Anyone like/use the Boz plugs like Sasquatch, Manic, Mongoose?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Mongoose always on my master, manic comp & +10dB are both nice to use when needs arise, pan knob is my go to panning, I have sasquatch & transgressor too but I always forget to use them

Massive fan of their T-Bone tilt eq, Little Clipper,. Bark of Dog and Little Foot. Great simple plugins.

i bought bark of dog and manic compressor maybe 2-3 years ago.
ive literally never used either outside of a quick demo and probably never will.

(Boz have $15 transfer fees so I can't even give them away without someone paying something for them.)

I like Gatey Watey. It was a free giveaway years ago
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

theviirus wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:28 am i bought bark of dog and manic compressor maybe 2-3 years ago.
ive literally never used either outside of a quick demo and probably never will.

(Boz have $15 transfer fees so I can't even give them away without someone paying something for them.)
bark of the dog is free
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:15 am
theviirus wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:28 am i bought bark of dog and manic compressor maybe 2-3 years ago.

bark of the dog is free
you are right. pan knob was the other purchase ($10, on sale)
consider this further evidence on how much I use any of their plugins!

Love Mongoose - so simple. This and SlickEQ M have the best "mono-izer"s in my opinion. The upper band widening in Mongoose is also completely mono-compatible. Great utility.

T-Bone is great, and I sometimes reach for their other stuff.

Certainly Boz make high quality plugins, true 64-bit "double-precision" as well - however, unlike Voxengo and others, Boz simply do not believe in oversampling, so that's something to be aware of (I would never use their non-oversampled clipper on the master, for example).

Hello!

I have Sasquatch, Manic Compressor and the + 10db Bundle. I bought the Sasquatch after demoing for like 3 minutes. :) The drummer I work with down in Phoenix, AZ uses a basic 4 mic set up. I think my breakfast this AM cost more than all his microphones. :) Honestly, the tracks sound pretty good out of the gate, but Sasquatch lets me dial in all kinds of goodness on that kick drum (they tend not to have enough weight to them).

I use the manic compressor on all manner of tracks (thats the beauty of all the models). Lots of additional tweakability if you so desire... Thats pretty common with a lot of the Boz plugs.

The +10db stuff really can make most tracks sound better very quickly. Big sweet spot on both the EQ and Compressor.

I haven't pulled the trigger on the delay yet. Not sure why?

At the price Imperial Delay is going for example right now it's a steal. Simple and fast to use, yet surprisingly powerfull. With enough money, I could justify getting also Valhalla Delay and Timeless, because all 3 are pretty close in some aspects, yet so different in others. And, I like delays. No, wait...

Return to “Effects”