Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

SLiC wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:32 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:11 pm :o

https://www.novelmusic.org/m4l/seeds
:tu:

Looks really interesting and good value, especially for PUSH 2 users as it is like getting a new hardware sequencer!
Yes. The integration of Max/MSP is more and more fruitful. All this new devices which are interacting with the Push are great. A year ago there was this package for Max/MSP (jk.push 2 Abstractions for Max/MSP) and now we see a lot of this kind of devices. Love it.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Hi, please advise. We are using Ableton in theatres for sound clearance and we are solving a mystery.

We trigger individual scenes with MIDI notes from the mixing desk and in Ableton 10 when we trigger a scene, the track. we previously selected stays selected so we can see the bottom right waveform of what is currently playing. But in Ableton 11, we can't achieve this, and every time we start the scene, the master track is selected, so we don't see anything. Is this a difference between version 10 and 11 or can this be adjusted somewhere ?

Thanks for the advice

Martin

markuc wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:42 am Hi, please advise. We are using Ableton in theatres for sound clearance and we are solving a mystery.

We trigger individual scenes with MIDI notes from the mixing desk and in Ableton 10 when we trigger a scene, the track. we previously selected stays selected so we can see the bottom right waveform of what is currently playing. But in Ableton 11, we can't achieve this, and every time we start the scene, the master track is selected, so we don't see anything. Is this a difference between version 10 and 11 or can this be adjusted somewhere ?

Thanks for the advice

Martin
I believe you can set this in Launch Settings
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I don't think, the settings we have in both versions are the same ...

Preferences > "Record Warp Launch" tab has 2 "select on launch" options you can try (same options appear in the right-click context menus for Scenes and Session Clips).

Thanks, guys, but not working ... in AL 10 works, in 11 not.

Hum still no option to automatically slice at transients in Live without using simpler ?

dupont wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:22 pm Hum still no option to automatically slice at transients in Live without using simpler ?
Can slice as separate zones in Sampler too or are you just talking about direct audio slicing?

Is there a way / shortcut to move knobs in Live's devices with the scroll wheel (mainly EQ 8's Q parameter)? It drives me nuts to move the cursor between frequency and Q when I want to mix quickly.

I'll take that as a no then.

Azbest wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:50 pm I'll take that as a no then.
Haven't got Live open but think it's Shift+mouse up or down to change q (if not try ctrl or alt instead)

It works, but it's not what I meant. I want to change the Q by using the scroll wheel only, leaving the left mouse click for frequency manipulation (like in any decent EQ plugin).

markuc wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:05 pm Thanks, guys, but not working ... in AL 10 works, in 11 not.
Have you reached out to Ableton support to see if they can help?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

markuc wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:42 am Hi, please advise. We are using Ableton in theatres for sound clearance and we are solving a mystery.

Thanks for the advice

Martin
This is a difference between Live 10 and 11 and cannot be adjusted.
In Live 11.1 (currently in beta) the master track is not selected anymore when you start a scene.

It feels like we're getting close to Live 11.1 release. The list of issues fixed in the last few betas is getting shorter and shorter. Looking forward to 11.1 - some nice new goodies coming.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”