Reason price hike starting October 1st

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
10732 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:40 pm

waxtrax wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:20 pm
antic604 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:10 pm
you can't take advantage of the PB deal? You'll get a serial that - once your current sub runs off - you put into your account and you'll get a fresh year of sub. Isn't that how it's working?
It might work that way (not sure), but I wouldn't want to be wrong about something like that :wink:
I've asked PB because indeed I can't see where would I put any code for R+ in my account...
Stuff for sale: iZotope Music Prod. Suite 3, incl. N3 Adv, O9 Adv, Tonal Bal. Ctrl 2, RX7 Std, Vocal Synth 2, Nectar 3, R4+Nimbus. PM me :)



Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRist
240 posts since 5 Oct, 2004

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:26 pm

antic604 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:40 pm
I've asked PB because indeed I can't see where would I put any code for R+ in my account...
Have a look here: Reason+ and there is a very small "Have a coupon code?"... can you see it...? 8)

But you have to be logged in.

User avatar
KVRAF
10732 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:46 pm

kinkajou wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:26 pm
antic604 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:40 pm
I've asked PB because indeed I can't see where would I put any code for R+ in my account...
Have a look here: Reason+ and there is a very small "Have a coupon code?"... can you see it...? 8)

But you have to be logged in.
Thanks! So that puzzle's solved :)
Stuff for sale: iZotope Music Prod. Suite 3, incl. N3 Adv, O9 Adv, Tonal Bal. Ctrl 2, RX7 Std, Vocal Synth 2, Nectar 3, R4+Nimbus. PM me :)



Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRer
11 posts since 30 Jul, 2014

Post Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:05 am

Does anyone know when the "coupon" expires? How long can I wait before activating the Reason+ subscription bought from PB?

User avatar
KVRAF
10732 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:17 am

Marth wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:05 am
Does anyone know when the "coupon" expires? How long can I wait before activating the Reason+ subscription bought from PB?
Since you can't "stack", i.e. add sub from the coupon to your current time, I don't think it expires. Worth asking PB about it, though. I'll update my posts if/when I hear from them.
Stuff for sale: iZotope Music Prod. Suite 3, incl. N3 Adv, O9 Adv, Tonal Bal. Ctrl 2, RX7 Std, Vocal Synth 2, Nectar 3, R4+Nimbus. PM me :)



Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

v1o
KVRAF
3041 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:05 am

Lets wait and see if there is black friday sale.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

KVRAF
7609 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:50 am

Why Reason 12 is losing its value in the 2nd hand market so quickly?! I tried to sell it for $230 but I couldn't! Now, I see it much less than that!
I wouldn't sell it less than $230! I've decided to keep it and use it sometimes when I'm tired of Cubase! It is actually not bad after the latest update! They fixed the sequencer icons, but still some synths like PX7 and Parsec2 still need fixing. I think soon it will be all fine ;)
It is good time to buy it 2nd hand now!

KVRAF
8245 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:07 am

EnGee wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:50 am
Why Reason 12 is losing its value in the 2nd hand market so quickly?! I tried to sell it for $230 but I couldn't! Now, I see it much less than that!
Possibly lots of people selling licences and going subscription- it was recently half price subscribe for a year.
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

KVRAF
7609 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:25 am

Oh I see!
Personally, I won't subscribe but I can see for many who have their main DAW Reason, it is a good deal if they need lots of contents.

User avatar
KVRAF
10732 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 am

EnGee wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:25 am
Personally, I won't subscribe but I can see for many who have their main DAW Reason, it is a good deal if they need lots of contents.
That's my thinking. I'm selling my v12 Standard (EUR175 now) and getting 1 year sub via PB before the end of the month. Too bad you can't stack subs (confirmed by RS), otherwise I'd probably buy 2. The codes do not expire, but I was advised against keeping one for 1 year+ (also by RS).
Stuff for sale: iZotope Music Prod. Suite 3, incl. N3 Adv, O9 Adv, Tonal Bal. Ctrl 2, RX7 Std, Vocal Synth 2, Nectar 3, R4+Nimbus. PM me :)



Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRAF
7609 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:24 pm

I would only think of a subscription if I don't have any plugs. It seems everything is going to the subscription route (like gaming), although not sure how successful the idea itself. Unlike gaming, I probably want to keep the musical tool as I would keep using it, but for games mostly I just play it once and let it go or (keep it for a collection but rare to keep playing it!). So, I can't see the attraction for the subscription of Reason Studio!

Anyway, subscribers might have found something that I'm missing. I don't know, maybe for producers they just use what's available today without thinking of keeping the tools for tomorrow. They can buy it later if they want, I guess!

User avatar
KVRAF
10732 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:01 am

EnGee wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:24 pm
Anyway, subscribers might have found something that I'm missing.
I'm not sure there's anything that you're missing. It's just that everyone has a different calculation. In my case, when I'm using Reason I use the DAW and don't use any VSTs with it. So for me the more REs the better. I have most of the devices from Suite (that's why I never bought it), but I don't have few I liked - e.g. Scenic, Umpf Retro. In the meantime they've released Algoritm, Friktion and Pattern Mutator - all three are pretty great. If I wanted to get those devices to use with my perpetual license it would cost me north of EUR400, maybe EUR300 at some sale. So if I can have all of them for EUR110 for 1 year, then that seems like a good deal. And I can be pretty certain that during that year RS will release 2-3 new devices, that I'll have immediate access to.

