Best overall software reverb under $250?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
23335 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:09 am

---
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KVRer
5 posts since 15 Sep, 2021

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:54 am

Love Liquidsonics, especially Seventh Heaven & Cinematic Rooms
Exponential Nimbus, R4 etc, they are often heavily discounted too.

User avatar
KVRer
13 posts since 3 Oct, 2021

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:06 am

After many many tests, I stick with Valhalla VintageVerb!

KVRAF
2183 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Lancaster, UK

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:41 am

ametal wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:06 am
After many many tests, I stick with Valhalla VintageVerb!
Well, after all it's a matter of taste and what sort of music you produce, but you can't go wrong with Valhalla plugins. :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

User avatar
KVRer
13 posts since 3 Oct, 2021

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:32 pm

SparkySpark wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:41 am
ametal wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:06 am
After many many tests, I stick with Valhalla VintageVerb!
Well, after all it's a matter of taste and what sort of music you produce, but you can't go wrong with Valhalla plugins. :tu:
Nor I can't go wrong with that pricetag :D

User avatar
KVRian
968 posts since 20 Apr, 2005

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:22 am

You can pretty much get all the the valhalla verbs for under this price.

You can also get some pretty good verbs from waves at $30ish h reverb, plates and chambers plus the convolution verbs.

NI komplete has some great verbs, plus a bunch of interesting verbs in Reaktor.

2C Audio have really fantastic verbs, B2, breeze, really outstanding. Maybe the smoothest reverbs out there if that's what you want.

Eventide also have decent verbs that are on sale at times. Black hole is a a really reverb, but they have others too.

All that said, if you really want the best reverbs I think UAD cannot be beaten. They do not fall on this price bracket though.

I have to say though, there are simply too many options. If just for your own music, picking one or two and sticking with it is maybe the best approach. Don't forget post reverbs FX and eq can make a big difference in shaping the verb sound.

For me I mostly feel I need a good room verb for snares and a bit of the drums, then a slightly larger hall space, and occasionally a super large reverb. And I really don't think it matters much in the end which verb you use

The one exception to this is really vocals, where the reverb can have a drastic effect on the perception of the voice. Even here though, there are tons of examples of big records where the verb sounds like a bathroom or tin can... So maybe even with this no need to worry so much so long as it sits well in the sound of the mix.

User avatar
KVRAF
1787 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:25 am

R4

KVRAF
5363 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:05 am

Molecular Bytes Atomic Reverb

KVRian
531 posts since 10 Mar, 2020

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:14 am

tbh I really do still search for the perfect reverb for my techno needs. I end up using valhalla room bc of its easy use the most and secondly the pro-r to experiment. one of my mentors sweared by lexicon pcm but the dongle is a huge turnoff for me. lets see when the search will finally be over…

adl
KVRian
1310 posts since 26 Jun, 2005

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:24 pm

Tendou wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:14 am
tbh I really do still search for the perfect reverb for my techno needs. I end up using valhalla room bc of its easy use the most and secondly the pro-r to experiment. one of my mentors sweared by lexicon pcm but the dongle is a huge turnoff for me. lets see when the search will finally be over…
I heard that toraverb2 from d16 is suited very much for Techno. It requires no dongle or anything annoying regarding license activation, is currently on sale (as everything from d16):
https://d16.pl/toraverb2
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

KVRian
531 posts since 10 Mar, 2020

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:12 pm

adl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:24 pm
Tendou wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:14 am
tbh I really do still search for the perfect reverb for my techno needs. I end up using valhalla room bc of its easy use the most and secondly the pro-r to experiment. one of my mentors sweared by lexicon pcm but the dongle is a huge turnoff for me. lets see when the search will finally be over…
I heard that toraverb2 from d16 is suited very much for Techno. It requires no dongle or anything annoying regarding license activation, is currently on sale (as everything from d16):
https://d16.pl/toraverb2
dont like it. not as bread and butter reverb. I made some nice rumble kicks with it tho, but the overall sound for the main reverbs of the track was not mine and so I ended up selling it. but thx for your recommendation

adl
KVRian
1310 posts since 26 Jun, 2005

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:51 pm

Tendou wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:12 pm
adl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:24 pm
Tendou wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:14 am
tbh I really do still search for the perfect reverb for my techno needs. I end up using valhalla room bc of its easy use the most and secondly the pro-r to experiment. one of my mentors sweared by lexicon pcm but the dongle is a huge turnoff for me. lets see when the search will finally be over…
I heard that toraverb2 from d16 is suited very much for Techno. It requires no dongle or anything annoying regarding license activation, is currently on sale (as everything from d16):
https://d16.pl/toraverb2
dont like it. not as bread and butter reverb. I made some nice rumble kicks with it tho, but the overall sound for the main reverbs of the track was not mine and so I ended up selling it. but thx for your recommendation
I see. I actually never tried it myself so thanks for sharing your experience.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

KVRer
2 posts since 8 Jan, 2021

Post Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:50 pm

Waves Abbey Road Plates is really impressive and super affordable! I used UAD for long periods before the pandemic in the studio, and after I started working from home, I had to adapt some plugin choices due to my lack of DSP at home using my Apollo Solo. So I use Abbey Road Plates to Substitute UAD EMT, and it's incredible.

If you want you can try before buy. Here is the link!

https://waves.alzt.net/c/338710/287542/ ... =PUI2_1968

Cheers

KVRAF
3225 posts since 16 Jan, 2005 from Ottawa, Ontario

Post Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:52 pm

Another excellent allrounder that rarely gets mentioned here is Redline Reverb. Twas the second plugin I bought just after they changed from Sonic Flavours. Very FDN sounding.

https://www.112db.com/plugins/redline/reverb/

h66
KVRist
103 posts since 17 Nov, 2012

Post Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:07 am

tone2 Warmverb

Return to “Effects”