Did You Want To Be Famous When You Got Into Using Sequencers ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:00 pm "infamy! infamy! theyve all got it in for me!" :hihi:
:lol: While I disagree with the results, that has been "voted the funniest film one-liner"....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/42034 ... liner.html
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:34 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:00 pm "infamy! infamy! theyve all got it in for me!" :hihi:
:lol: While I disagree with the results, that has been "voted the funniest film one-liner"....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/42034 ... liner.html
:hihi: but yeah, not sure id agree?

"nice beaver" 2 bloody words! :lol:

"I fart in your general direction" has to be up there in the rankings. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"can everyone just stop getting shot?!"

folks got into sequencers because they were experimental parts of a synthesizer. Then folks that could not play anything grabbed their opportunity. When you can't play anything and rely on sequencers it shows. everyone knows. sequencers are fun in the mix, but are not main instruments. at this point, arps are probably more musical, and that sucks.

I wanted to be famous. I never got famous.

Now I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful daughters. I wouldn't change a thing.

I remember, schlepping to my minimum wage job as a shipper, being stopped by a local CBC reporter who asked me: what would be your dream job?
Answer: to be idly rich.
And do what?
Play my gee-tar!
Then off to work. I never saw the clip, but a bunch of friends did. I was 21, this was about 4 months post homelessness.
I wanted the whole 'Life's Been Good To Me So Far' lifestyle. I wanted girls coming in through the bathroom window, damnit! Another dream fallen by the wayside at 61. :cry:

I had nary a clue what a sequencer was in 1981.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Being famous seems like an enormous pain in the ass.

I want to be rich enough for leisure, but not luxury and excess. I guess I'll settle for being able to maybe retire someday without having to eat ramen and cat food.

I just wanted to be your everything
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

attainment of fame is easy, just depends if you want to be remembered for something amazing or truly horrific.

Dasheesh wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:00 pm When you can't play anything and rely on sequencers it shows. everyone knows.

Oh sure, I still do :hihi:

Probably no time left to become "famous" tho, need to settle down and start a family ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

My first sequencer was a Roland PR-100 released back in the late 80s. I used it to sequence synth parts for my band. I was a music major at the time, but never planned to be famous outside the Michigan college club scene. I later decided that music was a stupid decision, since I really always wanted to be a scientist, so I re-enrolled in college years later and, flash forward 30-some years,... I'm still not famous for anything. :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Just like BROS, I suffered for my art with the jogging in the park. Sequencers didn't really come into it. Still I wonder sometimes. When will I, will I be famous?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

AnX wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:00 pm When you can't play anything and rely on sequencers it shows. everyone knows.
i think we've found someone, who wanted fame, but failed, and is now jealous of anyone that did make it.
especially if they made it, recently.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”