Architect : Discord ? Sub-forum ?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering what you guys would think about a dedicated Loomer / Architect Discord server ? Or a sub-forum ?

I want to learn it inside out, have tons of questions, often basic / stupid ones, and I'm afraid I'd polute the whole Loomer forum with my topics :dog:

Of course I'd be happy to share whatever knowledge I might have too !

Thoughts ?

Cheers,
n.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

I'm not sure what the KVR policy is on developer's having per-product forums. I'm happy to investigate though. In the intermin, do feel free to post topics here: Architect stuff is completely "on-topic" and so absolutely relevant for this forum.

I'm not a discord user myself: what would be the advantages over, say, the KVR forum?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Advantages : immediacy / responsiveness, and potentially less energy / time consuming on both ends (the one asking question and the one helping).
Downside : lack of archival, less time to fully developp relevant in-depth answers / topics.

I'd see Discord as something complementing the current forum, not to replace it. Several live-coding environnements have adopted such medium, and it's proven to be quite handy.

TBH, if I didn't refrain myself from posting, I suppose I'd be starting a couple of topics a day hehe . Or I'd be emailing you on a daily basis.

You've created something wonderful and deep, yet the documentation and examples aren't yet available. I know you're working super hard on this, and it takes time and energy to complete (I still can't compute how you've achieved coding such a mature piece of software on your own, I can't even imagine the insane amount of work).

I genuinely wonder how Architect power-users can already patch such sophisticated presets / fragments already.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

+1 for a Discord server.
The realtime communication could be very beneficial to something like Architect and users could help each other much more fluently and immediate than on a forum. Some devs also have regualar voice chat or video sessions which is very different from a forum as well.

One current instance is the free DAW "Bespoke", also fully node based modular, where not only users post and get help but one can also watch the devs improve the software (originally built by one guy over 10 years) to make it comunity-capable as OSS... Fascinating.

But it has to fit your way of working and communicating - and it can get addictive.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Loomer”