E-MU 1616m, 1212m, 1820m, 0404 Audio Interface - Complete Windows 10 (1903 & Above) Installation Guide

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did you try a other pci slot? The driver can be installed without the dock present.
I always clean the copper contacts with a eraser.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
my E-MU 1820m on windows 11 64bit all working fine after this guide viewtopic.php?t=529349 but if i turn off and power on my pc the other day my the drivers stop work and i need to go back on safe mode with powershell again to run the EMU_DRIVER_FIX that make it work back again fine but is litle payne in my ass is any fix for this problem out there?? here >> https://pasteboard.co/4NacCvYv1BZv.png (https://pasteboard.co/4NacCvYv1BZv.png) succes working perfect ;) same problem on windows 10 machine with last updates

greenalien wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:37 pm Just tried Windows 11 insiders preview build. Unfortunately, it completely borks my 1616M installation, that worked perfectly under Windows 10 after following the excellent instructions at the start of this topic.
I hope someone more knowledgeable than me will investigate this problem and hopefully find a way to keep using these excellent sound cards into the Windows 11 era.
yes my 1820m working fine on windows 11 you need to go on safemode but the powershell open the temp folder right click on Emu_driver_fix.ps1 and run it with powershell from there and you are ready to go restart your pc and anjoy your card again

Please I have an E-mu midi keyboard. How do I connect it to windows 10 interface for live performances

Hi , Big thanks for your script . It worked fine on my 1820m without modifications.

I struggled to run the script because the ExecutionPolicy command
set-executionpolicy unrestricted -scope localmachine ,did not worked

I found this instead

To allow the script running :
C:\Windows\system32> set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope CurrentUser -Force -Verbose

To reset the setting to default (restricted mode):
C:\Windows\system32> set-ExecutionPolicy Undefined -Scope CurrentUser -Force -Verbose

Thanks again , i wish to all of you a creative usage of this nice piece of hardware.

mexced wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:19 pm Did you try a other pci slot? The driver can be installed without the dock present.
I always clean the copper contacts with a eraser.
Yes..

Is windows recognizing her with that name?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The above suggestions did not work in Windows 11.

I have an Emu 1212m PCI version.

Time for another card sadly,maybe the Audient ID 14 MK 2

Mack Ernest wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:00 am Please I have an E-mu midi keyboard. How do I connect it to windows 10 interface for live performances
Hi Mack, this thread is about the antique E-MU audio interfaces. Not keyboards.
But never mind that, what's the model of the E-mu midi keyboard you own?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Foobar is seeing the E-MU 1212m Hardware when i play a file by showing signal in the metres but the Powershell commands fail for the Patchmix Software in Windows 11,they refuse to work.

I can get this install guide working perfectly with Windows 10.

I really think it can work but no software boffin so lost at this stage.

Running the SCript for Powershell shows a list of red and the card can'yt be recognised by the software.

I have seen the Audient has no Windows 11 drivers so a bit lost with that card also.

Smasha wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:23 am I have seen the Audient has no Windows 11 drivers so a bit lost with that card also.
Afaik signed drivers for Windows 7/8/10 work in Windows 11 as well.
But when in doubt, just ask their tech support:
https://support.audient.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I got the EMU working !!!!!

Don't tell me how.

I think resetting the PC but keeping old settings did the trick but don't quote me on that.

Tried for a few hours .

I also did use the beta updater ,it made me update more files for Windows 11.

And i right mouse clicked the EMU_driver_fix.ps1 and selected Powershell (admin) and it seemed to work this time when it wasn't before hand.

Weird but it now works and I'm leaving the bugger alone now.

Update - thanks to the suggestions from angeloo and others, I've successfully updated to Windows 11 with my 1616m sound card fully functional, including the Patchmix DSP software. I did an in-place update of my existing Windows 10 installation, then rebooted into safe mode, opened the temp file, right clicked on the EMU_Patch_Fix.PS1 file and selected Power Shell. The fix ran without problems in a second.
I then restarted the computer, clicked the PatchMix icon, and everything started properly.
The only difference compared to the Windows 10 setup is that previously the Patchmix software started automatically whereas it now needs to be started manually, but no doubt that won't be hard to fix.

I used ASIO4ALL with my EMU 0404 USB, it worked well (I'd get an occasional crash with the latest driver on Windows 10).

My 1616m's preamps started producing a lot of noise, so I've replaced my audio interface. All other functionality is fine. Rather than throw the thing in the trash, I thought I'd see if someone here could use any of it. Send me a message and we can work something out. I'll toss it if I don't get any bites.

rontronprime wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:43 pm My 1616m's preamps started producing a lot of noise, so I've replaced my audio interface. All other functionality is fine. Rather than throw the thing in the trash, I thought I'd see if someone here could use any of it. Send me a message and we can work something out. I'll toss it if I don't get any bites.
Hi,

I may be interested in acquiring your E-MU 1616m, with the noisy preamps, but am unable to send you a PM. So, first, could you please disclose where are you from?

Best regards,
pedroseq

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”