Best workhorse EQ

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by jidatlol on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

On individual channels: Slick EQ (GE)

I don't know if the best, but SSL X-EQ 2 is on sale for $39.99:
https://store.solidstatelogic.com/produ ... ive-x-eq-2

anoise wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:23 pm I don't know if the best, but SSL X-EQ 2 is on sale for $39.99:
https://store.solidstatelogic.com/produ ... ive-x-eq-2
I just thought about getting this EQ but I don't know if it's logical to buy this when you have Pro-Q3.

Also, when a plugin goes on sale with such a big amount of drop in price (just like in Waves plugins, all the time) it makes me believe this plugin should've not cost this much in the first place. If they can drop it to 40 USD in a sale, the original price must be 100 USD at max, not 300 USD. It just de-valuates their image in my opinion. To me, it means "plugin didn't cost that much actually, we overpriced it and some of you still bought it."

If you have Pro-Q3 then I don't see a reason to buy this. I don't own Pro-Q3 and I already have ilok and some SSL plugins, so it was a no brainer for me.

Does anyone here have an opinion on Sonible’s Smart EQ 3? Considering buying it since I love AI assisted stuff, gives you a nice quick starting point.

Fornicras wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:09 am I think Pro-Q3 is the best one. But Nectar 3's Follow EQ mode is quite good, if iZotope would release a separate EQ (to rival Fabfilter maybe) with Follow EQ function, I think I would use that EQ more instead of Pro-Q.
I thought that if you have the advanced version of their plugins you can use the modules as stand alone plugins?

I usually go for R-eq and then pro q3 if I need to get more detailed

wackob wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:21 am
Fornicras wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:09 am I think Pro-Q3 is the best one. But Nectar 3's Follow EQ mode is quite good, if iZotope would release a separate EQ (to rival Fabfilter maybe) with Follow EQ function, I think I would use that EQ more instead of Pro-Q.
I thought that if you have the advanced version of their plugins you can use the modules as stand alone plugins?
Nectar 3 doesn't have that.

I like iZotope's Neutron EQ, or, as others mentioned, the Nectar EQ

ReaEQ does the job for me for low cpu, simple, no saturation EQ'ing. I'm not even on Reaper, but the ReaEQ and ReaComp are pretty essential to my workflow. Couldn't live without em :-)

That, and the HoRNet ChannelStrip.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

FabFilter Pro-Q 3 or Crave EQ

Lazlo94 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:58 pm I like iZotope's Neutron EQ, or, as others mentioned, the Nectar EQ
The Assistant feature can be handy with setups too.

DMG's EQuilibrium is top for me. So customisable & sounds great. Once I got the hang of the different settings my other eq's have all been collecting dust.

TDR Nova GE is excellent and fair priced. The free version is great too, it's pretty much the only EQ I use besides rare occasions when I want something less visual and with some mojo™ (I use Rule Tec for that).

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”