Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yesterday 19:00 I paid (with paypal) to atkra for Keyscape. No pm response yet. Maybe he just sleeps/busy, but that's several hours passed...

MegaPixel wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:22 am Thief alert:

…edited…

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=571444&p=8241212#p8241212
did you get the product or not? if you did, it’s a bit rough calling them a thief and publishing their email for spammers to pick up.

Beware of the stolen licenses! Recently a mate has contacted me (to whom I sold Komplete 11 Ultimate several months ago) and told me that NI has returned this "stolen" license to its original owner!

I bought it early April from dmoneygame2020 (banned) and due to other thread that some users reported him/her as scammer, I checked with NI that time and they told me "It seems legit" and there is nothing to be worried about. Anyway, I provided the buyer (I sold it to him on June) of my email exchange with NI support and he tried his best to show NI, but NI support told him that there wasn't a report of the stolen license that time (it is not their fault, but they should be more human because it is clear that me and the buyer were victims).
We tried to divide the loss between us and we did find a solution that we agreed on (thanks for the understanding of the buyer and his wisdom as well, me too! 8) )

PayPal refused the dispute immediately because it is older than 180 days. So, in short:

Buy from someone that has a positive history because it is not enough to buy with business option or checking with the companies support as I showed. It might take several months before the stolen license been discovered.

others also shared their experiences.
atkra looks like a scam, thief...
I ask the admins to lock him and his fs topic.

dune_rave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:36 am Yesterday 19:00 I paid (with paypal) to atkra for Keyscape. No pm response yet. Maybe he just sleeps/busy, but that's several hours passed...

dune_rave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:13 am others also shared their experiences.

dune_rave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:36 am Yesterday 19:00 I paid (with paypal) to atkra for Keyscape. No pm response yet. Maybe he just sleeps/busy, but that's several hours passed...
I had a busy day, with a death in the family. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. For the record, you messaged me way earlier in the day asking if it was available. Then said you'd pay me in 10 hours. During that time someone else bought it. You then went ahead and sent payment without checking first. In any case, I just refunded you. So again I apologize for the inconvenience. I have had plenty of fine transactions recently, I'm not here to "scam" anyone.

Ok. waiting for refund.

Refund was issued, did you not get notified? Please check your PayPal.

atkra wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 am

I had a busy day, with a death in the family. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. For the record, you messaged me way earlier in the day asking if it was available. Then said you'd pay me in 10 hours. During that time someone else bought it. You then went ahead and sent payment without checking first. In any case, I just refunded you. So again I apologize for the inconvenience. I have had plenty of fine transactions recently, I'm not here to "scam" anyone.
i bought keyscape from atkra as well,,,seems like not honest seller
please refund immediately in full

atkra wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 am

If that's the case, then I do understand and feel sorry for your loss.
But to make things clear, it's always suggested that you keep your post up to date, mentioning you sold which plugin to whom.
I've also paid for keyscape and I haven't received any communication either.
Requesting for clarification.

atkra wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 am Refund was issued, did you not get notified? Please check your PayPal.
a refund with pending status appeared at my pp account. (i think its pending, because i didnt use paypal balance, so they transfer the amount back to my bank and that takes time)

So at paypal level, i suppose its ok. i have to check my bank later, if the amount came back.

dune_rave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:21 am
atkra wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 am Refund was issued, did you not get notified? Please check your PayPal.
a refund with pending status appeared at my pp account. (i think its pending, because i didnt use paypal balance, so they transfer the amount back to my bank and that takes time)
same for me as well, paypal is pending status, waiting for money to be cleared
found some nfo at facebook sales group about him, seems like people been refunded by e-check and waiting for refund several weeks (up to 8 weeks)

atkra wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 am For the record, you messaged me way earlier in the day asking if it was available. Then said you'd pay me in 10 hours. During that time someone else bought it. You then went ahead and sent payment without checking first.
If you've already given out a payment method to someone, then it's your responsibility to tell them if you sell it to someone else in the meantime.
If they don't hear back from you prior to paying, they have no reason to think it's not available.

I am not sure how this refund will happen.
But my understanding is Paypal always sends an e-mail, whenever you are getting refunded.
Isn't that right ?

I found this article -
https://www.paypal.com/gi/smarthelp/art ... ng-faq1335
It says :
We start to process your refund as soon as the seller sends the refund to you. A pending refund usually means the seller is sending the payment directly from their bank account - depending on the banks involved, it can take up to 7 business days for a refund to be deposited to your PayPal account. Your money will be available when the payment status changes from “pending’ to ‘completed.’ If the payment fails, the transaction status will change from ‘pending’ to canceled’ and the amount will not be credited.

I don't understand! Why did he sell the same package for more than one person?!

I hope it will be resolved and you guys get your money!

@spacewiz: Don't jump into buying so quickly! Personally, after what happened to us, I won't buy anything from the 2nd hand market for some time!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”