Mac OS Monterey - Plugin Compatibility

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apologies if I've missed this somewhere, but will Monterey be like Catalina and Big Sur, in that we'll need to wait for audio companies to update their software to be compatible with Monterey?

Short answer: no
Long answer: viewtopic.php?p=8247219#p8247219
void main(dumb)

As for now Exponential Audio' (now Izotope) Stratus / Symphony and Excalibur won't open at all (VST/VST3/AU). Pheonixverb Stereo works though..

I'm on a MacBook Air M1 2020 and Big Sur. If I update to Monterey, there should be no difference at all compared to Big Sur, right?

I assume it's same foundation and compatibilities apply as for Big Sur on M1 processors?

That was my experience. yep.
I'll have to correct myself: not everything is working. Both XLN plugins I have don't work properly. Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums. They play allright, but the GUI is just black.
On the other hand: Softube plugins now work with OpenGL enabled, what leads them to run a lot smoother than before.
void main(dumb)

So far I've gotten emails from Sonic Academy saying Kick 2 isn't compatible and from XLN saying RC-20 isn't compatible.

Can anyone confirm the rest of the Exponential Audio plugs? I use R4 regularly and I'm pretty sure Izotope stated they aren't going to do any updates for those now "legacy" products. If R4 doesn't work and won't ever be updated, I'm gonna be pissed.

FrankFante wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:22 pm As for now Exponential Audio' (now Izotope) Stratus / Symphony and Excalibur won't open at all (VST/VST3/AU). Pheonixverb Stereo works though..
oof. i like Nimbus and Excalibur a lot. be a shame if those just get abandoned. what DAW did you try to use them in?

sQeetz wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:35 am That was my experience. yep.
I'll have to correct myself: not everything is working. Both XLN plugins I have don't work properly. Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums. They play allright, but the GUI is just black.
On the other hand: Softube plugins now work with OpenGL enabled, what leads them to run a lot smoother than before.
I'm surprised Open GL is still supported on Monterey - weren't they going to phase it out on Mac?

Unfortunately new MacBooks ship with Monterey preinstalled

all I know is NI is not yet supporting any Monterey

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:57 pm
I'm surprised Open GL is still supported on Monterey - weren't they going to phase it out on Mac?
I cantacted them and they put me on a trial version of AK and AD. It's working now
void main(dumb)

sQeetz wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:44 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:57 pm
I cantacted them and they put me on a trial version of AK and AD. It's working now
How come that?

VSL has confirmed that Monterey "has broken the GUI of our plugins"

It's not exactly Plugin, but all Korg Gadget 2 instruments are available in most hosts - Cubase Pro, Ableton Suite Live, Reason, etc;
Problem is, that after upgrade to Monterey on my Mac mini AS, Gadget wants to register it again and after entering correct serial number it says that it is INVALID - WTF...?!!!

collider wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:07 pm
sQeetz wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:44 pmI cantacted them and they put me on a trial version of AK and AD. It's working now
How come that?
Contacted support telling that since the update to Monterey the plugin window is just black, then a guy named Gustaf from XLN wrote back telling that he flipped a switch for my account and that if I start the XLN Online Installer there will be new test release versions for AKeys and ADrums waiting to be installed.
void main(dumb)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”