Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

SLiC wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:37 pm I just noticed that if you buy any packs you cant sell/transfer them separately but they can be sold if you sell OMNI 2 as they transfer with it (so you have to sell OMNOI + extensions as once bundle)
That is terrible news

The whole thing was worth watching just to get inspired for sound design when the nasa dude demonstrated the seismic effects, I thought they were quite cool. Funny how he sells the 'Animate' feature on the reverb as revolutionary but we all know what that is and how to do it anyway. Nothing that you couldn't do with Guitar Rig or Soundtoys etc, or just your DAW if ya route it up.

Eric is wearing a coat underneath his blazer by a fireplace. This just confirms he's the devil's son. It's like on Little Nicky when all of devil's sons are bundled up in coats and standing on pizzas.

JiggSaw wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:42 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:37 pm I just noticed that if you buy any packs you cant sell/transfer them separately but they can be sold if you sell OMNI 2 as they transfer with it (so you have to sell OMNOI + extensions as once bundle)
That is terrible news
Indeed. Just came to mention that it is worth reading all the FAQs, especially the license transfer ones.

https://www.sonicextensions.com/faq/

After all this excitement, we get expansions priced at $149. Meh. I mean they sound great (listening to some demos), but it quickly gets quite expensive with such preset packs.

Good to see Omnisphere getting an update though. Hopefully the browser will be less lag-y.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sample packs wrapped in a new gui ,
:lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I've got Omni 1 running on my M1. Don't need anything else, really.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

This is good news (was hoping for a major update, oh well...) but I think it would have been better if the extensions didn't require Omnisphere. Sort of like how UVI has many sampled synths you can use in Falcon (if you have it), but Falcon isn't a requirement to use them. The free UVI Workstation is available for that.
Last edited by Examigan on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:34 pm
Buckster wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:30 pm all changes listed here

https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/ ... /index.php
I've read that. But where is this new multi-sample engine? Or was that a joke?
That page seems to list all new features since version 2.

Here is what is new in v2.8:

Sonic Extensions compatibility
New Arpeggiator features:
- New “Strum” step modifiers simulate guitar strumming. Specially featured in the “Nylon Sky” Sonic Extension, these modifiers can be used in any patch in Omnisphere
- New "Humanity" knob controls the amount of randomization applied to individual note start times
- New "Dynamics" knob controls the amount of randomization applied to individual note velocities
New Modulation Targets: Arp Humanity and Arp Life
Adds value-snapping detents for the Envelope ADR parameters on the Layer Pages and Custom Controls. Detents are only added when the Envelopes are host-synced. Holding down Shift while dragging the ADR controls allows continuous value adjustments
Fixes issue where the Harmonia Mix parameter value could be wrong after loading a patch
Fixes issue in Shared Signal Path mode where disabling Layer A could create clicking noises in audio from Layers B-D
Fixes zippering artifacts for the Aux Return parameter on the Part Effect Racks
Fixes issue where simultaneously changing the Soundsource "Reverse" parameter for 2 or more layers could cause loading failures
Fixes issue in Shared Signal Path mode where disabling Layer A caused the Ring Mod effect to sound incorrect on Layers B/C/D
Fixes issue where Key Tracking and other sources would not work when Solo mode is On
Fixes issue where Filter Key Tracking in Solo mode did not handle release events properly
Fixes issue where changing the Master Filter cutoff and resonance simultaneously could corrupt the audio output
Fixes issue where the Master Filter was adding audible lowpass filtering at host sample rates above 44.1kHz
Fixes issue where LFO rate was incorrect after changing the sample rate
Fixes issue where envelope parameter data was loaded incorrectly for some patches
Fixes issue in Arpeggiator where Step Dividers, in conjunction with Chord mode, did not play properly
Fixes issues with Arpeggiator preset menu
Fixes crash in Live Mode pane that could occur when rearranging Parts
Fixes crash that could occur when a Soundsource started playing for the first time
Fixes Patch Browser synchronization issue where the Category filter could be incorrectly reset to "All" while changing patches
Fixes issue in Browsers where exiting Sound Match mode did not return to correct prior patch library
Fixes issue where the wrong Mini-Browser could sometimes be shown after closing the full multi-browser
Fixes issue where Browser’s rating stars could be overwritten by “MIDI Learn” text sometimes
Fixes issue where switching patches could cause audio glitches
Fixes issue where arrow steppers on mini browser pane could step thru patches when mini multi browser was displayed
Fixes issue where note timing adjustments made to the Trigger Mode setting were incorrectly scaled by the Clock Speed parameter
Fixes issue where setting polyphony (# voices) to 64 could cause the plugin to stop responding to Note On events
Fixes issue where modulation highlight graphics for GUI controls did not always get reset after a patch load
VST3: Fixes issue where "Enter Value" feature for manually typing in automation values did not work
VST3: Fixes issue where host automation values changed after closing/opening the GUI
VST3: Fixes issue where VST3 Hosts added a resizing handle to the VST3 plugin GUI
VST3: Fixes issue where changing the Clock Speed parameter did not work properly
Mac Only: Fixes issue where modulation highlight images were not getting drawn for some knob-style controls
Windows Only: Fixes graphics rendering issues for images displayed on the Custom Pane
Windows Only: Omnisphere Standalone app updated to v1.1.0d. Resolves Windows system DLL loading issue

I kind of feel this would have created more excitement if they didn’t hype it up that much. Looks and sounds cool, but that’s not quite worthy of the excitement they tried to build.

Examigan wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:57 pm This is good news (was hoping for a major update, oh well...) but I think it would have been better if the extensions didn't require Omnisphere. Sort of like how UVI has many sampled synths you can use in Falcon (if you have it), but Falcon isn't a requirement to use them. The free UVI Workstation is available for that.
Agree, especially when the extensions are priced at $149.

flori89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:01 pm I kind of feel this would have created more excitement if they didn’t hype it up that much. Looks and sounds cool, but that’s not quite worthy of the excitement they tried to build.
I dunno. I thought so at first but I am starting to come around to it but for three expansions for $320 for 20GB of content, I am having second thoughts. I'm also curious if these new effects will be featured in Omnisphere 3.

After watching the video I must admit that those expansion packs sounds great (as usual for Spectrasonics). I'm planning to buy Omnisphere as a Christmas gift (not for myself but I'll be able to use it anyway ;) ) and I kinda dig the sound of that acoustic guitar patch.
I'm curious if Omnisphere allows Keyswitches. If they would come with Orchestral sample library, I would be happy to quit archaic Kontakt (which will become obsolete within a few years) and especially those new buggy-halfbaked-failure-vst plugins made by Spitfire and other sample library developers. But the price would be most likely Spitfire x 3 :D

hoxclab wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:45 pm Eric is wearing a coat underneath his blazer by a fireplace. This just confirms he's the devil's son. It's like on Little Nicky when all of devil's sons are bundled up in coats and standing on pizzas.
Lol. Dudes with blazer on their coat, or with blazer on hoody mean serious business though.

i already have great libs in kontakt, so this seems to be less interesting to me.

Return to “Instruments”