Vast Dynamics Vaporizer2: why isn't it more popular?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vaporizer2

crickey13 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:21 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:22 am Maybe it has so many bugs that you stop using it and even didn’t bother to report and then simply forgot about it... (my case...; - )
So you're saying it is or used to be buggy?
to my knowledge it ain't a buggy plugin, and bugfixes are always quick. windows 10, by the way. also for mac. at this moment 3.14 works unproblematic.
report in the right thread, or to the developer. and fixed.

it can be system specific problem, my OB-Xa (arturia) crashes cubase pro 11, i am the only one, but arturia really tries to help, a lot..

always try the demo, discover it for yourself. the demo has no real limitations, only time out or something??

the GUI i must agree, you must learn, but it isn't melda, but that i also like... learned to like..
but in the end all is very logical.

EDIT: i do you use Vaporizer 2, with great pleasure, and my go to wavetable synth. stable. MPE is great (how release velocity is implemented..). always personal of course, what you like, but i wouldn't trade it for ... also personal..

so discover it for yourself, as always. was it buggy? a lot has changed, even the basics of the oscillators, anti-aliased by definiton, by the way, as other wavetable synths that use FFT/additive.

a lot of bugs are squashed, but some where quite esotoric..

o well, i must admit, i am quite into vaporizer 2, and the responsiveness of the developer is great, a lot of FR (MPE..) where implemented, while at this moment, the response time is somewhat slower..

i like to support developers that make a great product, are willing to change, even fundamental things, for the users. implement a lot.

but that is my personal experience. it is up to everyone themselves, of course, it is evident, to judge is this plugin the synth that get's me going.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:22 pm
WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:15 pm
the wavetable synth arena is crowded. i managed to collect also quite a number, without really looking for wavetable synths.. (in contrast for what i did for granular, and additive synths.. and still do..).

i like Pigments 2 and Vital for their own character for instance. not specially because they can do wavetables... [edit;] or Massive X or even Waves Codex..

(i bought The Mangle, even it was abandoned... on a sidenote, i wanted to have them all, of course i don't have them all.. but still..)

fill your slots and let's roll!
I have and use Hive, Icarus and Vital... Bitwig also has wavetable capability which I use too.

I like the GUI of Pigments. Maybe I'll buy it someday. No hurry as I have all the synths I need.
hive, icarus, vital, yes, nice! bitwig has some great things for the wavetable module, i like to work with it in the poly grid, real phase modulation. etc.

I understand that, I just wanted to know what Tj Shredder meant, I prefer when people express themselves in clear terms.

crickey13 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:21 am So you're saying it is or used to be buggy?
Well I couldn’t get MPE working properly. I got all kinds of strange pitch jumps and though I could tell it to override the MPE settings of presets, each preset (100%) had a default MPE pitch bend of 1 semitone... (MPE default is 48)...
Last edited by Tj Shredder on Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All right, makes sense, thanks for the clarification. Maybe you should've let the dev know about it, he seems responsive enough and I'm sure he would appreciate the feedback. Still, maybe he's going to read the thread at some point and try to address the issue and include the bug fixes in the next update, so that's something. I don't have an MPE controller, so it's not such a big issue for me anyway.

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:20 pm Well I couldn’t get MPE working properly. I got all kinds of strange pitch jumps and though I could tell it to override the MPE settings of presets, each preset (100%) had a default MPE pitch bend of 1 semitone... (MPE default is 48)...
MPE works properly in my case. pitch bend range, MPE, can be set per preset. works fine in my case. o i am repeating. (roli, by the case as MPE, but you have more.. and know more about MPE..).
you can set it to 48...

i am afraid, i am bit responsible, for the preset choice, for setting pitch bend, and MPE.. so within the preset..

o well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKRth7aCTD4

Since Vital coming out Vaporizer needs heavy UX interface upgrade to compete vith Vital in usability. Don't use it only for UX reason. Synth have great sound, but... Vital UX much more user-friendly.

I was always a fan of Limeflavour and Satyatunes work for plugin displays. The look of Vaporizer is not bad really, but it would be cool if an alternate skin was designed by one of them. Another one I like is called Apox in Sylenth1 that looks nice.

Looks like a very accomplished Synth, and like a lot of Synth's out there it could do with a facelift.
It also needs a critical mass of users to propel it to the next level.

a new version has been released:

https://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=vaporizer2_318

Vaporizer 2 has it is own logical GUI. why must all be the same? i like Vital also.
of course a GUI must suit you. and nothing wrong to compare of course.
and always room for improvement. of course..

well, a new version! and perhaps... more to come...

at that price it should be more popular.. sound good

SoulState wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:37 pm Since Vital coming out Vaporizer needs heavy UX interface upgrade to compete vith Vital in usability. Don't use it only for UX reason. Synth have great sound, but... Vital UX much more user-friendly.
Yes, Vaporizer obviously needs a crappy, 'flat' and 'modern' interface where it's impossible to tell what is and isn't clickable, until you've moused over every single part of the interface, and then have to memorise the position of each clickable object... LOL.

I'm talking about UX, not UI, it's different things.

I’ve noticed that some of the parameters, when automated, sound kinda steppy instead of smooth, while demoing this.

Maybe somebody can help me out here. I tried the demo. Not bad, but when I tried to create a pad, the end gets clipped, and the sound goes back to the beginning. I can't get a long, continuous pad. They do have pad preset pads that play without this awkward loop, so what am I doing wrong?
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Return to “Instruments”