AmpliTube 5.2 update available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:39 pm Have you tried doing an Account --> Restore My Purchases from within AmpliTube 5? That should do the trick from what I recall (not in front of it right now to fully test though)
I'm getting it pretty much every time when I start a new session. And last night when my internet went out for some maintenance, AT5 popped and very kindly told me that I had no internet connection (duh!) and if I wanted to continue my trials (I had none) I should reconnect. Hmmmm :?

And yes, I've done the Restore My Purchases a lot during the group buy, so it ain't that!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

OK, so this time I went and unauthorized AmpliTube then reauthorized it in the Product Manager, and that seems to have worked. I had the same problem with SampleTank not seeing new libraries even after being "restored" and found deauthorizing/reauthorizing SampleTank unlocked them, so I thought I'd give it a try in AmpliTube, too.

If there was a known fix for this issue, someone from IK should have come around this thread to share it before now.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Sorry we cannot monitor all forum threads 24/7. The support team would gladly have assisted though as they are the ones who would know any workarounds and fixes. I just happened to be browsing here on a weekend and thought I could help.

However I found that this is a workaround because I was able to get some more information from someone else willing to do provide more information during their off time. Since this is popping up (pun intended) for some folks there will be an checkbox to not display the window again in the next released build. I don’t have a specific timeframe for that but it shouldn’t be too long.

I'm not loving the popup. Any way to get rid of it?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:02 am Sorry we cannot monitor all forum threads 24/7. The support team would gladly have assisted though as they are the ones who would know any workarounds and fixes.
Bruh! This is your thread! It's been TWO WEEKS since the pop-up problem first was noted here, not 24 hours, and it's been the primary thing talked about in this thread since. If the support team has had a workaround, then why didn't one of them post it here? Why are you putting the burden for this cock-up on the customers? :uhuhuh:

jamcat wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:38 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:02 am Sorry we cannot monitor all forum threads 24/7. The support team would gladly have assisted though as they are the ones who would know any workarounds and fixes.
Bruh! This is your thread! It's been TWO WEEKS since the pop-up problem first was noted here, not 24 hours, and it's been the primary thing talked about in this thread since. If the support team has had a workaround, then why didn't one of them post it here? Why are you putting the burden for this cock-up on the customers? :uhuhuh:
Not putting the burden on the customer, so please don't put words in my mouth "bruh". I understand you are frustrated but I posted so people know about the update and I can't spend 24/7 on KVR (that's why we have people who can take care of issues and are paid to do so - provided the issues are reported to them)... I even tried to help you on a weekend, so judging by the continued aggression you can see why being here 24/7 isn't really something anybody would WANT to do? Honestly you're not likely to see me as often in these forums anyway, which some will likely consider a good thing. And it will also likely affect next to nobody at least none of those who report issues directly and get help from the team that is there to help them.

Sorry that an update that will allow you to hide this hasn't come fast enough. I'll relay your concerns.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:22 am I'm not loving the popup. Any way to get rid of it?
See above for a possible workaround, and there will be an update with a checkbox to suppress it in the next update.

It seems like you are proposing that each and every AmpliTube user who encountered this pop-up problem (which is all of us) should have contacted tech support individually to wait for their personal copypaste support response, instead of IK just acknowledging this known issue in the public sphere, letting us know it is being addressed, and publicizing the workaround in the meantime. That's just poor public relations and a misuse of tech support resources. And its also putting the burden on the customers.

It's pretty obvious that IK's M.O. is to never admit anything, sweep it under the rug, hush unhappy users up and send them off to have a private, quiet conversation with tech support away from the public eye. But you should also know that in crisis management, the first 48 hours are critical. The biggest mistake companies make is publicly ignoring a problem until it reaches critical mass and they have to go around trying to undo the damage two weeks late.

So I instantiate 5 in place of 4 in the one project I used the thing recently, and it's emitting a blast of noise like I don't have authority to f**king use it. It's f**king authorized.

what an amazing company. I was actually about to compliment certain design changes, but F that, this is an atrocity. Oh, also noticed its browser cannot see any AT4 folder. Brilliant. To hell with IKM, again. Delete.

And the popup is a perfect sign of all of this, do you just want to buy something before working at all? FO

jancivil wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:42 am So I instantiate 5 in place of 4 in the one project I used the thing recently, and it's emitting a blast of noise like I don't have authority to f**king use it. It's f**king authorized.

what an amazing company. I was actually about to compliment certain design changes, but F that, this is an atrocity. Oh, also noticed its browser cannot see any AT4 folder. Brilliant. To hell with IKM, again. Delete.

And the popup is a perfect sign of all of this, do you just want to buy something before working at all? FO
Hey, you're a bit angry about it, I get it, but your rant really isn't the best way to make your point. How about trying this:

Hey Peter, I've loaded up AT5 in a project and it's giving me the white noise like it's not authorised, but it is. I've tried de-authorising and re-authorising AT5 in the Product Manager and I still get the noise. Not sure what's going on here but I guess I could hit up IK support for some help.

Also, can you tell me how to get AT5 to see my AT4 folder? Do I just need to copy the presets over to my AT5 folder?

And yeah, the popup is pretty annoying so I hope that gets sorted quickly.

That might get a better response. Just sayin'

Of course, if you don't want to use AT5, then.... your loss.

Open note to IKM: there's a host called VIenna Ensemble Pro, which hosts plugins in a separate process from a DAW sequencing kind of deal, been around since late '09. You might want to check it out someday and even test your shit in it.
What a lot of screwups, seriously. Unbelievable. I was happy however that I didn't have the internal ID change buggering every instance in it, maybe someone did hear that.

You can copy AT4 presets into AT5, the manual provides more detail but it is basically just copying presets from the one preset folder to the other.

Any authorization issue that isn't resolved by unauthorizing/reauthorizing in IK Product Manager might be fixed by doing a Restore Purchases in Custom Shop (in the latest version of AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop is integrated so you can do it right from within the program under the "Account" menu).

Hope that helps.

With regard to the popup, from a previous reply: "there will be an checkbox to not display the window again in the next released build. I don’t have a specific timeframe for that but it shouldn’t be too long."

cprompt wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:05 am
jancivil wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:42 am So I instantiate 5 in place of 4 in the one project I used the thing recently, and it's emitting a blast of noise like I don't have authority to f**king use it. It's f**king authorized.

Hey, you're a bit angry about it, I get it, but your rant really isn't the best way to make your point. How about trying this:

Hey Peter, I've loaded up AT5 in a project and it's giving me the white noise like it's not authorised, but it is. I've tried de-authorising and re-authorising AT5 in the Product Manager and I still get the noise. Not sure what's going on here but I guess I could hit up IK support for some help.

Also, can you tell me how to get AT5 to see my AT4 folder? Do I just need to copy the presets over to my AT5 folder?

And yeah, the popup is pretty annoying so I hope that gets sorted quickly.

That might get a better response. Just sayin'

Of course, if you don't want to use AT5, then.... your loss.
If seems to me that jancivil is anything but civil.

courtjestr wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:22 pmIf seems to me that jancivil is anything but civil.
The irony was not lost on me :D

jancivil wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:13 pm Open note to IKM: there's a host called VIenna Ensemble Pro, which hosts plugins in a separate process from a DAW sequencing kind of deal, been around since late '09. You might want to check it out someday and even test your shit in it.
What a lot of screwups, seriously. Unbelievable. I was happy however that I didn't have the internal ID change buggering every instance in it, maybe someone did hear that.
I can only run one instance of AT5 in VEPRO 7(PC)

Return to “Effects”