BeatSkillz - That Thing plugin - issue resolved

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Update: Got refunded by JRRshop. Actually, BeatSkillz offered to have JRR refund me after numerous posts on their YouTube promotion page for ThatThing.

Yes, Eric is taking care of this. I'll update this discussion and the YouTube posts to reflect the update like I promised BeatSkillz.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Mathematics wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:17 am Issue resolved with a refund.
I'm fine with that.
I'm leaving this post just for context.
BeatSkillz did reply back offering a refund.
Thanks BeatSkillz and thank you JRRshop (Eric)...sorry you were caught up in this mess.

Original Post:

That Thing is starting to become This Problem. Anyone pick this up on the current promo for $9?

If so, are you having trouble trying to authorize it? I am. I've tried to authorize it in Live, PT, and DP. I tried contacting BS with no such luck. Their advice was to make sure there were no spaces after the serial. (mumble) :roll:

I posted the same issue on their YouTube channel promoting ThatThing and stated their response of no spaces and guess what their response was? You guessed it "do not put spaces after the serial."

Seriously...are they even reading complete sentences?! Either they're using Google Translate...oh wait, Google Translate works. No, they're not caring for the few incompatibilities that exist. Just be warned...BeatSkillz (BS) customer service is below average. I think we may have another Crysonic in the midst here guys. I have two open cases over the course of three days and only one reply from them. These were on weekdays...I'm not counting this weekend just for fairness.

Anyway. Anyone with a similar issue?

Here's a screenshot of what I see.
Good to see your honest reply here, Our Customer support is up to the mark. There are things that are beyond our control, where we can't fix it or come up with a solution. Since we are not facing the issue on our system, it is impossible for us to replicate the same issue on our side, and come up with the solution for it. However, Its good to see you got your refund, You might want to give another try, feel free to write us at support@beatskillz.com

mgw38 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 am Had a similar problem. I am on a Mac and the VST version would crash Ableton and get blacklisted. From the way Ableton behaved it seemed to me that there is a bug in the authorization procedure, but that is really only a guess from my end.

I eventually managed to authorize it by removing the VST before Ableton could scan it and authorize the Audio Unit version of the plugin and then move the VST back into the plugin folder.

BS support (love that, btw) was not really helpful and to to be perfectly honest, from the way they responded I did not get a sense that they knew what they were talking about.
Feel free to contact us again, we will be happy to support. That Things registration works flawlessly.

Mathematics wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:08 am
dandezebra wrote:I wonder if Eric could be of any help.
It's not JRRshop's fault. I'm going to see if I can get the money from BeatSkillz's first.
send us your purchase receipt, we can send you a new key.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:34 am Seems like Beatskillz need to work on their Bizness Skillz :roll:
:idea:

i got the same problem and i really would love to use THATTHING, as it sounds fantastic combined with other plugins.

Are Texture and Thatthing similar plugs?

they both impose a texture on a signal, but to me they sound different. Thatthing has a more softer/"vintage" sound, Texture sounds more modern & edgy. I love both! Thatthing combined with certain other plugins is super vibey .

PROBLEM SOLVED:

thanks to Bharat from Beatskillz, the registration problem is solved. i am so glad i can use this now. very nice and friendly customer service, thank you !!

btw : try out their EQ Valvesque...i can only highly recommend it. it is very special, one of my absolute favs
Last edited by chrisg on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I’m also happy to report that I exchanged a few emails with Beatskillz around the holidays. They asked me to gather up my purchase receipts from JRRShop and serials, then added the plugins to my account on their site. Which is directly against their own stated policy they had last year about plugins purchased from third party vendors.

It seems they’re making an effort to improve their customer service.

What a disappointment - the header distracted me to believe, that the secret of "This Plugin" was resolved. :?

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:20 pm What a disappointment - the header distracted me to believe, that the secret of "This Plugin" was resolved. :?
Exactly, that just one reason not to buy Beatskillz or Tone Empire or whatever new name the guy comes up with to sucker people. He's a profiteer. Taking what he can get and providing no support. Refund's are great for the few who request them but he knows that most buyers never will and they're stuck with a piece of software that does not fully function properly. If this was an isolated incident that would be one thing, but it has happened with too many of their "products". Friends don't let friends buy Beatskillz!
Last edited by jbarish on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbarish wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pmFriends don't let friends buy Beatskillz!
Word is bond!

:tu:

That Thing for USD 9! :shock: No brainer or are there issues with version 1.3 potential customers should know about?

https://www.beatskillz.com/shop/that-thing/

Tappistry wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:11 pm I’m also happy to report that I exchanged a few emails with Beatskillz around the holidays. They asked me to gather up my purchase receipts from JRRShop and serials, then added the plugins to my account on their site. Which is directly against their own stated policy they had last year about plugins purchased from third party vendors.

I know this is a reply 3 years later, but thanks for the info. Good to know it got sorted out. That was the same answer I got before when I had asked about registration if the plugin was purchased from a 3rd party vendor. However, essentially, I got a solid and simple "no, we don't do that" kind of reply. But I was just wondering if your experience means that others can request for license registration onto their Beastskillz site itself or if there would be a way now to do so from my end, seeing that it's 2021 and this thread was back in 2018. Hope Beatskills can chime in.

spoilthechild wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:24 am
Tappistry wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:11 pm I’m also happy to report that I exchanged a few emails with Beatskillz around the holidays. They asked me to gather up my purchase receipts from JRRShop and serials, then added the plugins to my account on their site. Which is directly against their own stated policy they had last year about plugins purchased from third party vendors.

I know this is a reply 3 years later, but thanks for the info. Good to know it got sorted out. That was the same answer I got before when I had asked about registration if the plugin was purchased from a 3rd party vendor. However, essentially, I got a solid and simple "no, we don't do that" kind of reply. But I was just wondering if your experience means that others can request for license registration onto their Beastskillz site itself or if there would be a way now to do so from my end, seeing that it's 2021 and this thread was back in 2018. Hope Beatskills can chime in.
Holy crap I've been on this forum a while. :lol:

Return to “Effects”