Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

Well, this has given me a much needed laugh...

disappointed...good quality but for 149$ :evil:...

Ya I'm surprised. I'm sure the content is amazing but it kind of reminds me of NI; Slowing on the innovation and instead releasing expansion content.
I'm excited to try the Omni updates tho.. are there new presets that take advantage of the changes?

First of all, I was KINDA RIGHT! New series of expansions based round themes. Go me. But wrong on having it as player libraries too. And wrong on one being themed round horror. But apart from that...

Been through 2 videos so far, Undercurrent and Nylon Sky. Looks and sounds pretty bloody great to me. I like that it's got custom controls to radically change things, but you can still dive in and tweak anything in Omni itself. And of course there's the effects and soundsources.

As I was involved in developing Omnitag, I'm keen to find out how the new Scenes work with regard to tagging - since they vary from arp to bass to pad, it's hard to know how the tagging system will work with these. I'll get back to you on that.

If they were priced at $99 they'd fly. As it is, it's priced just beyond the temptation point for many. I don't think $149 is unreasonable given how much is in it, but there we go.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I'm really excited about Nylon Sky and Unclean machine.
Last edited by Hellfog on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

so i wonder if you buy all 4 you get 30% off but it should stack in futue ;D cause if you get now 3 you get 30% off, if you buy it doesnt change.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'm highly skeptical of Eric. These "new features" and "scenes" are very confusing to people and when they use sounds to conflate with scenes it's even more egregious. How many of these scenes are even useable? I heard some and they sounded very far out. Would someone chime in that has bought these extensions and give us an update to how many scenes are useable per patch approximately?

Expansions are fine. Not really worth the hype though.

And I think adding effects or features to soundpacks is a bad idea.

"There's never been anything like this" - Well except Kontakt and UVI and Halion etc etc...

Was there a lot of hype? I only really noticed it being discussed here!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

hm, that would be another cool thing, if these could work without omnisphere. they could do a simple "omni player" version for those who dont have the full omni...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:39 pm Expansions are fine. Not really worth the hype though.
"There's never been anything like this" - Well except Kontakt and UVI and Halion etc etc...
Or the LA elitist price.
Anything more than $49.00 per expansion is hubris IMO.

In other news, Sample Fuel is running their bundle upgrade for HALion Expansion emails again.

https://www.samplefuel.com/
Last edited by BBFG# on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:39 pm Expansions are fine. Not really worth the hype though.

And I think adding effects or features to soundpacks is a bad idea.

yes, falcon for example can have custom gui/knobs etc, scenes etc. are just macros nothing more.

they hyped it a bit too much, well who doesnt..., thesee are high class XPs but thats it. not gamebreaking. great if you wanna spend more money for new sounds, effects etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Nice sounds and new effects. Price of admission is always steeper for Spectrasonics, but I've never been disappointed by the value I get once I pay the price.

So Omnisphere 2.8 is high dpi? I thought it already had hi-res resizing. What's new about that?

I want Unclean Channel and Unclean Verb for Stylus RMX :cry:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Instruments”