The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I loved your intro and ending! I’m actually subscribed to your channel and your older songs are actually pretty neat.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:17 am I loved your intro and ending! I’m actually subscribed to your channel and your older songs are actually pretty neat.
Thanks. I just wish my older songs were recorded better.

wagtunes,
Interesting story on your paid music gig. That guy that I collaborated with that has collaborated with a couple of Yes members collaborates with all sorts of people. He (or the band) often sells his music in these collaboration bands. He said someone in Russia (I think) paid for one of the songs, and it quickly was on multiple Russian pirate websites. I wonder if the USA is really that much more guilty of pirated music as opposed to other countries. You look great in a wig? Will love to see how that turns out when you're done. Hope it's not X-rated, especially if you are the only actor. Ha ha. The end video seems to have high end symphonic software music that is high quality. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Wagtunes,
Now listening to 'Don't Be Shy': this to me has a 70's rock/Broadway vibe (good). Per usual, very good melodies. I like the way the piano seems to carry much of the song; and the vocals do too. Nice background brass section and strings. Very nice song (and usual very good audio quality). :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:25 am wagtunes,
Interesting story on your paid music gig. That guy that I collaborated with that has collaborated with a couple of Yes members collaborates with all sorts of people. He (or the band) often sells his music in these collaboration bands. He said someone in Russia (I think) paid for one of the songs, and it quickly was on multiple Russian pirate websites. I wonder if the USA is really that much more guilty of pirated music as opposed to other countries. You look great in a wig? Will love to see how that turns out when you're done. Hope it's not X-rated, especially if you are the only actor. Ha ha. The end video seems to have high end symphonic software music that is high quality. :)
I'm not sure how common piracy is either but it's all out of my hands. I'm just grateful to have some songs being recorded and selling somewhere. As for "As The Clone Turns" let's just say it's one very strange project and I'll leave it at that. LOL

aaron aardvark wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:34 am Wagtunes,
Now listening to 'Don't Be Shy': this to me has a 70's rock/Broadway vibe (good). Per usual, very good melodies. I like the way the piano seems to carry much of the song; and the vocals do too. Nice background brass section and strings. Very nice song (and usual very good audio quality). :)
Thanks for the listen and the feedback Aaron. I'm enjoying doing short songs. I think they turn out better than my longer ones for whatever reason.

11th track from my upcoming CD "Short Takes"

I squeezed this one in between "As The Clone Turns" episodes.

Wham Bam Thank You Mam

Super heroes come
And super heroes go
Gal you are the one
Who I want to know

So please come to me
Baby can't you see
That it's meant to be

Wham bam thank you mam
Gal I wanna be your Batman
Wham bam thank you mam
Be your Robin too
Wham bam thank you mam
I don't wanna be your fat man
Wham bam thank you mam
Because I love you

Climb the tallest tree
Scale a building too
Baby you and me
Baby me and you

Repeat Pre Chorus

Repeat Chorus

You can have your Iron Man
You can have your Hulk and Thor
You can have your Justice League
I can give you more

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus 2x to Fade

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... nk-you-mam

"Wham Bam" - I think that is the best song I've heard from you. Nice verse and a very catchy chorus. There's a tasty build in the last 2 choruses as well. Have you played it to the guys in the band yet?

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:37 pm "Wham Bam" - I think that is the best song I've heard from you. Nice verse and a very catchy chorus. There's a tasty build in the last 2 choruses as well. Have you played it to the guys in the band yet?

Good work :)
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated. No, haven't pitched it to the band yet. They already have 25 of my tracks in the queue so it's doubtful this one would make the cut anyway.

Liked Wham Bam. An enjoyable and fun song. Very good phrasing and lyrics.
Can I assume "Gal" is Gal Gaddot, - Wonder Woman?

Bansaw wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:46 pm Liked Wham Bam. An enjoyable and fun song. Very good phrasing and lyrics.
Can I assume "Gal" is Gal Gaddot, - Wonder Woman?
Actually, happy accident. LOL

Another oldie.

This is what you call driving a hook through the roof.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ithout-a-c

Another oldie. Recorded on a Boss 8 track

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/i-know-why

Another oldie. Recorded on a Teac A3440

One of my shortest and catchiest choruses.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/i-got-love

12th, title and final track from my upcoming CD "Short Takes"

Song was recorded using mostly EWQL Fab Four collection as I was going for that Beatles sound on this one. Anyone interested in the exact patches, just let me know.

This will be my last song for the year. I'm going to be devoting all my time to my soap that I'm producing. This has been a real challenge trying to make it look like there are multiple people in a room at the same time. Filmora X is one hell of a powerful piece of software. Amazing what we can do at home these days.

Anyway, enjoy!

Short Takes

Let's get to the point
We aren't getting any younger
Come let's blow this joint
My heart, my heart, my heart does hunger

Girl I need you now
Let me show you how

Short takes short cakes
Vagabonds and quickies
Put 'em in the blender
And to ecstasy you'll send her