Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

1. Does Omnisphere 2.8 look better than 2.7? I see they say it has got Hi-DPI interface now, but I thought it was the case with 2.7.

2. Is 2.8 working well with your existing projects if anyone has tried already? I am using FL Studio on Windows 10. I cannot update it for a few days at least, so thought to check.

Caine123 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:45 amthx a lot! well im a sucker for spectrasonics products but also love when theyrelease still quality and it seems that way. i always find Kontakt so fiddly and small GUIwise. so if omnisphere really can release some deep sampling guitars etc. this would be great but i guess it wont be so deep like kontakt 6 (it got a different progress all these years) but i dont need hyper realistic scripting so it seems to fit.

especially to use a very nice instrument sounding like in keyscape the pianos combined with synthesis, ambience is top notch! so i will get Nylon Sky as well just for that :)!
By the sounds of things I think you'll like it a lot.

People are quick to dismiss stuff like the front panel controls, but I can't emphasise enough how good they are. Yes technically they're macros I guess, but a) there's a lot of them, b) they are complex in their set up and c) they are bespoke, often on a per-patch basis so it feels like having hundreds of new synths, but you already know how to use them all. It's just a joy to play around with the Nylon Sky patches here, to make subtle changes or go in completely different directions all from the one easy to understand panel.

I don't know if they'll go down this road, but it would good to get some combined patch libraries. Keyscape with Nylon Sky is begging to be done.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:05 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:45 amthx a lot! well im a sucker for spectrasonics products but also love when theyrelease still quality and it seems that way. i always find Kontakt so fiddly and small GUIwise. so if omnisphere really can release some deep sampling guitars etc. this would be great but i guess it wont be so deep like kontakt 6 (it got a different progress all these years) but i dont need hyper realistic scripting so it seems to fit.

especially to use a very nice instrument sounding like in keyscape the pianos combined with synthesis, ambience is top notch! so i will get Nylon Sky as well just for that :)!
By the sounds of things I think you'll like it a lot.

People are quick to dismiss stuff like the front panel controls, but I can't emphasise enough how good they are. Yes technically they're macros I guess, but a) there's a lot of them, b) they are complex in their set up and c) they are bespoke, often on a per-patch basis so it feels like having hundreds of new synths, but you already know how to use them all. It's just a joy to play around with the Nylon Sky patches here, to make subtle changes or go in completely different directions all from the one easy to understand panel.

I don't know if they'll go down this road, but it would good to get some combined patch libraries. Keyscape with Nylon Sky is begging to be done.
thx so much for your infos, sorry one last thing, i see those macros/custom gui as a bonus function (hope this set the road we might add our own custom macros in future Omni3 :D - like in Falcon) if you click the gui away you get the whole patch back with all its features dont you? so you could use the nylon sample with granular engine, detune etc. add/remove effects or even add a new layer with a keyscape piano stretched and so on?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:58 am 1. Does Omnisphere 2.8 look better than 2.7? I see they say it has got Hi-DPI interface now, but I thought it was the case with 2.7.

2. Is 2.8 working well with your existing projects if anyone has tried already? I am using FL Studio on Windows 10. I cannot update it for a few days at least, so thought to check.
1 - there's no change, that's a confusing thing on their product page. Those changes were a version or two ago, but they seem to suggest "new in 2.8". Same for Hardware Profiles.

2 - No issues here so far in Cubase 11.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Caine123 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:09 amthx so much for your infos, sorry one last thing, i see those macros/custom gui as a bonus function (hope this set the road we might add our own custom macros in future Omni3 :D - like in Falcon) if you click the gui away you get the whole patch back with all its features dont you? so you could use the nylon sample with granular engine, detune etc. add/remove effects or even add a new layer with a keyscape piano stretched and so on?
Yes, exactly right. It's the same control to switch between modes as Keyscape and Trilian.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:10 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:58 am 1. Does Omnisphere 2.8 look better than 2.7? I see they say it has got Hi-DPI interface now, but I thought it was the case with 2.7.

