PSP Saturator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP Saturator

db3 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:49 pm Didn't take long for me to cave in either. $62 in cart at AudioDeluxe helped.
Could've saved almost $4 (wow!!) at JRRShop.

This plugin kicks some serious butt!

You get 70% off if you previously own PSP mix pack.

when i finally had the dough to buy Harmonics, Kelvin was released...
When i finally had the dough to buy Kelvin, yep. Bought this one also, fark me, it's much kinder on the CPU.
Love it!

It's been a while since I used a PSP plugin. WTF!?! Since when PSP switch to iLok? Was tempted to at least demo it reading the comments but... Another company to add to the ban list.

xx JPRacer xx wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:49 am It's been a while since I used a PSP plugin. WTF!?! Since when PSP switch to iLok? Was tempted to at least demo it reading the comments but... Another company to add to the ban list.
They switched about 4 years ago iirc

escalona wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:43 pm I can see myself putting 5 or 6 different saturators for sale here in the forum after trying out the PSP one. I won´t say more.
i will try it but i m not surprised, from psp i expect some weight like few processors beeing hardware or software does (like mjuc and nu compressor or something with coloring transfo like neve stuff) so i hope i won t be disapointed and it had that weight and density and firm thing i like, tired of all that stuff that sound light as paper.. give me mojo :D

Dombaeb wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:58 pm How do you feel it comparing with Kelvin? I don’t use soft saturators much except Saturn 2 so I’m not so experienced for comparing. Saturn is good though. I’m demoing PSP Saturator now but can’t hear much difference. Can you advice me how to test it properly or just give your subjective opinion related to Kelvin, please?

Now I hear that Kelvin can do subtle saturation very good. PSP Saturator makes the same thing. Saturn 2 can do total destruction but I’m in search of something that can beautifully overdrive my music with a pinch of pleasing dirtness. So far I can’t find anything proper outside my hardware synths and internal Falcon saturators.
Tbh since i got kelvin i barely use anything else (i have too many).
Sometimes Voxengo Warmifier and Powershaper.
Also have Saturn2 but reserved for more extreme fx type

I won't even bother demoing this, i can see from the GUI that it doesn't do as much as kelvin does with its tone shaping.
and at that price point, i'm not really interested

saw escalona's post after this, i will demo it. but i doubt i'll buy it

huh, well this is different. i'm tempted, not gonna lie.

would it kill them to make a retina render of the interface? for crying outloud its 2021

It sounds like it f**ks with phase somehow? the way the lows get pronounced/ring i have only heard from phasers before.

Dear KVR community,

Excitement has been buzzing around the PSP office (well, remote offices) with all the stirrings that come with a new plug-in release. We’re very excited to share our latest creation with you, and we’ve been thrilled with the reception so far! We are truly inspired by the support and praise we receive from our users with each new release, and we are humbled to see our creations in use in your studios whether you’re working on your next demo, recording your first album, creating soundtracks for AAA games, or crafting the next Billboard charting single.

Inevitably, with a new plug-in come questions: What is this plug-in for? What makes it different from my other favorite PSP plug-ins? Is Antoni truly the tallest person in pro-audio? (we’re pretty sure on that last one)

These are the questions that keep us up at night too, and we figure it’s time to share some insight to clarify a few things with you!By far, the most asked question we’ve received is how the PSP Saturator, our new premium saturation plugin, is different from the ‘modern classic’ PSP VintageWarmer. In short, on a fundamental level these are entirely different plug-ins designed for different sounds and applications with a very narrow field of functional overlap.

PSP VintageWarmer is our take on the classic ‘mojo’ of analog signal processing combining the sound of vintage equipment’s color and tone with multi-band dynamics processing offering everything from ‘just a bit of heat’ to ultra-precise master buss dynamics processing to give a mix that final sense of fullness and punch. While this may seem similar to saturation, the approach and methods of achieving the tone of what PSP VintageWarmer adds to a mix are entirely separate from our new plug-in.

PSP Saturator is based on the concept of the now legendary PSP MixSaturator which was developed 20 years ago (time flies, huh?). About two years ago, we decided it was time to reintroduce this concept and bring it up to modern standards, as well as use this opportunity to implement what we’ve learned in the last few decades of plug-in development.

During the long months of the development cycle, it became apparent to us that each part of its algorithms had to be written from scratch, or at least seriously redesigned based on what we’ve learned in our DSP escapades in the last 21 years.

