VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
5053 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:55 am

Thanks @wavesequencer :tu:

KVRist
30 posts since 3 Apr, 2009

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:22 pm

A really great sounding and musical sound generator. Respect. What a surprise.

KVRist
73 posts since 15 Jul, 2014 from Canada

Post Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:25 pm

First of all, I am amazed on the sounds and having patches that can communicate with other layers gives infinite possibilities.

I am totally immersed on it and enjoying the results very much, having the same feelings when I first got my wavestation EX in the 90's! I am not talking about how the wavesequencing operates but how much I was immersed in the sound and discovering new things while constructing sound landscapes. The quality of effects (including a very nice per note granular node!!) is really a plus on this synth!

For now, a few things that I am missing and forgive me if it's there but I couldn't find it in the documentation or elsewhere:

- More than once I deleted a node or a connection by mistake. Any kind of undo would be very welcome.

- Syncable delay (FX) using note values, I could only found .ms values in the "Echo" node. Same for predelays on reverbs ( the reverb algorithms are beautiful!!)

- is there any way we can modulate the LFO speed by another LFO or Envelope?

Pitch mod input is what I was looking for.

thanks very much @wavesequencer for such a gem and I am glad that I got it while on promo! Highly addictive I must say and I am sure other users will experience the same.

regards

KVRian
881 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:45 pm

mono retrigger isn't working or im not understanding something. I want to hold a note in mono, then press another note (which sounds), and then when I take my finger off the 2nd note, the first note (which I'm still holding) to sound. What setting do I adjust to make this happen. I thought it would be mono retrigger, but that's not working.

edit: mono retrig is just for filter envelope, so yeah, uhhhh, it would be pretty insane if you can't hold and note and play legato and not have the held note sound again without re-pressing the note.
is there a way to do what I described currently, or will it be implemented? This is standard behavior of basically any monosynth.

KVRian

Post Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:16 pm

edit: oops figured out the problem I originally outlined right here, it was just in a different part of the manual than I expected. Still can't figure out the problem in the post above though.

KVRer
11 posts since 1 Aug, 2017

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:00 am

Hi folks - sorry that I'm not a lurker on the KVR forums and missed messages here (or any email notification) - best place to discuss Hyperion questions is on the Hyperion discord channels via the Wavesequencer discord server: https://discord.gg/Xg6EFGuT4J

(Assuming you have the latest version of Hyperion) Note retriggering is now an option in the 'Notes input node' it appears when you set the number of voices to 1 and will also work with the different note priority modes.
Sync-able Echo/beat related values is on the todo-list as is a dual mono version of the echo node with independent settings of the delays on L/R.

KVRian

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:19 am

Yessssssssssss!!!!!

KVRer

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:41 am

BTW.. I know probably I'm a bit late to respond here, but wanted to respond to comments about 'wavesequencing' in Hyperion not being 'proper wavesquencing'.
Well I don't know that there was ever a formal declaration of what 'waveseqeuncing' should be, but if it were to include samples, you might argue it should be called 'sample sequencing'.
Anyway, wavesequencing in Hyperion is more like wavetables but with freely running oscillators. I have always been a fan of the 'Wavestation keyboard', hence my user name, but I always preferred the sound of smoothly sweeping through various cyclic waveforms to get tonal shifts including tuning offsets. I personally am less of a fan of the rhythmic sample based sequences - you know, the 'um - ka - chi- um - cha - ka.. ' that stuff.. :) Hyperion is a modular synth that happens to include a way to do sequences of oscillator configurations.

KVRer

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:45 am

FYI - I'm working on a more visual representation of oscillator settings, with live waveshape previews and multi-step wave-form previews like you see on some wavetable synths.
At the same time I will be adding a visual representation of the FM algorithms.
A basic time-snapshot based undo mechanism is also planned.

KVRAF
2672 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:46 am

wavesequencer wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:45 am
FYI - I'm working on a more visual representation of oscillator settings, with live waveshape previews and multi-step wave-form previews like you see on some wavetable synths.
I tried the demo, and the Hyperion sound was outstanding! With some more visual cues this would be a great synth for my collection! It's probably just me, but the minimalist block design didn't click for me. I'm not referring to needing a totally skeumorphic design, but in regards to sound design, I'm strictly a visual thinker (and by that I don't mean flowcharts).

Look forward to taking another look when it's updated!

And you mentioned the Wavestation. I always wanted one, but could never afford it. Now I finally have the one in the Korg Collection!
Last edited by zzz00m on Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows10; plugins from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cakewalk, Cherry, DiscoDSP, Fathom, IKM, Initial, iZotope, KV331, NI, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Surge, TAL, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, UVI, Vital, Waves, XLN ...

KVRAF
5065 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:35 am

wavesequencer wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:00 am
Hi folks - sorry that I'm not a lurker on the KVR forums and missed messages here (or any email notification) - best place to discuss Hyperion questions is on the Hyperion discord channels via the Wavesequencer discord server: https://discord.gg/Xg6EFGuT4J
Got "Invite Invalid"

KVRer

Post Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:49 am

Here's another 'Wavesequencer' discord server invite link, maybe the other one expired - this one is open ended: https://discord.gg/nktQu3TVV7

KVRer

Post Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:58 am

zzz00m wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:46 am
I tried the demo, and the Hyperion sound was outstanding! With some more visual cues this would be a great synth for my collection! It's probably just me, but the minimalist block design didn't click for me. I'm not referring to needing a totally skeumorphic design, but in regards to sound design, I'm strictly a visual thinker (and by that I don't mean flowcharts).
I can understand the patching visualisation of Hyperion Synth is not for everyone, although it would be hard to provide the same amount of flexibility and modulate-ability with so many nodes at once without this kind of representation. Personally I don't like it when modulation sources are hidden from view or on separate pages of a UI, and I like to be able to see the whole design of a sound - clicking on individual pins will highlight only the cables connected to it and show the modulation sources mix below - so that can help to reduce the confusion. It just takes a bit of getting used to - starting out designing simpler patches is the way to get comfortable - even a single oscillator patch in Hyperion can sound pretty good with the unison spread and oscillator shaping options.

Anyway, for those who like the Hyperion sound engine but want a simpler interface, I also have some plans on that front as a separate product.

KVRAF
2672 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:23 pm

wavesequencer wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:58 am

Anyway, for those who like the Hyperion sound engine but want a simpler interface, I also have some plans on that front as a separate product.
:tu: :tu: :tu:
Windows10; plugins from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cakewalk, Cherry, DiscoDSP, Fathom, IKM, Initial, iZotope, KV331, NI, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Surge, TAL, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, UVI, Vital, Waves, XLN ...

Return to “Instruments”