1 - there's no change, that's a confusing thing on their product page. Those changes were a version or two ago, but they seem to suggest "new in 2.8". Same for Hardware Profiles.

2 - No issues here so far in Cubase 11.
Okay, thanks for the answers. :tu: I will update as soon as I finish my ongoing track.

Actually I see there is no added vat for me and in € it would be for all 4 about € 360 which would be € 90 for each. This is actually a very good price I think.

My favorite nylon guitar library is aria classical guitarist, just amazing sound but it doesn’t have slides articulations.
Nylon Sky guitar just doesn’t have that “wow” in sound like Aria Classical Guitarist.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:59 pm
LeVzi wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:33 pmWell thats one concern, its my understanding that with new updates for OmniSphere, you get more additional content. Will that still happen now, or is all new content for the core program going to come from these extensions ?
Incidentally just realised something - I think a product called Guitarscape is now very unlikely. Nylon Sky wouldn't exist if there were a huge guitar-based library in development.
This makes sense because now they don't need to have such a product. And after seeing Nylon Sky (a guitar) being released in this first Sonic Extension series, it is likely that they would approach new instruments in this way in future. Not just for Omnisphere, but possibly for Trilian and Keyscape too. So, I am imagining they will release a lot more Sonic Extensions including ones that explore certain instruments (like with Kontakt libraries) in coming months - a few Sonic Extensions every year. Interested people need to start saving up!

Even I am tempted by Undercurrent and Unclean Machine, but not affordable just yet at least.

I wish we had a time table or an idea how many of these a year will be released. How are the sound sources? I really don’t care about patches much.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:05 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:59 pm
LeVzi wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:33 pmWell thats one concern, its my understanding that with new updates for OmniSphere, you get more additional content. Will that still happen now, or is all new content for the core program going to come from these extensions ?
Incidentally just realised something - I think a product called Guitarscape is now very unlikely. Nylon Sky wouldn't exist if there were a huge guitar-based library in development.
This makes sense because now they don't need to have such a product. And after seeing Nylon Sky (a guitar) being released in this first Sonic Extension series, it is likely that they would approach new instruments in this way in future. Not just for Omnisphere, but possibly for Trilian and Keyscape too. So, I am imagining they will release a lot more Sonic Extensions including ones that explore certain instruments (like with Kontakt libraries) in coming months - a few Sonic Extensions every year. Interested people need to start saving up!

Even I am tempted by Undercurrent and Unclean Machine, but not affordable just yet at least.
exactly...I bet they have run the numbers and concluded they can make more money this way, and wont create new standalone products that are higher valued add propositions in this tight market...I think everyone with a mature set of synthesis functionality IP is going to go this route...selling soundpacks with custom front ends and not having to pay NI for access to the market...halion is doing this, UVI is doing this, Engine is doing this, MSF is doing this,and now Soundpaint...and even if you don't need a deep/broad library of dsp, you can participate in this strategy with decent sampler, maize, and sforzando....there are pros and cons as exemplified in many analogous markets, but like it or not, being nickel and dimed is your future
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

I went for Unclean Machine and Undercurrent.

A bit on the expensive side but I really like Unclean Machine and haven't checked Undercurrent all that much yet.

I'm more of a preset guy, scenes thingie works great and the limited set of controls is more than fine with me.

k

First I had too great expectations, now I think the concept is real cool. And with 30% it's 105$ per SE, you only have to wait till your favorites come around. :party:

zimmerabc wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:26 am First I had too great expectations, now I think the concept is real cool. And with 30% it's 105$ per SE, you only have to wait till your favorites come around. :party:
Except just be aware that this discount only applies for stuff bought together. Sadly you don't get credit for anything you already own.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Normally it is best to get 3 now and later when they release more the other 4 etc.

A bit bad cause you get not the 4th extension counter later for discount :P
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”