Reason price hike starting October 1st

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

waxtrax wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:20 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:10 pm you can't take advantage of the PB deal? You'll get a serial that - once your current sub runs off - you put into your account and you'll get a fresh year of sub. Isn't that how it's working?
It might work that way (not sure), but I wouldn't want to be wrong about something like that :wink:
I've asked PB because indeed I can't see where would I put any code for R+ in my account...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:40 pm I've asked PB because indeed I can't see where would I put any code for R+ in my account...
Have a look here: Reason+ and there is a very small "Have a coupon code?"... can you see it...? 8)

But you have to be logged in.

kinkajou wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:26 am
antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:40 pm I've asked PB because indeed I can't see where would I put any code for R+ in my account...
Have a look here: Reason+ and there is a very small "Have a coupon code?"... can you see it...? 8)

But you have to be logged in.
Thanks! So that puzzle's solved :)
Music tech enthusiast

Does anyone know when the "coupon" expires? How long can I wait before activating the Reason+ subscription bought from PB?

Marth wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:05 amDoes anyone know when the "coupon" expires? How long can I wait before activating the Reason+ subscription bought from PB?
Since you can't "stack", i.e. add sub from the coupon to your current time, I don't think it expires. Worth asking PB about it, though. I'll update my posts if/when I hear from them.
Music tech enthusiast

Lets wait and see if there is black friday sale.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Why Reason 12 is losing its value in the 2nd hand market so quickly?! I tried to sell it for $230 but I couldn't! Now, I see it much less than that!
I wouldn't sell it less than $230! I've decided to keep it and use it sometimes when I'm tired of Cubase! It is actually not bad after the latest update! They fixed the sequencer icons, but still some synths like PX7 and Parsec2 still need fixing. I think soon it will be all fine ;)
It is good time to buy it 2nd hand now!

EnGee wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:50 am Why Reason 12 is losing its value in the 2nd hand market so quickly?! I tried to sell it for $230 but I couldn't! Now, I see it much less than that!
Possibly lots of people selling licences and going subscription- it was recently half price subscribe for a year.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Oh I see!
Personally, I won't subscribe but I can see for many who have their main DAW Reason, it is a good deal if they need lots of contents.

EnGee wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:25 pmPersonally, I won't subscribe but I can see for many who have their main DAW Reason, it is a good deal if they need lots of contents.
That's my thinking. I'm selling my v12 Standard (EUR175 now) and getting 1 year sub via PB before the end of the month. Too bad you can't stack subs (confirmed by RS), otherwise I'd probably buy 2. The codes do not expire, but I was advised against keeping one for 1 year+ (also by RS).
Music tech enthusiast

I would only think of a subscription if I don't have any plugs. It seems everything is going to the subscription route (like gaming), although not sure how successful the idea itself. Unlike gaming, I probably want to keep the musical tool as I would keep using it, but for games mostly I just play it once and let it go or (keep it for a collection but rare to keep playing it!). So, I can't see the attraction for the subscription of Reason Studio!

Anyway, subscribers might have found something that I'm missing. I don't know, maybe for producers they just use what's available today without thinking of keeping the tools for tomorrow. They can buy it later if they want, I guess!

EnGee wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:24 pmAnyway, subscribers might have found something that I'm missing.
I'm not sure there's anything that you're missing. It's just that everyone has a different calculation. In my case, when I'm using Reason I use the DAW and don't use any VSTs with it. So for me the more REs the better. I have most of the devices from Suite (that's why I never bought it), but I don't have few I liked - e.g. Scenic, Umpf Retro. In the meantime they've released Algoritm, Friktion and Pattern Mutator - all three are pretty great. If I wanted to get those devices to use with my perpetual license it would cost me north of EUR400, maybe EUR300 at some sale. So if I can have all of them for EUR110 for 1 year, then that seems like a good deal. And I can be pretty certain that during that year RS will release 2-3 new devices, that I'll have immediate access to.

