Mac OS Monterey - Plugin Compatibility

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:57 pmI'm surprised Open GL is still supported on Monterey - weren't they going to phase it out on Mac?
All I know, is that enabling OpenGL on Softube plugins on Big Sur lead to massive graphic glitches, but since Monterey it is the opposite. OpenGL when off is slow and sluggish. Turning it on makes scrolling around on e.g. Modular smooth as butter.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:44 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:57 pm
sQeetz wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:35 am That was my experience. yep.
I'll have to correct myself: not everything is working. Both XLN plugins I have don't work properly. Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums. They play allright, but the GUI is just black.
On the other hand: Softube plugins now work with OpenGL enabled, what leads them to run a lot smoother than before.
I'm surprised Open GL is still supported on Monterey - weren't they going to phase it out on Mac?
I cantacted them and they put me on a trial version of AK and AD. It's working now
ARM native?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:48 pm
sQeetz wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:44 pm I cantacted them and they put me on a trial version of AK and AD. It's working now
ARM native?
Unfortunately no... :? not yet

Thx. I asked them about that for Big Sur and the reply I received was very vague.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:55 pm Thx. I asked them about that for Big Sur and the reply I received was very vague.
They will eventually get there. I can't wait to ditch Rosetta...

Then we'll see what these machines can do, though I ain't complaining too hard. I haven't made the switch to Monterey, so ADD2 and ADK still work fine here.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

sQeetz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:33 pm
collider wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:07 pm
sQeetz wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:44 pmI cantacted them and they put me on a trial version of AK and AD. It's working now
How come that?
Contacted support telling that since the update to Monterey the plugin window is just black, then a guy named Gustaf from XLN wrote back telling that he flipped a switch for my account and that if I start the XLN Online Installer there will be new test release versions for AKeys and ADrums waiting to be installed.
So, they have working updates to be release soon. Thanks!

All my Softube plugins look like this in my new 14" Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB laptop under Monterey.
Anyone also experience this issue?

I can confirm that neither Nimbus nor R4 are working in Monterey (but they did work in Big Sur). Not only do they crash the validation in Logic Pro (both in native and in Rosetta mode), they even instantly crash any project on which you have an instance of them.

XLN Audio RC-20, on the other hand, is weirdly working fine for me, i.e. the GUI is normal, not black.

Anyone with IK stuff functioning on all cylinders?
-Martin Luther King Jr.

darkinners wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:57 am All my Softube plugins look like this in my new 14" Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB laptop under Monterey.
Same issue on my 16” M1 Max 64GB. Sadly it’s the only thing stopping me from using this computer as everything else essenital seems to work.

corneliusw wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:07 am
darkinners wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:57 am All my Softube plugins look like this in my new 14" Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB laptop under Monterey.
Same issue on my 16” M1 Max 64GB. Sadly it’s the only thing stopping me from using this computer as everything else essenital seems to work.
Hey I found the fix, if you haven't already, please install Saturation Knob. This one will display correctly.
In your DAW, open saturation knob and click the "cog" icon at the upper right corner, scroll down and disable OpenGL (this option is global to all softube plugins).
After you disable OpenGL , close the DAW, reopen the DAW and now all your Softube plugins will display correctly.

alexekki wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:22 pm I can confirm that neither Nimbus nor R4 are working in Monterey (but they did work in Big Sur). Not only do they crash the validation in Logic Pro (both in native and in Rosetta mode), they even instantly crash any project on which you have an instance of them.
same here. tried multiple DAWs and no luck. they instantly crash everything.

and as of now there is no update planned per Izotope's list of apple silicon pending update schedule.

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ty+updates

will add that UVI Relayer won't work for me on apple silicon/monterey

darkinners wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:30 pm Hey I found the fix, if you haven't already, please install Saturation Knob. This one will display correctly.
In your DAW, open saturation knob and click the "cog" icon at the upper right corner, scroll down and disable OpenGL (this option is global to all softube plugins).
After you disable OpenGL , close the DAW, reopen the DAW and now all your Softube plugins will display correctly.
Amazing! That totally works and all Softube plugins run perfectly. Thank you

alexekki wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:22 pm I can confirm that neither Nimbus nor R4 are working in Monterey (but they did work in Big Sur). Not only do they crash the validation in Logic Pro (both in native and in Rosetta mode), they even instantly crash any project on which you have an instance of them.
Nimbus, R4, Trash and some others won't be supported on M1.

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... le-silicon

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”