Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

I tried to watch the videos. 90% yammering and 10% plinks and plonks... :roll:

I guess I'll have to wait for third-party demos.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I personally would have made an Omnisphere 'player' instrument. Cut down functionality but with these expansions capable of performing without Omni full. I'm sure they're incredible instruments in their own right given the DNA. A little like Kontakt but without opening the instrument up to third party creators.

It'd have given them more of a worth-the-price cachet, a standalone/premium 'mini Omnisphere' feel, and might have encouraged non-Omni users to upgrade in time. The full Omni owners could benefit from Creative patches and the integration with the other Omni content.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

When they said they have "big news" i was thinking they are going to fix some bugs that i emailed them about 3 years ago and then again 1 year ago as they said they work on it. Maybe with 2.9 in 2022 or 3.0 in 2023, with 3.0 they can even just leave the bugs in Omnisphere 2 and save some time :hihi:
(for anyone wondering what bugs i mean : apart from the slow GUI in many areas(env editor e.g), mainly its about the Pro-reverb which glitches the audio in certain circumstances, and they even know that its buggy. Since i use that reverb in all my patches, most of them are useless by now)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:17 pm So Omnisphere 2.8 is high dpi? I thought it already had hi-res resizing. What's new about that?
I meant to reply to this - AFAIK there's no change in 2.8 for this. It's confusingly listed on the product page to suggest it's a new feature in 2.8 but it isn't. Same for Hardware Integration.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Is the install the same as 3rd party, the .omnisphere file?

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:06 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:17 pm So Omnisphere 2.8 is high dpi? I thought it already had hi-res resizing. What's new about that?
I meant to reply to this - AFAIK there's no change in 2.8 for this. It's confusingly listed on the product page to suggest it's a new feature in 2.8 but it isn't. Same for Hardware Integration.
Ok thanks. I don't have Omni installed right now because only my surface pro has music stuff right now and not enough space for the library. And Spectrasonics in their infinite wisdom and helpfulness, do not allow you to use omnisphere without the full library installed. Even though I own it and would like to use a few of the smaller library and synthesis features.

“It’s so exciting! We’re doing what almost every other software developer has been doing forever!”
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:44 pm “It’s so exciting! We’re doing what almost every other software developer has been doing forever!”
Including themselves (see Trilian).

simmo75 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:26 pm Is the install the same as 3rd party, the .omnisphere file?
No, there's installers for each library. .omnisphere is just for patches and soundsources, these have a whole lot more going on.

Download was quick and easy for me - there's a simple download manager that did it all, then (in Windows) I ran the exe for each.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:43 pmOk thanks. I don't have Omni installed right now because only my surface pro has music stuff right now and not enough space for the library. And Spectrasonics in their infinite wisdom and helpfulness, do not allow you to use omnisphere without the full library installed. Even though I own it and would like to use a few of the smaller library and synthesis features.
Bummer. If you had another drive you could use symbiotic links to put the content somewhere else, but if you're maxed out on a single internal drive there's not a lot of options.

On my 2015 MBP I use a permanently installed MicroSD card to put a lot of less important stuff on. You haven't been able to do that on any MBP since, until yesterday funnily enough.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

They all sound great. I like Unclean Machine the most. It's just more my thing. Still, It's so unique and pristine sounding that I can't see myself using it so far. Modern "lo-fi" I guess? Even the noises are so well record/sampled. At least from what I've heard so far. Too much talking and the guest music didn't do anything positive for me.

Guess I'll wait for more demos. Still curious.
-JH

I'm confused.

symbiotic links!
oh snap

Ah, interesting announcement. None of those fall into categories I use directly, but I am pretty intrigued by "Undercurrent" and "Seismic Shock." I may be able to find some use for these. The price isn't too unexpected to me. I was kind of hoping the scenes feature would get added to base Omnisphere, but it appears to be expansion only. I am quite interested in the new effects.

I will have to go through the videos again, I was scanning them and working at the same time.

psynical wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:14 pm
hoxclab wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:34 pm These "new features" and "scenes" are very confusing to people
Confusing to you doesn't mean confusing for everyone else.
collider wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:49 pm I'm confused.
OH RLY?

Return to “Instruments”