Sure, it's only for a year and them I stay with nothing, but I still have my projects and if I really need to access them, I can buy 1 month. Also, there will always be sales & discounts, so I will likely be able to get another 1 year cheaply. Having several DAWs I don't have to renew right away, either. And having 300+ VSTs I don't need to rely on Reason Rack Plugin to use those other DAWs fully.

So in some way subscription gives you flexibility and - potentially - access to a wider catalogue of devices and if you use it wisely (buy on sales / discounts, don't renew automatically) then it probably won't be more expensiave than a traditional perpetual license.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:01 am
Sure, it's only for a year and them I stay with nothing,
Reminds me of the song - "I started out with nothing and I get still got all of it left". :hihi:

EnGee wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:24 pmAnyway, subscribers might have found something that I'm missing.
I'm not sure there's anything that you're missing. It's just that everyone has a different calculation. In my case, when I'm using Reason I use the DAW and don't use any VSTs with it. So for me the more REs the better. I have most of the devices from Suite (that's why I never bought it), but I don't have few I liked - e.g. Scenic, Umpf Retro. In the meantime they've released Algoritm, Friktion and Pattern Mutator - all three are pretty great. If I wanted to get those devices to use with my perpetual license it would cost me north of EUR400, maybe EUR300 at some sale. So if I can have all of them for EUR110 for 1 year, then that seems like a good deal. And I can be pretty certain that during that year RS will release 2-3 new devices, that I'll have immediate access to.

Sure, it's only for a year and them I stay with nothing, but I still have my projects and if I really need to access them, I can buy 1 month. Also, there will always be sales & discounts, so I will likely be able to get another 1 year cheaply. Having several DAWs I don't have to renew right away, either. And having 300+ VSTs I don't need to rely on Reason Rack Plugin to use those other DAWs fully.

So in some way subscription gives you flexibility and - potentially - access to a wider catalogue of devices and if you use it wisely (buy on sales / discounts, don't renew automatically) then it probably won't be more expensiave than a traditional perpetual license.
perhaps your reasoning is right, but 2-3 devices per year by Reason Studios?? i find that hard to belief, but i can proven wrong, of course. the Pattern Mutator for instance, seems a simple device, to make a good sequencer take as much time as making a soft synth, although for Patter Mutator Reason Studios had already some code.

Friktion was released august 20202, algoritm, around Reason+ release, or just after, yes that was it, i believe..

of course the sale way, is let's say €100 per year. the bitwig upgrade plan via jrrshop...
so perhaps not that bad. although, for me personally, i think Reason+ is more about soundpacks than devices. i don't use soundpacks. personal approach.

i will stick to perputual license, and perhaps acquire Algoritm, at black friday, there is a possibility, a can use €50 voucher, when it is in sale. they are thinking about it.

in a sale, without a voucher, Friktion + Algoritm + Patter Mutator will be around €217, i guess...
with a perpetual license, for Reason 12, that is €317... 3 years of Reason+?

with the difference, i own it. i don't update every DAW i have, bitwig, harrison mixbuss, did the Reason 12 upgrade (as they call it), but perhaps will that the last one, for the coming years.

but i don't need every device, Friktion is great, but i wouldn't use it. Algoritm is great, would only buy it in sale, with voucher. i can live without them.

o yes, Mimic is a new device, had forgotten about it...

we do all our own math. so nice that there are options. i never was against Reason+, only how Reason Studios handles their customers, and the clickbait site.. how can you be against something that is an option, and hopefully stay an option.

Reason 12 is quite stable now, i can see the devices, much better! my eyes can rest.... and on a touchscreen, they react quite well, although, i mainly use Panaroma P1, within Reason DAW. but sometimes faster, via touchscreen.

I don't know man! I think we are different. I also feel different than before as my GAS is very low for both plugs and DAWs! I'm still using the same plugs and they are getting less with time as I'm increasing the usage of the hardware synths and just add some few additional plugs.

I might sell Live and Reason locally in Trademe (our e-Bay) instead of the 2nd hand market here in KVR as I don't use them. I don't want to waste my money anymore! I have really more than I need! I need just to grow up :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”