Acon Digital Acoustica Premium

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRAF
5203 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:59 am

I also got a few deactivated plugins (on Win 7), Redoptor 2 being one of them. None of my other hosts had any problem with those plugins.

KVRist
364 posts since 25 Sep, 2002 from Chicago

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:15 am

For doing quick editing, i think Acoustica is great. I also have Wavelab but I often prefer the simpler user interface of Acoustica. I'm on Windows 10 and have not had any plugin problems ever.
Last edited by trmupstage on Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian
511 posts since 29 Jul, 2009 from San Diego, CA

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:27 pm

Acoustica is awesome, so clear and intuitive. SoundOP is another hidden gem I recommend to people.

KVRist

Topic Starter

35 posts since 20 Jan, 2021

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:19 am

Thanks. SoundOP looks great. Too bad it's Windows only :)

KVRian
1187 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:41 am

I will only buy software that is cross-platform. That is prerequisite #1.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

KVRAF
6359 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:20 am

bronlund wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:08 am
Me, with a little help from you guys, landing on Acoustica Premium, isn't just me needing an editor. This is a result of years upon years of working, testing and frustration.

I should write a book about the perfect sample editor :D
I had a similar story, also ending being happy with Acoustica. My story started with Digidesigns Sounddesigner. When it was abandoned, I got on Peak, and I remember to convince the dev at the Frankfurt music fair to add that overview I was missing… After Peak went belly up, I kept returning to it though it worked less and less well with updated OS versions…
I didn‘t like Wavelab at all, and also Audacity was a pain… Finally, because I also needed some decent restoration tools, I got Acoustica and all that searching had an end…

KVRian
1120 posts since 25 Sep, 2014 from Specific Northwest

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:46 am

I haven't looked at Acoustica in over a year, bu the deal killer for me was that not all of the functions were available in batch processing. Hopefully, Stian has corrected that since. Otherwise, it's definitely worth the money.

KVRAF
7238 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:33 am

Just saw that Acoustica is 30% off for Black Friday :party:
trmupstage wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:15 am
For doing quick editing, i think Acoustica is great. I also have Wavelab but I often prefer the simpler user interface of Acoustica. I'm on Windows 10 and have not had any plugin problems ever.
I've been looking for an alternative to Wavelab on Mac (something simpler, less bloated, and more stable) and somehow never really considered Acoustica. Looks like I'll be doing some demo'ing tomorrow. :phones:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”