Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EnGee wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:00 pm I don't understand! Why did he sell the same package for more than one person?!

I hope it will be resolved and you guys get your money!

@spacewiz: Don't jump into buying so quickly! Personally, after what happened to us, I won't buy anything from the 2nd hand market for some time!
Agree 100%
Temptation of low price is really bad thing.

I've also bought Keyscape from atkra. Paid yesterday (more than 24 hours ago), sent few messages no response yet...

I’ve put money in his pocket and not had a response since yesterday morning. Read my messages and not responded.

went through his history and he seemed legit. If it is a family emergency, let me know, give a time frame you can work with.

Think it’s coming up 2 days since I parted with cash.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:51 am
MegaPixel wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:22 am Thief alert:

…edited…

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=571444&p=8241212#p8241212
did you get the product or not? if you did, it’s a bit rough calling them a thief and publishing their email for spammers to pick up.
Read the thread... Should answer all your questions...

When someone doesn't process a transfer in 10 days, then beats around the bush, then states they are in hospital but yet can answer emails, process responses on the forum but yet can't transfer the licence, alarm bells tend to ring.

Rough to call someone a thief when they are not? Yes, I F*** agree with you... But if your being F**** around for over 10 days on a transfer, with false time promises and then left hanging with no response... I don't care what you think, I'm going to assume the worst. I stated this in a message to them and had no reply for multiple days....

I have adjusted my posts accordingly, I think that is reasonable...
Web Developer by day, DAW tinkerer by night...

MegaPixel wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:24 pm
gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:51 am
MegaPixel wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:22 am Thief alert:

…edited…

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=571444&p=8241212#p8241212
did you get the product or not? if you did, it’s a bit rough calling them a thief and publishing their email for spammers to pick up.
Read the thread... Should answer all your questions...

When someone doesn't process a transfer in 10 days, then beats around the bush, then states they are in hospital but yet can answer emails, process responses on the forum but yet can't transfer the licence, alarm bells tend to ring.

Rough to call someone a thief when they are not? Yes, I F*** agree with you... But if your being F**** around for over 10 days on a transfer, with false time promises and then left hanging with no response... I don't care what you think, I'm going to assume the worst. I stated this in a message to them and had no reply for multiple days....

I have adjusted my posts accordingly, I think that is reasonable...
I have no idea about this person but if you had ever been in hospital and quite ill or recovering from surgery you would know it is possible to answer some emails, not others, maybe go on forum for a bit, forget other more important shit, not want to use online banking because of security and so on. Put another way - you might be erratic in what you can do.

spoken to paypal support they advised if refunds will not go to status completed and will be cancelled we shall make a report to them through resolution center for investigation.

deejay2 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:34 am spoken to paypal support they advised if refunds will not go to status completed and will be cancelled we shall make a report to them through resolution center for investigation.
Any idea that for how many days, ideally the refund will take ?
a week or two ?

spacewiz wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:10 am
deejay2 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:34 am spoken to paypal support they advised if refunds will not go to status completed and will be cancelled we shall make a report to them through resolution center for investigation.
Any idea that for how many days, ideally the refund will take ?
a week or two ?
3-5 business days as per support, if seller will not have money on account it will go to cancelled and you have have to make a claim through paypal>click report a problem, resolution support.
hope it helps

I bought the Fabfilter bundle from Atkra but haven't had a response since Tuesday. Put the same thing on his listing but thought best post here as well - contacted Paypal to see if they can get my money back.

I've paid one week ago to atkra for Keyscape. Send few messages over the week, no response. I found out there are at least two other people that paid for the same Keyscape license. So I've requested a refund from paypal.

The more people that request a refund, the more obvious it will be to PP that the seller is a scammer.

there was quit few people paying him for keyscape but refund still pending and may not be completed thats the problem, then you have to ask PP to step in, hope no one used Friends+Family but paid for service then you will be covered but may take a month to get money back in that case.

pending refund since oct21 - i hope this will be ok. When this will be over, i think i will walk in a local distributor shop and buy keyscape full price

---
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I also bought Keyscape from that user. Today the refund on PP came through.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”