FL STUDIO 21 - What's news?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MuzikFreq wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:11 pm
ozinga wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 pm
MuzikFreq wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:36 am I would use FL Studio IF they add in auto mixer routing when placing samples into the project.
It does, if you drop the sample on an empty playlist track.
:ud: what?
What the bejesus?
If you drag the sample from the browser directly to the playlist (instead of channel rack) it auto assigns a new mixer track :)

Same thing works with a VST...it pretty much works like any other DAW....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

ozinga wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:02 pm
MuzikFreq wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:11 pm
ozinga wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 pm
MuzikFreq wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:36 am I would use FL Studio IF they add in auto mixer routing when placing samples into the project.
It does, if you drop the sample on an empty playlist track.
:ud: what?
What the bejesus?
If you drag the sample from the browser directly to the playlist (instead of channel rack) it auto assigns a new mixer track :)
Or just drop it onto an already existing audio track it gets autoassigned to the corresponding mixer track

I really hope they do add a non pattern based workflow. For some reason i struggle with using patterns, i guess im too used to regular arrangement mode from other daws

logicfixbrowserplz wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:45 am I really hope they do add a non pattern based workflow. For some reason i struggle with using patterns, i guess im too used to regular arrangement mode from other daws
It’s awesome for writing MIDI. In fact I miss the blocks in FL. I think you can turn them on but that’s how I started.

dfraze wrote: Sometimes a DAW begins as midi focused, or audio focused.

They can add other features along the way, but they are better at what they are focused at.

In my opinion, FL Studio is midi focused, the audio features are somewhat clunky, but it's OK

I love it for midi work, especially the piano roll
Very true. They could do with comping in the playlist and slicing up audio by it's transients with a sensitivity slider, time displays of transients, stretching the transients by a snap value or snap off, snap and tab to transient and scrub. Does FL have auto-crossfading in the playlist too?

All of the above would seriously improve it's audio editing capabilities and punch in/out is already do-able so. Something like Reapers Dynamic Split too where it can automatically slice an audio clip by transients or you can also set a dB range below which it can be silenced so you can automatically remove silence from an audio clip.

Agreed, the piano roll is exceptional. Probably the best.

hoxclab wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:06 am
logicfixbrowserplz wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:45 am I really hope they do add a non pattern based workflow. For some reason i struggle with using patterns, i guess im too used to regular arrangement mode from other daws
It’s awesome for writing MIDI. In fact I miss the blocks in FL. I think you can turn them on but that’s how I started.
What was blocks, anything like Reasons blocks?

Eclectrophonic wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:18 pm
hoxclab wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:06 am
What was blocks, anything like Reasons blocks?
Kinda
5E67FCE0-3904-4A38-AA30-664288CAC150.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am actually very drawn to FL Studio, I appreciate the workflow in many ways. However, comping takes is awful compared to other DAWs. I REALLY hope they get some sort of better comping implementation in 21, whenever it releases.

Jkist wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:09 pm I am actually very drawn to FL Studio, I appreciate the workflow in many ways. However, comping takes is awful compared to other DAWs. I REALLY hope they get some sort of better comping implementation in 21, whenever it releases.
Don't think it's suited to an instrument playing musician, more for hip hop or edm.

Yea I would never use FL for "band" type music with real instruments. EDM, DnB, Trap, Hip Hop.....and so on.

vertibration wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:17 am Yea I would never use FL for "band" type music with real instruments. EDM, DnB, Trap, Hip Hop.....and so on.
It is actually very good for creating orchestral music with virtual instruments.

If you don't like a pattern based workflow, then look for a non-pattern based sequencer which FL isn't :roll:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

praashek wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:01 am
vertibration wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:17 am Yea I would never use FL for "band" type music with real instruments. EDM, DnB, Trap, Hip Hop.....and so on.
It is actually very good for creating orchestral music with virtual instruments.
FL is probably the worst major DAW on the market for creating orchestral music.

I agree, the patterns create an additional layer of complexity. In other DAWs the patterns are just midi clips within an arranger.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”