Kushview Element plugin host

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRAF
6366 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:32 am

You can feed Midi into the plugin. Midi has 16 channels which could be split to different destinations with the Midi Channel Splitter...

KVRist
361 posts since 25 Aug, 2018

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:42 pm

I know you can feed MIDI into the plugin. I am talking about the standalone.

Banned
88 posts since 20 Sep, 2020

Post Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:54 am

no lfo ?

KVRAF
1859 posts since 14 Mar, 2006

Post Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:03 pm

courtjestr wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:54 pm
Does Element have a midi file player, like the audio file player? Or does anyone know how I could feed a midi file into an Element chain?
I don't think it has a built in midi file player yet. But you can use something from third party, like EZPlayer, for example.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-128gb 10.15 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:09 pm

vskunk wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:54 am
no lfo ?
I don't think it has an LFO. at least not yet. There is a free one from Piz that works.
pizlfo.jpg
There are commercial ones out there, like LFOTool.

Element is not meant, as of yet, as a tool to build up sound design from low level components....in the same way that Reaktor or PlogueBidule can. Its a plugin hosted with super flexible routing of midi and audio. So if you can find a VST or AU plugin that does what you need to do, you can chain them up in complex ways...

I think they have plans to introduce more lower level stuff eventually, but its really not there yet. There is even a built in scripting environment being worked on...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Banned

Post Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:23 pm

Dewdman42 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:09 pm
vskunk wrote:
no lfo ?
I don't think it has an LFO. at least not yet. There is a free one from Piz that works.

pizlfo.jpg

Element is not meant, as of yet, as a tool to build up sound design from low level components....in the same way that Reaktor or PlogueBidule can. Its a plugin hosted with super flexible routing of midi and audio. So if you can find a VST or AU plugin that does what you need to do, you can chain them up in complex ways...

I think they have plans to introduce more lower level stuff eventually, but its really not there yet. There is even a built in scripting environment being worked on...
Thx :)

KVRist
361 posts since 25 Aug, 2018

Post Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:52 am

Dewdman42 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:03 pm
courtjestr wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:54 pm
Does Element have a midi file player, like the audio file player? Or does anyone know how I could feed a midi file into an Element chain?
I don't think it has a built in midi file player yet. But you can use something from third party, like EZPlayer, for example.
So where can you get ezPlayer (or something similar)? Does not look like it is a available anymore.

Banned

Post Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:17 am

Dewdman42 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:09 pm
vskunk wrote:
no lfo ?

pizlfo.jpg

i have LFO tool , for the piz plugins it will be hard to have it beacause their site is gone !

lfm
KVRAF
5752 posts since 22 Jan, 2005 from Sweden

Post Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:03 am

vskunk wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:17 am

i have LFO tool , for the piz plugins it will be hard to have it beacause their site is gone !
I think this is long term for piz stuff
https://code.google.com/archive/p/pizmidi/downloads

KVRAF

Post Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:14 am

courtjestr wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:52 am
Dewdman42 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:03 pm

So where can you get ezPlayer (or something similar)? Does not look like it is a available anymore.
Well that's a good question. its still available for me to download through my account at ToonTrack, i think it was included with EZdrums or SD2 perhaps. So I can still install it and register it to this day... but its entirely possible they don't sell anything that includes it, since they built that type of functionality directly into their products now rather then requiring a separate plugin.

I have been meaning to develop a midi file player plugin for quite some time now, because there are not many options. But generally you will just have to find some plugin that has midi sequence playback in some form. Maschine, for example. Ezplayer is another example. PlogueBidule includes a rudimentary midi file player...but then you won't need Element if you buy that.

I would definitely make sure to go to Element's GitHub site and post a request for a midi file player module built into Element. The author is very responsive. They have audio media player, but I believe it does not yet have midi file player. But if more people ask for it, maybe he will prioritize it, or one of the other contributors will.

KVRer
11 posts since 21 Jun, 2020

Post Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:19 pm

If I load up various plugins and save it as a session, how do I later recall it as a session?
Also, when I introduce a new plug-in while creating a session, is there a way to automatically connect the ins and outs of the plug-in?
Thanks for the help guys!

KVRian
1203 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:33 am

Is there a version of Element that communicates the plugin parameter information to the host? In Maschine the values are displayed as percentages (0 - 1), not the actual values that you would normally see when the plugin is loaded directly into the host. I'm using Element v1.41.1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRist
498 posts since 26 May, 2014

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:41 am

I'm trying to run some Lua scripts in Element but I can't find any info or videos about it.

https://element.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... rview.html

KVRAF
6366 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:20 am

At the link you posted there is info including examples. You might look for Lua as well and get that skill set first…
This site claims fifteen minutes is sufficient…
http://tylerneylon.com/a/learn-lua/

KVRist
498 posts since 26 May, 2014

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:57 am

I already use Lua in Reaper > Actions > Script > Run
But I can't see any info on how to run the script in the Scripts folder on the left, if you need to install Lua or if it's self contained ???

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”