AudioThing releases Fog Convolver - v1.5.1 - True Stereo!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fog Convolver

Trying Fog demo, do there is ability to load any of factory IR without skip all parameters to default state ? Just, i try to load from any (upper and lower) sections, and each time Dry fader back to default 0db. Or there is some other way ?

Upd Fog PRO screens looks interesting.

c_voltage wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:57 pm Trying Fog demo, do there is ability to load any of factory IR without skip all parameters to default state ? Just, i try to load from any (upper and lower) sections, and each time Dry fader back to default 0db. Or there is some other way ?

If you just want to load the IRs (and not the whole preset) you can lock all the parameters by clicking on the lock icon next to the preset name in the top bar.
You can also lock specific parameters only: right click and then choose Parameter Lock.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Just reinstalled the beta on Big Sur - how close is an official release (hopefully with HDPI graphic rescaling too)?

audiothing wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:07 pm
Friendly Noise wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:22 pm Any news about the new Fog Convolver? Would it be a serious contender for Liquidsonics Reverberate 3?
It's still in development. We have plans to make a Public Beta available, but we don't have any date yet.

Here are some screenshots of the current state. There's still a lot to do in terms of DSP and actual layout, but we are getting there. Colors, layout, features may change.

Just saw this - looks lovely

Can't see ratings - please don't remove that I have a lot of IRs so rating them is useful to know which ones to come back to

We don't have a date yet unfortunately, it's definitely taking more time than expected, but I hope to have something ready by the end of the year.
Rating is still there :) and we added other columns too (mode and IR for drag and dropping just the IR), fully customizable.

How do I get access to the beta as a current fog Convolver user?

Just a quick feature request for Fog Covolver (or the new pro version): Could we get the option to embed the IR file in the vst preset? This makes sharing projects between collaborators much more seamless. I also can't find any other convolvers that do this (other than the one built into Redux) so I think it'd be a cool USP.

A version of Fog Convolver, or a similar sister-product geared towards guitar amp cabs would be high on my VST plugin wishlist. There's literally no guitar amp cab convolver on the market that:

1. Allows user to create a folder structure and tagged database of their cab IR's with favorites (same as Fog Convolver)
2. Allows you to use up to 3 cabinet IR's simultaneously,
3. Includes pre-delay,
4. Polarity,
5. HP/LP/EQ on the IR - including dynamic EQ bands for dynamic cab modeling
6. As low latency as possible...

...would be a killer product for guitar players with large cabinet libraries. There's a bunch of "dumb" IR plugins, with no real browser, folder structure, or tagging. Recabinet is the only one I know of that does Dynamic Cab modeling (dynamic EQ built into the IR)...but a plugin that combined all these things without trying to sell you some proprietary IR format (like Celestion) would be a huge hit IMO.

A personnal request for experimental purpose would be chromatic transposition + fine tune of the IR sample, seeking ringing tones to be tuned with the incoming signal by ear ...this to get instrument's body as well as much exotic IRs having strong ringing tone to be tuned in relative harmony with an arrangement in progress

:idea:

perpetual3 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:46 am How do I get access to the beta as a current fog Convolver user?
The beta is for the old version and can be found in your user area. The new version is still in development.
BazJacuzzi wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:58 am Just a quick feature request for Fog Covolver (or the new pro version): Could we get the option to embed the IR file in the vst preset? This makes sharing projects between collaborators much more seamless. I also can't find any other convolvers that do this (other than the one built into Redux) so I think it'd be a cool USP.
I have never used VST presets or the equivalent for AU so I have no idea if that's actually possible or not. In the new version, there will be multiple search paths that can be customized to make it easier to move presets/projects around.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:29 pm A version of Fog Convolver, or a similar sister-product geared towards guitar amp cabs would be high on my VST plugin wishlist. There's literally no guitar amp cab convolver on the market that:

1. Allows user to create a folder structure and tagged database of their cab IR's with favorites (same as Fog Convolver)
3. Includes pre-delay,
4. Polarity,

...would be a killer product for guitar players with large cabinet libraries. There's a bunch of "dumb" IR plugins, with no real browser, folder structure, or tagging. Recabinet is the only one I know of that does Dynamic Cab modeling (dynamic EQ built into the IR)...but a plugin that combined all these things without trying to sell you some proprietary IR format (like Celestion) would be a huge hit IMO.
I know of faIRmageddon from forward audio. Not sure about dynamic EQ bands though.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:29 pm A version of Fog Convolver, or a similar sister-product geared towards guitar amp cabs would be high on my VST plugin wishlist. There's literally no guitar amp cab convolver on the market that:
Well, you could do some of these things with the new version. But only 2 IRs can be loaded, at least for now.
Krakatau wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:33 pm A personnal request for experimental purpose would be chromatic transposition + fine tune of the IR sample, seeking ringing tones to be tuned with the incoming signal by ear ...this to get instrument's body as well as much exotic IRs having strong ringing tone to be tuned in relative harmony with an arrangement in progress

:idea:
That would be nice, but I still have to research that. There are several pitch shifter algorithm/libraries that can be used.

audiothing wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:58 pm
That would be nice, but I still have to research that. There are several pitch shifter algorithm/libraries that can be used.
Thanks for considering the idea...

:)

...let say just that as far as i can see, this option seems more on the primary purpose of your plugin : creative mangling with all kind of samples loaded as impulse responses rather than a way more sophisticated engine you expect to release with this "pro" version, me thinks...

IN ADDITION

also, no need for a peculiar pitch shift/time stretch algo, i assume the pitch knob implemented on your future release is already tuning the sample before loading it ,...it might be then a detailed adjutment of this function for fine and chromatic tuning purpose !

a simple trick, but potentially very creative AFAIK ?
Last edited by Krakatau on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

audiothing wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:08 am
c_voltage wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:57 pm Trying Fog demo, do there is ability to load any of factory IR without skip all parameters to default state ? Just, i try to load from any (upper and lower) sections, and each time Dry fader back to default 0db. Or there is some other way ?

If you just want to load the IRs (and not the whole preset) you can lock all the parameters by clicking on the lock icon next to the preset name in the top bar.
You can also lock specific parameters only: right click and then choose Parameter Lock.
Thanks, works fine.

Added: As request for PRO, add more dramatic stretch ability (than 8x).
And perhaps some resynth options (that would be suitable for big multipliers).
Or different\adjustable stretch algos.

3. Includes pre-delay,
4. Polarity,

I don't use guitar cabinets, but you should definitely check Melda MCabinet.

This new FOG Convolver seems to be really very interesting for my experimental composition needs, I'm looking forward to seeing its release.

Return to “Effects”