ArtsAcoustic still alive?

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried to download the latest version of ArtsAcoustic Reverb and CL. The download links are dead. I sent them an email months ago and no reply.

Anyone knows what's going on?

i have unanswered support tickets going back more than 5 years.
They should be removed from the KVR database.

I can still download the products using the links in my purchase emails. You should be able to get fresh details sent via http://artsacoustic.com/support.php

In saying that, I agree completely with sqigls. This company appears to be gone and I too have unanswered emails from years ago. The CL series is awfully buggy, but I still use ArtsAcoustic Reverb today on Windows 10 and it's honestly never missed a beat. Of course, with more OS and DAW updates in a few more years, this may be a different story.

It’s a shame. Their CL compressor tube drive sounds amazing.

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:37 am It’s a shame. Their CL compressor tube drive sounds amazing.
Completely agree, as does the reverb. I own the very best reverbs (Exponential Audio and Relab Development) and STILL I enjoy having ArtsAcoustic Reverb around in my plugin folder. It is a very unique reverb which has an incredibly rich modulation.

regardless of the sonic quality of these plugins...
the compressor and the phaser both cause random extreme denormal noise blasts on both Windows and OSX. The can be VERY dangerous for producer's ears and speakers.
They can also cause instant BSOD-esque instant crashes on both operating systems when loading an instance of either.
The reverb might be fine, never had an incident with it, but i'm too scared to include ANY of them in my projects.
They can't even update my email address, nor send me my serials.
Several support tickets over at LEAST 5 years from various emails, all ignored.

Crysonic earned a warning sticky. ArtsAcoustic gets what? Continued support from KVR.
It's disconcerting.

Agreed. BigRock and CL are indeed extremely dangerous to use. I can confirm with certainty that the Reverb is OK though. I have used it extensively on both macOS and Windows with no issues for well over a decade.

I have had contact with AA dev Alexander, few times in the past years. Sometimes the email replies took some time, but they are there and offer support. AA is still in business, and hopefully we'll see a new product someday.

zeep wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:51 pm I have had contact with AA dev Alexander, few times in the past years. Sometimes the email replies took some time, but they are there and offer support. AA is still in business, and hopefully we'll see a new product someday.
I truly hope so, though I'm not sure how easy it will be to build trust again after all these years of silence and the state of some of their projects. I certainly would be interested in anything to do with ArtsAcoustic Reverb though, and any other reverbs they come out with.

I'd be so happy if I could get my CL compressors on latest Mac OS. I guess I'll email them about it.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Luckily, my favorite phaser Big Rock still most of the times works on Catalina for me. I'm afraid with the new Apple-Silicon-based Macs it's finally EOL though…

The fact that this forum has like 25 stickied threads and they're all from like 2009 is hilarious. Probably sad for people that bought the software though.

Has somebofy in the meantime some experience if the AA stuff is working on the M1 Macs?

4damind wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:05 pm Has somebofy in the meantime some experience if the AA stuff is working on the M1 Macs?
yes

...i confirm luckily, using AAR on my M1 minimac flawlessly

Nice

Return to “Arts Acoustic”