Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

omac wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:17 am @Norqa
When a framework is used it exports the code of the structures/methods that are used by your plugin, and they become a part of your plugin's executable. A compiled plugin dll is an executable designed to be called by your daw. The framework ceased being a factor when the dll was compiled. There's a common misconception of a plugin dll as being this fully interpreted program with a framework as a layer of abstraction that the daw is constantly accessing while the plugin is being used. It's not.
Certain frameworks operate that way but not all. I seem to remember reading a thread that Sylenth initially faced the same criticisms because Lennar chose the Synthedit wrapper for his gfx? right click on interface and 'made with Synthedit' would popup :)
Not long after he broke away perhaps because he could.
Hard to explain why I have a phobia for Synthedit and Flowstone plugs. :shrug:

I would be highly tempted to purchase Viper if it also breaks away from Flowstone.

My view on that is Viper has been a high-quality one-man gig, and porting might require major or unfeasible effort.
Just think of it as of closest emulation of Virus TI. And Virus has no TI on Mac.
On Mac it's just a Virus
LOL
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Hello, really love this synth, instant virus vibes! I checked out dune and spire both before this, as those are the soft synths I see commonly regarded as virus-esque. I really didn't hear it tho, similar vein or topology? I guess. But I downloaded the Viper demo and the initial patch, first key press... I was immediately transported to my 00s clubbing days lol. Adam, you nailed this one. It has that real thick midrange bite, whereas most of the other modern retro-ish wavetable/VA synths I look at sound thin, even if they do manage that piercing bite similar to the old hardware VA synths. This and JP6K both offer some amazing tones you won't find elsewhere, especially if you have a (for better or worse lol) undying nostalgia for the late 90s/00s hardware VA sound.

My experience with the flowstone developed products seems very contrary to some of the stuff posed in this thread. One instance of Viper is on par cpu usage wise to NI Massive for me (not X), so I consider this beyond acceptable for number crunching performance. As a comparison, an instance of Matt Tytell Vital runs about 2x or 3x higher in cpu usage. So I highly doubt there is any need to be concerned with a Flowstone product causing excessive system stress. Any issues with SynthMaker or Flowstone plugins I've had in the past has always been with GUI lag, glitching, becoming unresponsive (but this was many, many years ago). This is very responsive, no hiccups, has been very stable and solid for me in the short time I've used it so far (but has included several complete projects end to end with multiple instances of Viper).

Just wanted to vouch for it, and hopefully add confidence against any doubts someone might have being on the fence because of the Flowstone development choice. It really is a very good product.

Sorry to interrupt this discussion of frameworks and other somewhat arcane aspects of plugin development. But I am just wondering whether Viper imports Virus TI banks and patches without any workarounds.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Thank you thatonejonguy for the review, Im glad you are enjoying it ;)
Gadget Fiend wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:35 pm Sorry to interrupt this discussion of frameworks and other somewhat arcane aspects of plugin development. But I am just wondering whether Viper imports Virus TI banks and patches without any workarounds.
Viper does not yet import Virus patches, but it is planned for a future update!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Wil there be a BF sale for Viper ?
Simple and repetive are my middle names

There will be a Christmas one ;)

Xmas discount active now! Happy holidays everyone!

Adam, I don't know how others but I am using newest version and have problems with changing the presets if it is doing too fast.
Using Cubase.

From all Virus Synths?

dottor wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:53 pm Adam, I don't know how others but I am using newest version and have problems with changing the presets if it is doing too fast.
Using Cubase.
I am not sure what you mean. When changing presets in cubase fast it crashes? If thats the case, Ive had one or two people have similar issue, I will try my best to find a solution for the next update. In the mean time, please let it load the sound before switching the next preset

Leichenschmaus wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:16 pm
From all Virus Synths?
Hopefully yes

If you ask me don't waste your time with this - it will be more easy for users if you recreate some iconic sound from virus and continue to develop Viper it's own way with new features virus miss,next year will contribute to your amazing synth with my new dynamic technology using Viper primarily .
I guess not all virus presets are unbelievably good so essential virus will be enough to me.
Famous or essential virus presets in a soundbank with next updates will be super,but it's better to develop new options and improve the synth to the future with sound impossible with virus,than to spend a year trying to recreating something which already is in the past:)
Just saying....
Cheers :)

Hey Adam! Some small QoL suggestion - can filter balance have default value (doubleclick) of zero?
I'm proposing that cause it's easy to move the balance all the way down or up to Filter 1 or 2 exclusive, but requires some extra adjustments if want move it to zero.
If that's reasonable, of course.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:12 am Hey Adam! Some small QoL suggestion - can filter balance have default value (doubleclick) of zero?
I'm proposing that cause it's easy to move the balance all the way down or up to Filter 1 or 2 exclusive, but requires some extra adjustments if want move it to zero.
If that's reasonable, of course.
Technically it can, however the default value is also loaded by the initialize function, and an init patch should only go through the first filter and not both in series (when the balance is at 0), so I dont know... :neutral:

Return to “Instruments”