Cubase 12 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dellboy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:20 pm According to this thread, when the dongle is gone, people will stampede to Steinbergs door to grab a dongleless copy of Cubase. It will be a new dawn. Cubase will be reborn. Millions of copies more will be sold than ever before. Cubase will become the most popular DAW ever.

Meanwhile, in other news, a flock of flying pigs was sighted in New York city.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

So, any leaks? ;)

I was thinking yesterday how people - myself included - complain that Reason 12's high-DPI isn't finished, but looking at Cubase it's not that much better, either. I'm on 15'' 1080p laptop screen so I run it at 125% and many graphical elements & some fonts remain blurry / fuzzy, there's some weird vertical lines poking through the track buttons, sometimes clips flicker when moved around, outlines for mute/solo buttons in Mixer view go partially out of sight depending on width setting, etc. and so on...

Hope they'll gradually fix those things, although I'm worried they're probably pushing Apple Silicon compatibility and that's where most of the time & resources are currently going to...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Now everybody wants them to add Dolby Atmos 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don't expect any major features/changes. Something on a level of RX9. Compatibility with M1 probably on a level of Rosetta only.

I wish they would work on fixes but looking at their last two updates it looks like stability is only becoming worst and worst.

pixel85 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:53 am Now everybody wants them to add Dolby Atmos 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don't expect any major features/changes. Something on a level of RX9. Compatibility with M1 probably on a level of Rosetta only.

I wish they would work on fixes but looking at their last two updates it looks like stability is only becoming worst and worst.
I don't know what kind of things you are doing with Cubase. I've been working extensively with it, doing recordings, working with VIs, lots of plug-ins, etc, and I don't remeber having a crash. Basically all plug-ins work too. Of course, I'm working in Windows 10, with a computer that has enough muscle to handle all of it. :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:02 am...Of course, I'm working in Windows 10, with a computer that has enough muscle to handle all of it. :shrug:
It's so fast that you can't notice it crashing, booting back up and launching again? :wink:
Music tech enthusiast

I use Cubase daily and it hasn't crashed in literally years.
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:05 am
fmr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:02 am...Of course, I'm working in Windows 10, with a computer that has enough muscle to handle all of it. :shrug:
It's so fast that you can't notice it crashing, booting back up and launching again? :wink:
Maybe that's it :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

pepelogu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:36 am I use Cubase daily and it hasn't crashed in literally years.
I think it was the first time in 2 years I've been using it, too. Definitely the 1st one that was so severe. Otherwise it's pretty stable, comparable to Studio One or Live at least for the way I use it.
Music tech enthusiast

fmr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:02 am
pixel85 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:53 am Now everybody wants them to add Dolby Atmos 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't know what kind of things you are doing with Cubase. I've been working extensively with it, doing recordings, working with VIs, lots of plug-ins, etc, and I don't remeber having a crash. Basically all plug-ins work too. Of course, I'm working in Windows 10, with a computer that has enough muscle to handle all of it. :shrug:
Cubase crashed a lot here (win10)... until I got rid of the MOTU Ultralite (&drivers). Now RME Fireface UC, very stable, no crashes at all.

Cubase was running really stable here for a long time with 10 and 10.5, but since a few weeks it has become a major crash fest, once or twice a day if I use it. Sometimes it is a plugin, but never the same one, always different ones, and sometimes just for the heck of it.
Really weird, if I had problems before it was mostly due to one buggy plugin, but not now. Maybe a windows update, dunno.
Rather annoying.

Yes it depends a lot on the audio drivers!! I was surprised when I changed from Presonus to Tascam! I expected worst, but it seems Cubase likes Tascam! I don't have any cpu hikes or instability even with the OneDrive is on syncing all the times with my work server!

Live also seems more stable with the new audio interface (Tascam)! So, Presonus seems good only with Studio One and several other DAWs but not with Cubase and Live!

fese wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:28 am Cubase was running really stable here for a long time with 10 and 10.5, but since a few weeks it has become a major crash fest, once or twice a day if I use it. Sometimes it is a plugin, but never the same one, always different ones, and sometimes just for the heck of it.
Really weird, if I had problems before it was mostly due to one buggy plugin, but not now. Maybe a windows update, dunno.
Rather annoying.
Maybe try to raise the buffer size a little bit? Sometimes people are running at extra low latencies without realling needing it, and that leds ot mor unstable behavior. Over here, I always run at 256 samples. It's low enough, IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

Never had a crash here with the last 3 versions. Just some annoying bugs, but you can survive with them
www.synkrostudio.it, www. roundoround.com

EnGee wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:32 am Presonus seems good only with Studio One and several other DAWs but not with Cubase and Live!
Presonus audio interface + Presonus DAW... I'd think they should work well together. :D

In the past, I've had multiple interfaces (Edirol, Tascam, Zoom) working well with Cubase (Tascam being the most temperamental), but the MOTU was a whole different can of horrors. The random weird issues were actually worse than the daily freezing the whole system.

It took me a long time (and a lot of troubleshooting) to realize that it was the audio interface (/drivers) that wreaked all the havoc. I was almost going to replace the whole PC.

My Steinberg interface works well in enemy territory (Studio One, Reason, Reaper, Ableton) though. ;) Although I'm not at all a power user, so, I wouldn't know how well it works when I do some "crazy" stuff in the DAW.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”