Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:53 am no time for this, if you have a feature request, mail us :wink:
Nah, you already said that a module that let's you adjust start and end times on samples and loop them on repeat shouldn't have a crossfade because adding a crossfade requires too much CPU, which sounds like bad software design to me. Apparently you think it should just click and pop on every loop repeat. Doesn't make any, sense but it's not my synth. I already made a request which you saw in this thread, I'm not emailing anything. I'll just keep asking if it's fixed when updates happen, and if it's not, I'll just complain about your synth whenever it gets mentioned on various parts of the internet.

If you have any issues with that, mail me :wink:

If you have any issues with that, mail me
I dont.
which sounds like bad software design to me
its not bad software design, its just physics. The multiloop module is a module which uses timestretch (high quality zplane in realtime). If you crossfade 2 of them, you have 2times the cpu. You can combine 8 OSC tabs of them theoretically, which could bring some CPUs to their limit already -without crossfade. (With crossfade it would be 16). What we will check are better fade/in out times, but without crossfading 2 at the same time.
which you saw in this thread
I get something like 100 conversations, requests, questions each day. Pardon me if I dont remember one single in a 800 pages thread

Just tried to install this on my computer because I was interested in the new Cinematic Grand expansion. I hadn't bothered re-installing it since my last computer change because of all the copy protection hassles.

It really is a shocking experience, filled with servers that respond maybe 25% of the time, coupled with confusing instructions that don't make sense or don't correspond to observable reality. For example, at the latest stage, Avenger in the DAW tells me there are no licences installed for this computer, go to vps-avenger.com and follow the instructions there. These tell me to run VManager and click "Activate Licenses" in the top right corner. Except there is no "Activate Licenses" in the top right corner.

Not sure whether I'll go on trying to install it or just give up. Either way, it's an utter travesty. And I had bought 11 expansions previously.

cantaro wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:34 pm Hi there !

A sent an email to the vps support and got an answer within 5 minutes (!!) - never experienced such a fast support ;)

I only had to add an exception to the active protection. But only to add the avengers programms and dll didn't help. Then i put my daw to the list of trusted programs for the exception and that worked ! I think the daw handles all the vsti actions and so it works with this exception.
In detail: Active protection blocks or slows down the scanning of the presets of avenger and that is why it takes so much time to start up.

Again, this support was fantastic - 5 mintues - still can't believe this ;)
I think you shouldn't add applications to antivirus exceptions, because we cannot control what this implies (loaded vst white-listed, daw launching a browser update white-listed, daw web update hacked, etc...)
Instead one safely white-list data folders : are you sure you tried before to add the avenger preset folders and avenger expansion banks folder to the exceptions list ?

I didn't add it to my antivirus. Acronis is a backup-software. It has a built in "cybersecurity". This will prevent other software to have access to the backupfiles. So if for example a cryptovirus will capture your computer it can't encrypt the backup-files (you should still have a copy of your backups on an external HD to be safe).
For any reason acronis don't trust avenger and watches all of its actions - that will slow down the scans of the preset-folder of avenger ...
I tried to put the folder and the avenger dll to the list but that doesn't work.
So i don't worry about putting the daw to the list of acronis because my antivirus suite still checks everything (like windows sysfiles etc.).
And the backupfiles are still safe because they are only allowed to change by the acronis-software. Even a corrupted daw or avenger dll will have no access to the backups.

Hew, ok, didn't event know such functions existed. Thank for the detailed explanations.

The popular sounds of the 80s for the VPS Avenger are entering the second round. More than 130 presets are available again in this offer to bring a touch of nostalgia into your studio. The sounds are also ideal for new Synthwave or Popmusic productions. Analog sounding basses, synths, pads and even drums will enrich your productions.

https://youtu.be/y7jeTDsHoW0
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

You are a very clever programmer Demuvi :)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Demuvi wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:44 pm The popular sounds of the 80s for the VPS Avenger are entering the second round. More than 130 presets are available again in this offer to bring a touch of nostalgia into your studio. The sounds are also ideal for new Synthwave or Popmusic productions. Analog sounding basses, synths, pads and even drums will enrich your productions.

Not the sound I’m after, but that’s absolutely amazing.
You’re not only showing your skills, but also the potential of this amazing synth. Keep up the good work !
I will buy it soon or late ! :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Message for the Vengeance Team (yes I know what you think, I respect that, I’m simply saying what’s in my mind) : please allow us to choose between Codemeter and the eLicencer for the Avenger protection.
Your plugins always used the eLicenser protection before.
You’re in the middle of a sh!tstorm because of this. Please think about this option.
Avenger is my main synth, I can’t work without, Codemeter is working flawlessly for me. But when I see people working on new soundbanks for it, I can’t help thinking that things could be more than huge around your product if the copy protection was less hated...
You just do what you want and I’ll accept it as long as it’s working.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Demuvi wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:44 pm The popular sounds of the 80s for the VPS Avenger are entering the second round. More than 130 presets are available again in this offer to bring a touch of nostalgia into your studio. The sounds are also ideal for new Synthwave or Popmusic productions. Analog sounding basses, synths, pads and even drums will enrich your productions.

Oh man, you're evil, now I have to buy this one as well! :P

Damn, Eyes Without a Face is really authentic! Well, the others' too! Great job!
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 pm

Oh man, you're evil, now I have to buy this one as well! :P

Damn, Eyes Without a Face is really authentic! Well, the others' too! Great job!
Hehehe.. Thanks ! :-) Was once again a huge amount of work. Enjoy. :tu: :party:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

What big things did I miss in this thread 1 year back?
Too much to scramble thru!

News about Avenger 1.8 or 2 ? Other interesting things ?

Not info about already released updates pls.

THANKS!

Another thing that came to mind after reading this thread all the previous years is that there was so little talk about sound design? I mean, I think avenger has the deepest ability to sculpture sound then in any other synth. I've found many new ways to create new results and jet I haven't heard a single comment about this? What strikes me is that I rarely see unconventional ways in the factory presets? Its usually done the normal way. By now, we must have found many new ways, right?

1.8 is on the way, and it will contain M1 compability and some surprises

Return to “Instruments”