Martinic AX73 v1.4.0 dual-layer synth plugin (AAX/AU/CLAP/VST2/VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AX Bundle AX73

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:27 am I demoed the synth briefly and I like the sounds, but the GUI is just too small and not really readable at all. It's sharp on my system, it's just too tiny.
Maybe you found a bug. It should switch to a 2400 x 1280 HDPI resolution when we detect Retina or 4K. You see if you are in HDPI mode in the About screen.

If this is not a bug and you are in HDPI mode and 2400 x 1280 pixels is too small on your system I think you will have to wait for an update before buying it. It will not be soon.

I just opened up Logic to double check and see what I had and it says AX73 v.1.01 x86-64-HDPI so I guess that I am on the HDPI mode already, but I'm on a 4k monitor, so it still shows up on the tiny side for me, at least according to my preferences.

However, I will still be buying it soon, because I'd like to get it while still at the intro price and I will have hope that new size options will be added in future updates. In the meantime, I can always use the zoom function on my Mac as a temporary work around.

I took a screenshot of how the synth looks on my Logic screen. There is no way that I am able to program that without drastically zooming in first.

https://ibb.co/0Y376kc
Last edited by Synth Master Jedi on Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Out of curiosity, do you have to run the installer again to license the plugin if you've been demoing it for a while?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I bought the synth today and I registered it and installed it.

I also grabbed the extra preset packs for it. I see that they have a .mcoll extension.

I am just making sure how do I add those presets to the synth? Do I find the preset folder and drag and drop manually, or is there a way to add the presets from the synth itself?

pough wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:00 pm Out of curiosity, do you have to run the installer again to license the plugin if you've been demoing it for a while?
Yes, I believe you do, because that's exactly what I just did.

The license key needs to be in the same folder as the installer when you install it.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:49 pm I bought the synth today and I registered it and installed it.

I also grabbed the extra preset packs for it. I see that they have a .mcoll extension.

I am just making sure how do I add those presets to the synth? Do I find the preset folder and drag and drop manually, or is there a way to add the presets from the synth itself?
Have a look at p. 51f. of the manual.

e-musician wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:40 pm Have a look at p. 51f. of the manual.
Ok thanks, will do.

pough wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:00 pm Out of curiosity, do you have to run the installer again to license the plugin if you've been demoing it for a while?
What I did was copy the license file to the ~/Library/Application Support/Martinic folder. If you're on Windows it will be in the equivalent application settings folder (AppData folder).

It would be much easier if you could import the license file from inside the plugin.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:49 pm I bought the synth today and I registered it and installed it.

Go to the preset browser and underneath the search box right click 'import collection'.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:21 am What's wrong with the Xils-lab Syn'X 2?
Forgot about the Xils one. When I demoed some years ago it wasn't my cup of tea.
martinic wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:13 am Did you know Synth guru Wiffen made presets for the original Elka Synthex and for our AX73 Factory presets?
I just checked them out they're all excellent. I'm fan of Nori Ubukata - glad to see he was also involved.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:57 pm Go to the preset browser and underneath the search box right click 'import collection'.
Great, thanks! I just imported both of those preset collections into the synth.

I guess that saved me the hassle of going to the manual, because I'm not even sure where that is. I don't think I've opened a manual since 1985.

Jordan Rudess now also jamming on the AX73 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXFn_0v_BvY

Return to “Instruments”