Anyone like/use the Boz plugs like Sasquatch, Manic, Mongoose?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRian
911 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:16 pm

I have Mongoose always on my master, manic comp & +10dB are both nice to use when needs arise, pan knob is my go to panning, I have sasquatch & transgressor too but I always forget to use them

KVRAF
3223 posts since 16 Jan, 2005 from Ottawa, Ontario

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:23 pm

Massive fan of their T-Bone tilt eq, Little Clipper,. Bark of Dog and Little Foot. Great simple plugins.

KVRist
157 posts since 13 Mar, 2005 from HELL

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:28 pm

i bought bark of dog and manic compressor maybe 2-3 years ago.
ive literally never used either outside of a quick demo and probably never will.

(Boz have $15 transfer fees so I can't even give them away without someone paying something for them.)

KVRAF
6754 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:47 am

I like Gatey Watey. It was a free giveaway years ago
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

v1o
KVRAF
3046 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:15 pm

theviirus wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:28 pm
ive literally never used either outside of a quick demo and probably never will.

(Boz have $15 transfer fees so I can't even give them away without someone paying something for them.)
bark of the dog is free
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

KVRist
157 posts since 13 Mar, 2005 from HELL

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:21 pm

v1o wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:15 pm
theviirus wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:28 pm

bark of the dog is free
you are right. pan knob was the other purchase ($10, on sale)
consider this further evidence on how much I use any of their plugins!

KVRAF
4041 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Love Mongoose - so simple. This and SlickEQ M have the best "mono-izer"s in my opinion. The upper band widening in Mongoose is also completely mono-compatible. Great utility.

T-Bone is great, and I sometimes reach for their other stuff.

Certainly Boz make high quality plugins, true 64-bit "double-precision" as well - however, unlike Voxengo and others, Boz simply do not believe in oversampling, so that's something to be aware of (I would never use their non-oversampled clipper on the master, for example).

KVRist
170 posts since 13 Jul, 2005 from Longview, WA

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:55 am

Hello!

I have Sasquatch, Manic Compressor and the + 10db Bundle. I bought the Sasquatch after demoing for like 3 minutes. :) The drummer I work with down in Phoenix, AZ uses a basic 4 mic set up. I think my breakfast this AM cost more than all his microphones. :) Honestly, the tracks sound pretty good out of the gate, but Sasquatch lets me dial in all kinds of goodness on that kick drum (they tend not to have enough weight to them).

I use the manic compressor on all manner of tracks (thats the beauty of all the models). Lots of additional tweakability if you so desire... Thats pretty common with a lot of the Boz plugs.

The +10db stuff really can make most tracks sound better very quickly. Big sweet spot on both the EQ and Compressor.

I haven't pulled the trigger on the delay yet. Not sure why?

KVRist
273 posts since 7 Sep, 2012

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:17 am

At the price Imperial Delay is going for example right now it's a steal. Simple and fast to use, yet surprisingly powerfull. With enough money, I could justify getting also Valhalla Delay and Timeless, because all 3 are pretty close in some aspects, yet so different in others. And, I like delays. No, wait...

Return to “Effects”