Full Bucket Music FB-7999, free Synthesizer plugin (Korg DW-6000/8000 Emulation)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
wwjd
KVRian
557 posts since 18 Nov, 2010

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:32 pm

Full Bucket wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:42 am
FB-7999 is updated to version 1.0.1.

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/fb7999.html

Cheers, Björn
I appreciate your fun VSTs!!!

I still get a crazy loud volume jump from AFTER TOUCH, not velocity, in the first brass delay patch. like Normal to +12db. Windows 10 all patched, latest REAPER, KEYLAB61 controller

Maybe that is normal for that gear? It's quite extreme and unexpected compared to all other VSTi I have used. I'll look at shutting off AT if I have to, but seems like I should not have to.

Other patches with huge AT jumps:
BRASS DELAY
CX3
STRINGS-1
JAZZ ORGAN 2 & 3
CHOIR
BEND BRASS
5th brass
autopulse

maybe others can confirm? Might be the crackling I read here?

Vortifex
KVRAF
2461 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:18 pm

Sad to report that the clicks are still there for me :(

User avatar
Full Bucket
KVRian
832 posts since 25 May, 2010 from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:41 pm

Please guide me where they are.

User avatar
Synthient Sound
KVRist
67 posts since 29 Oct, 2018

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:33 pm

wwjd wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:32 pm
Full Bucket wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:42 am
FB-7999 is updated to version 1.0.1.

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/fb7999.html

Cheers, Björn
I appreciate your fun VSTs!!!

I still get a crazy loud volume jump from AFTER TOUCH, not velocity, in the first brass delay patch. like Normal to +12db. Windows 10 all patched, latest REAPER, KEYLAB61 controller

Maybe that is normal for that gear? It's quite extreme and unexpected compared to all other VSTi I have used. I'll look at shutting off AT if I have to, but seems like I should not have to.

Other patches with huge AT jumps:
BRASS DELAY
CX3
STRINGS-1
JAZZ ORGAN 2 & 3
CHOIR
BEND BRASS
5th brass
autopulse

maybe others can confirm? Might be the crackling I read here?
I haven't tried 1.0.1 yet, but I noticed very high volume jumps with Aftertouch as well on Big Sur/Logic (latest) with the Metal AU. Was worried about my speakers kind of loud.

Also just wanted to say I'm enjoying immensely...might now be my favorite Fullbucket synth. :)

wwjd
KVRian
557 posts since 18 Nov, 2010

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:22 pm

Vortifex wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:18 pm
Sad to report that the clicks are still there for me :(
I get something similar to "clicks" but just when accidnetly pressing into after touch. with each seperate key registering aster touch in a cord, if I press into after touch, the volume bounces around just a little - enough to register a little jump due to the innacracy of my keys after touch - trying to play the after touch is not smooth, because cheap keybaord I guess

Vortifex
KVRAF
2461 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:02 am

Full Bucket wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:41 pm
Please guide me where they are.
It seems to be when I have the VCF EG Velocity Sens set to anything above 1, and I play a loud key with some release followed by a soft key on the same note. It's especially noticeable when repeating a chord, but it seems to affect some sounds more than others. I might expect some very minor artifact when doing this but I don't experience this kind of click with anything else.

User avatar
Full Bucket
KVRian
832 posts since 25 May, 2010 from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:08 am

I would expect some transient then.

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
3472 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:17 am

A friend of mine had a modified dw-6000 that had a couple extra controls wired to the filter circuit and an extra LFO as well as a hacked output that made some crazy distortion. I'll have to give this thing a try. For nostalgia if nothing else.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

User avatar
albertodream
KVRist
37 posts since 7 May, 2004 from Madrid, Spain

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:03 am

I don't know if this is a bug, or if the dw8000 hardware behaves the same way, but the portamento only works if the auto bend is active.

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
6758 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:12 am

albertodream wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:03 am
I don't know if this is a bug, or if the dw8000 hardware behaves the same way, but the portamento only works if the auto bend is active.
same here. could be a hardware feature?
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

User avatar
albertodream
KVRist
37 posts since 7 May, 2004 from Madrid, Spain

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:34 am

No, it's a bug. Björn confirmed by email that it's a bug and it will be fixed in the next version.

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
6758 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:35 am

ah ok
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

User avatar
Full Bucket
KVRian
832 posts since 25 May, 2010 from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:28 pm

Version 1.0.2 is released:

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/fb7999.html

Cheers, Björn

User avatar
beely
KVRAF
1968 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:39 pm

Thanks Björn - quick question: Is the Mac "N" version the correct installer package? It only has the release notes for 1.0.1, and the package name is "Stigma", not FB7999? (The Metal version installer seems ok.)

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
6758 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:06 pm

thanks Bjrörn :)
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”