accSone Crusher-X V9 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don t understand the price hate - maybe it is sour grapes or maybe it is from people who do not understand the market it is designed for. But for the people for whom it is designed it is worth the money. Obviously.
Sinan Bokesoy's stuff seems to evoke similar mild outrage from some people for what I imagine are similar reasons

fairlyclose wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:23 am I don t understand the price hate - maybe it is sour grapes or maybe it is from people who do not understand the market it is designed for. But for the people for whom it is designed it is worth the money. Obviously.
Sinan Bokesoy's stuff seems to evoke similar mild outrage from some people for what I imagine are similar reasons
Fwiw I own a lot of Sonic Lab's stuff and consider it well worth the price, certainly at a discount. I am a highly irrational spender towards experimental plugins and devices. I'm actually kind of surprised I didn't buy CrusherX long ago.

CrusherX's pricing however is another level of magnitude higher, to the point where it's certainly not price hate from me. It's so beyond what I'm willing to pay that it doesn't even evoke much of an emotional response from me. The small circle of users they end up with for example also means that upgrade pricing needs to be equally high. Sonic Lab charges €29 or so every other year or so and I pay it within an hour of getting the news. When I see what accsone feels it needs to charge (€99) I'm doubly glad I don't have to.

So it's more that, on a purely intellectual level, I feel there would be another, lower pricing sweet spot for CrusherX where people like myself would consider buying it and everybody would win.

But who knows. Granular isn't nearly as special as it was ten years ago, so maybe the customers they already have are what they have to make their living on and lowering their prices would maybe bring in a few new ones but lose them money overall. That seems to be their reasoning at least.

wasi wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:57 am
fairlyclose wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:23 am I don t understand the price hate - maybe it is sour grapes or maybe it is from people who do not understand the market it is designed for. But for the people for whom it is designed it is worth the money. Obviously.
Fwiw I own a lot of Sonic Lab's stuff and consider it well worth the price, certainly at a discount. I am a highly irrational spender towards experimental plugins and devices. I'm actually kind of surprised I didn't buy CrusherX long ago.

CrusherX's pricing however is another level of magnitude higher, to the point where it's certainly not price hate from me. It's so beyond what I'm willing to pay that it doesn't even evoke much of an emotional response from me. The small circle of users they end up with for example also means that upgrade pricing needs to be equally high. Sonic Lab charges €29 or so every other year or so and I pay it within an hour of getting the news. When I see what accsone feels it needs to charge (€99) I'm doubly glad I don't have to.

So it's more that, on a purely intellectual level, I feel there would be another, lower pricing sweet spot for CrusherX where people like myself would consider buying it and everybody would win.

But who knows. Granular isn't nearly as special as it was ten years ago, so maybe the customers they already have are what they have to make their living on and lowering their prices would maybe bring in a few new ones but lose them money overall. That seems to be their reasoning at least.
I have no idea if they would do better charging less although that seems to work for PA. Certainly that strategy has been considered and rejected by Accsone https://www.accsone.com/about/pricing-statement

on the positive Accsone allow license transfers.

I do think the price is high especially as I only bought it full price 10 months ago. Should be a discount if you own version 8 then 99 euros if not.
Regardless I love Crusher-x, was a great purchase.
Would have loved more options when morphing presets to prevent them drastic sound jumps, fading between GCO samples, edit window for GCO.
I really want to buy the update to have a few more options to play with but I'm not sure I will yet.

cendrars wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:19 am I do think the price is high especially as I only bought it full price 10 months ago. Should be a discount if you own version 8 then 99 euros if not.
Regardless I love Crusher-x, was a great purchase.
Would have loved more options when morphing presets to prevent them drastic sound jumps, fading between GCO samples, edit window for GCO.
I really want to buy the update to have a few more options to play with but I'm not sure I will yet.
these kind of things the developer will take very seriously. V8 had also additions...
so every FR, because of the userbase, will taken very seriously, i am repeating myself, the buffer! the buffer!

Slate and Ashe Cycles is a granular in the same price range. Both seem too high in price for me, but others have bought them.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

How does it compare to granular in pigments, omnisphere, and falcon?

Shouldn't this be in the Effects area?

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:31 pm Shouldn't this be in the Effects area?
its a granular synthesiser and effect, so errr.... :shrug:

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:28 pm How does it compare to granular in pigments, omnisphere, and falcon?
four words.
it's pretty f**king awesome!

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:32 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:31 pm Shouldn't this be in the Effects area?
I missed the synthesiser part, sorry.
Quite comprehensive thing, isn't it?

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:34 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:32 pm
I missed the synthesiser part, sorry.
Quite comprehensive thing, isn't it?
im many versions old tbh, and even then it was advanced enough, i could use the standalone and do whole tracks from one instance. using the different layers independently.
it's crazy!

one day i will update, im not put off by the pricing, more, i don't feel ive exhausted what's there personally. don't buy things for the sake of more, if i don't need more :hihi:

that said, the older versions where difficult to use in a host, someone else will have to let us know if this has changed?

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:33 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:28 pm How does it compare to granular in pigments, omnisphere, and falcon?
four words.
it's pretty f**king awesome!
Sounds great. Does it do a lot more than those? Granular wise.

wish there was a temp discount for the update from previous versions.. just to roll into black friday or whatever. i will update eventually but might wait to see if there's a sale.

awesome plug in regardless.

Return to “Instruments”