Sure, it's only for a year and them I stay with nothing, but I still have my projects and if I really need to access them, I can buy 1 month. Also, there will always be sales & discounts, so I will likely be able to get another 1 year cheaply. Having several DAWs I don't have to renew right away, either. And having 300+ VSTs I don't need to rely on Reason Rack Plugin to use those other DAWs fully.

So in some way subscription gives you flexibility and - potentially - access to a wider catalogue of devices and if you use it wisely (buy on sales / discounts, don't renew automatically) then it probably won't be more expensiave than a traditional perpetual license.
Stuff for sale: iZotope Music Prod. Suite 3, incl. N3 Adv, O9 Adv, Tonal Bal. Ctrl 2, RX7 Std, Vocal Synth 2, Nectar 3, R4+Nimbus. PM me :)



Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRAF
1779 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:38 am

antic604 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:01 am

Sure, it's only for a year and them I stay with nothing,
Reminds me of the song - "I started out with nothing and I get still got all of it left". :hihi:

User avatar
KVRAF
2150 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:29 am

antic604 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:01 am
EnGee wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:24 pm
Anyway, subscribers might have found something that I'm missing.
I'm not sure there's anything that you're missing. It's just that everyone has a different calculation. In my case, when I'm using Reason I use the DAW and don't use any VSTs with it. So for me the more REs the better. I have most of the devices from Suite (that's why I never bought it), but I don't have few I liked - e.g. Scenic, Umpf Retro. In the meantime they've released Algoritm, Friktion and Pattern Mutator - all three are pretty great. If I wanted to get those devices to use with my perpetual license it would cost me north of EUR400, maybe EUR300 at some sale. So if I can have all of them for EUR110 for 1 year, then that seems like a good deal. And I can be pretty certain that during that year RS will release 2-3 new devices, that I'll have immediate access to.

Sure, it's only for a year and them I stay with nothing, but I still have my projects and if I really need to access them, I can buy 1 month. Also, there will always be sales & discounts, so I will likely be able to get another 1 year cheaply. Having several DAWs I don't have to renew right away, either. And having 300+ VSTs I don't need to rely on Reason Rack Plugin to use those other DAWs fully.

So in some way subscription gives you flexibility and - potentially - access to a wider catalogue of devices and if you use it wisely (buy on sales / discounts, don't renew automatically) then it probably won't be more expensiave than a traditional perpetual license.
perhaps your reasoning is right, but 2-3 devices per year by Reason Studios?? i find that hard to belief, but i can proven wrong, of course. the Pattern Mutator for instance, seems a simple device, to make a good sequencer take as much time as making a soft synth, although for Patter Mutator Reason Studios had already some code.

Friktion was released august 20202, algoritm, around Reason+ release, or just after, yes that was it, i believe..

of course the sale way, is let's say €100 per year. the bitwig upgrade plan via jrrshop...
so perhaps not that bad. although, for me personally, i think Reason+ is more about soundpacks than devices. i don't use soundpacks. personal approach.

i will stick to perputual license, and perhaps acquire Algoritm, at black friday, there is a possibility, a can use €50 voucher, when it is in sale. they are thinking about it.

in a sale, without a voucher, Friktion + Algoritm + Patter Mutator will be around €217, i guess...
with a perpetual license, for Reason 12, that is €317... 3 years of Reason+?

with the difference, i own it. i don't update every DAW i have, bitwig, harrison mixbuss, did the Reason 12 upgrade (as they call it), but perhaps will that the last one, for the coming years.

but i don't need every device, Friktion is great, but i wouldn't use it. Algoritm is great, would only buy it in sale, with voucher. i can live without them.

o yes, Mimic is a new device, had forgotten about it...

we do all our own math. so nice that there are options. i never was against Reason+, only how Reason Studios handles their customers, and the clickbait site.. how can you be against something that is an option, and hopefully stay an option.

Reason 12 is quite stable now, i can see the devices, much better! my eyes can rest.... and on a touchscreen, they react quite well, although, i mainly use Panaroma P1, within Reason DAW. but sometimes faster, via touchscreen.
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

KVRAF
7609 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:47 am

antic604 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:01 am

Sure, it's only for a year and them I stay with nothing, but I still have my projects and if I really need to access them, I can buy 1 month. Also, there will always be sales & discounts, so I will likely be able to get another 1 year cheaply. Having several DAWs I don't have to renew right away, either. And having 300+ VSTs I don't need to rely on Reason Rack Plugin to use those other DAWs fully.

So in some way subscription gives you flexibility and - potentially - access to a wider catalogue of devices and if you use it wisely (buy on sales / discounts, don't renew automatically) then it probably won't be more expensiave than a traditional perpetual license.
I don't know man! I think we are different. I also feel different than before as my GAS is very low for both plugs and DAWs! I'm still using the same plugs and they are getting less with time as I'm increasing the usage of the hardware synths and just add some few additional plugs.

I might sell Live and Reason locally in Trademe (our e-Bay) instead of the 2nd hand market here in KVR as I don't use them. I don't want to waste my money anymore! I have really more than I need! I need just to grow up :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”