workaround, you can at least use the workaround via IAC to feed the MIDI into Logic, but the IAC bus has horrible timing problems and we have no chance to do something regarding that. Sorry for not having any better news for you at the moment! Anyway, we will see what we can do about an Obscurium MIDI FX version in the future.

Best,
Nadine

Sugar Bytes wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:34 pm There is a Logic workaround, you can at least use the workaround via IAC to feed the MIDI into Logic,
How is this done, I started the standalone but no virtual port gets created.
So how do I get the MIDI out from Obscurium?

FYI - I've written my own MIDI FX Route Out plug-in so you'll just need to tell me the exact steps to get MIDI out of Obscurium. Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTzjMGDc4cE

ValliSoftware wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:47 pm How is this done, I started the standalone but no virtual port gets created.
Hi ValliSoftware,
I spoke to our devs again and I'm afraid to tell you that the IAC workaround does only work for Thesys, but not for Obscurium. But since the timing is really unstable when using IAC anyway, we have decided to work on a MIDI FX variant for Obscurium (will happen next week), which should solve the MIDI Out of Obscurium in Logic hassle. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready to download.
Best, Nadine

Sugar Bytes wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:26 am
ValliSoftware wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:47 pm How is this done, I started the standalone but no virtual port gets created.
Hi ValliSoftware,
I spoke to our devs again and I'm afraid to tell you that the IAC workaround does only work for Thesys, but not for Obscurium. But since the timing is really unstable when using IAC anyway, we have decided to work on a MIDI FX variant for Obscurium (will happen next week), which should solve the MIDI Out of Obscurium in Logic hassle. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready to download.
Best, Nadine
Nadine, a MIDI FX is even better for Obscurium. Thanks for the update on this and looking forward to that.

Any news on the MIDI FX variant for Obscurium? Thanks in advance for any news you can share.

It's already there in Logic.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”