Focusrite Collective : FAST COMP, EQ, REVERB, REVEAL

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
LeVzi
KVRAF

Topic Starter

3679 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:20 am

Yeah its in my account too, 50% , and the nice options for one time or monthly payments.

I like this payment modelling by focusrite. I hope it continues. And maybe other companies follow suit.
"Part Man, Part Machine, Part Bird, Part Drum - It's Robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop" - James Acaster

EdSfer
KVRist
276 posts since 27 Aug, 2015 from Paris, France

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:35 am

Teksonik wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:23 pm
I'm sorry I don't know what "Sound and Plugin Collective offers" you're referring to.

I don't remember the FabFilter discount but maybe that was before I purchased my Focusrite hardware or I just simply forgot about it.
https://focusrite.com/en/plugin-collective

The next giveaway should be revealed on october 28th
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

Teksonik
KVRAF
16439 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:29 am

EdSfer wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:35 am
https://focusrite.com/en/plugin-collective
The next giveaway should be revealed on october 28th
Yes I'm aware of the plugin collective I thought sprnva was referring to what is appearing in our "My Software" section of our accounts not what shows on the collective website.

I thought he was seeing something in "My Software" that I wasn't.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

telecharge
KVRian
861 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:30 am

It appears you can only pay with a credit/debit card (no PayPal), and the price for the FAST Bundle on The Collective website is an eye-watering £270 (roughly $370) before discount. :eek:

martinjuenke
KVRAF
5363 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:25 am

I think to skip this because too much overlap with the Sonible Smart stuff.
By the way: to offer the bundle for 99 USD / 99 EUR / 99 GBP is kind of discrimmination of non-yankies.

prophet9
KVRer
1 posts since 17 Oct, 2002

Post Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:09 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:25 am
I think to skip this because too much overlap with the Sonible Smart stuff.
By the way: to offer the bundle for 99 USD / 99 EUR / 99 GBP is kind of discrimmination of non-yankies.
I agree completely.

macmuse
KVRian
627 posts since 23 Jun, 2004

Post Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:57 pm

Smapti wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:10 am
I have these as well as the Sonible plugins. Smart:Comp roughly covers the same ground as Fast Comp and Fast Reveal. Fast EQ is kinda like Smart:EQ but they don't overlap as much. I use these, as well as the Sonible plugins, all the time.

The Focusrite plugins are geared towards getting good results quickly whereas the Sonible plugs are deeper and more complex. If you don't have any of these I'd say that Fast Reveal and Smart:EQ are the two must-haves.
I too think the Sonible are deeper. However I downloaded the FAST demos to check them against my Sonibles, and when I run both plugins on the same source I find the FAST give me a different and preferred result, particularly the EQ. Do you notice that at all, and do you have any preference for the FAST over the Sonible ones or vice versa or when you choose one over the other?

Jkist
KVRist
267 posts since 21 Jul, 2020

Post Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:27 pm

The FAST stuff is actually pretty nice, I dig the compressor because its exactly what it says on the box, fast and easy.

Smapti
KVRist
188 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:10 am

macmuse wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:57 pm
Smapti wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:10 am
I have these as well as the Sonible plugins. Smart:Comp roughly covers the same ground as Fast Comp and Fast Reveal. Fast EQ is kinda like Smart:EQ but they don't overlap as much. I use these, as well as the Sonible plugins, all the time.

The Focusrite plugins are geared towards getting good results quickly whereas the Sonible plugs are deeper and more complex. If you don't have any of these I'd say that Fast Reveal and Smart:EQ are the two must-haves.
I too think the Sonible are deeper. However I downloaded the FAST demos to check them against my Sonibles, and when I run both plugins on the same source I find the FAST give me a different and preferred result, particularly the EQ. Do you notice that at all, and do you have any preference for the FAST over the Sonible ones or vice versa or when you choose one over the other?
I agree, the Fast EQ is often easier to work with since it's more straightforward to tweak the relevant areas. I especially like the simplified view with just 4 or 5 EQ sliders. It's also much better on the CPU. I haven't noticed a big difference in the initial suggestions although Fast EQ does give you 3 flavors to choose from (Warm, Neutral, Bright) that don't exist in the Sonible EQ.

There are two tradeoffs vs the Sonible EQ though: you don't get the dynamic EQ and you don't get that layer demasking thing. I find that I use both EQs equally since they aren't really interchangeable.

martinjuenke
KVRAF
5363 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:57 am

I demoed the FastVerb. Pretty impressed how quick you can achieve good results. Perhaps I'll become weak...

Return to “Effects”