We didn’t want to simply copy the older engines, and we quickly realized this was time for a total refresh of one of our most lauded plug-ins while still keeping true to its roots. By extending the development process and critically analyzing all we had learned, not only would be be able to address some of the original’s weaknesses; we could adopt support for retina screens, design scalable interfaces, and introduce oversampling support up to a whopping 384Khz for the most pristine sonic quality available!

With changes comes compromise though - in many cases, we realised that keeping backwards compatibility was no longer possible due to the range of changes to virtually every aspect of the plugin and the number of new parameters to add even more detailed control that wasn’t possible before.

By this point, we realized we could further fine-tune the plug-in by refreshing every single algorithm inside of PSP Saturator to ensure it was the best possible form of saturation no matter what flavor you choose. With the support of top mixing engineers and producers, and a relatively long beta process, we meticulously refined each algorithm to win the hearts (and more importantly, ears) of some of the most discerning and demanding users in the industry.

The result of all this cooperation, testing, development, and teamwork is truly stunning - while at its core, the concept stems from our classic PSP MixSaturator we are confident that this plugin represents the best form of what we can currently offer by combining our 21 years of development experience to create something with unrivaled quality and versatility that is ready to stand the test of time for the next 20 years.

With that said, it is now time to retire and say a bittersweet farewell to our long-time friend PSP MixSaturator. Going forward, it will be considered a legacy product with no further support as it has been replaced and redesigned with it’s legacy living on in this new release.

PSP Saturator brings an all-new product that implements the latest and greatest in terms of both DSP and support for modern systems with compatibility for Windows 11, macOS Silicon, extensive oversampling, and the most pristine saturation we can offer.

As usual, we recommend you rely on your own ears, experience and needs when it comes to plug-ins. We’d encourage all users to download the free demo version and play with it for 30 days before making any decision.

After all, if we’ve learned one thing in the last 21 years:

It’s The Sound That Counts!

https://www.pspaudioware.com/company#mateusz-wozniak

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PSP on Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Got this for 21 bucks with the code from psp, and my initial, very preliminary impressions are that it sounds really good. Better than I thought it'd be, we'll see but I I like it so far, a lot, of course shiney new toy honeymoon phase considerations must be taken into account but this has potential to replace other stuff I think, if first impressions hold up and I test it on a greater variety of different sources etc.

dblock wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:45 pm Demoing now. I don't usually glow about new stuff like this but I had been was hoping a saturator plugin would come along and knock my IK Tape off it's cpu hogging high horse for some time now and I have finally found it. I have Kelvin and most of the others but I was specifically looking for something that rivaled the IK Tape sound. To be honest, I didn't expect it to come from PSP (no offense PSP) but I'm floored by this plugin.The sound to my ears is at "least" as good as IK and the more I play with it the more I'm thinking "better" because of all the options it comes with and with only a fraction of the cpu usage IK Tapes. Why couldn't IK do that? This plugin proves while a quality plugin can take up a lot of cpu, it doesn't always have to if you do it right.Whatever. I'm buying this as soon as I'm done typing this. No more "which plugin do I kick off my master bus so I can use the IK Tape too?" situations on my master bus because of the huge cpu usage. I can finally use my Softube EQ1 (another hog) and Softube DS1 WITH PSP Saturator together on my master bus. PSP knocked it out of the park with this one.jmo!
Have you tried Tupe by goodhertz? 90% of the saturators I’ve tried are boring and tiresome compared to that. However, I’m a staunch PSP supporter as well. That combined with my $20 purchase price means I’ll buy PSP’s anyway. 😊

PSP wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:07 pm
With that said, it is now time to retire and say a bittersweet farewell to our long-time friend PSP MixSaturator. Going forward, it will be considered a legacy product with no further support as it has been replaced and redesigned with it’s legacy living on in this new release.
Will this be the fate of the rest of Mixpack2 as well?

what code?
nusound mind wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:23 am Got this for 21 bucks with the code from psp, and my initial, very preliminary impressions are that it sounds really good. Better than I thought it'd be, we'll see but I I like it so far, a lot, of course shiney new toy honeymoon phase considerations must be taken into account but this has potential to replace other stuff I think, if first impressions hold up and I test it on a greater variety of different sources etc.

PSP wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:07 pm we could adopt support for retina screens, design scalable interfaces
Saturator doesn't have a hi-dpi UI. Twin-L is the only PSP plugin I've seen that looks correct on retina. Are you planning to implement hi-dpi across the range?

Return to “Effects”