Bitwig Studio 4.1 Beta release is imminent

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apparently the page - looks a bit like work in progress - was briefly available earlier today, but it's off-line now.

Luckily @Planessix from Discord made a screenshot! :party: :clap:

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

ohhh 'sampler release chain'.. coming from renoise - this is so awesome!:)

among the DAW, functionality etc.. their design is so appealing (at least for my blurry vision) :D
Bitwig, Renoise, Mixbus32c, Reason 12, ToneBoosters, TokyoDawnLabs...

After the initial excitement, I have to say that if that's all there is then it's probably one of the weakest releases ever... Don't we already have enough devices & features to randomise stuff? Wasn't 4.0 covering a lot of that already, with operators and expression spreads? Don't we already have Note Repeats (called "Note Echo")? And no actual DAW features, just some devices that look like they were hastily made in 5 minutes?

:(

Out of the listed devices Strum looks like potentially most useful and - indeed - Sampler's release chain sounds appealing, but everything else? Meh.
Music tech enthusiast

I'll just wait for the release notes, sometimes it's the little things that make a release worthwhile...
But as far as main features go - yeah, it seems like a pretty pointless update.
Probably won't even bother to install the beta based on that screenshot.

Love it :-)
Even though this looks a bit like there will be no Midi Grid...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

antic604 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:19 pm After the initial excitement, I have to say that if that's all there is then it's probably one of the weakest releases ever... Don't we already have enough devices & features to randomise stuff? Wasn't 4.0 covering a lot of that already, with operators and expression spreads? Don't we already have Note Repeats (called "Note Echo")? And no actual DAW features, just some devices that look like they were hastily made in 5 minutes?

:(

Out of the listed devices Strum looks like potentially most useful and - indeed - Sampler's release chain sounds appealing, but everything else? Meh.
Meh +1

These are features for a minority of users.
I would love to see something fundamental. There is plenty of headroom.

Redukt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:53 pmI'll just wait for the release notes, sometimes it's the little things that make a release worthwhile...
True. Biggest thing in v4 for me were improvements to track monitoring states and shortcuts to vertically resize all/selected tracks :D
Music tech enthusiast

Also Meh, probably for the best as my subscription has run out for the first time and I cant see that I will bother for a while- maybe 5!

It's making me really see the benefit of MAX in Live where all this type of stuff is already available for free or low $$ 'if you want it'...the more isosteric stuff wont be for everyone.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:15 pm Also Meh, probably for the best as my subscription has run out for the first time and I cant see that I will bother for a while- maybe 5!

It's making me really see the benefit of MAX in Live where all this type of stuff is already available for free or low $$ 'if you want it'...the more isosteric stuff wont be for everyone.
I was stupid to renew during the recent U-He sale and am good until Nov, 2022. Should've waited for 5.2 or later... :(
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:08 pm
Redukt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:53 pmI'll just wait for the release notes, sometimes it's the little things that make a release worthwhile...
True. Biggest thing in v4 for me were improvements to track monitoring states and shortcuts to vertically resize all/selected tracks :D
The perceptual waveform display was a huge tiny feature in 4.0 as well.

I'm curious what 'Track MIDI output is now directly available' means.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:29 pmThe perceptual waveform display was a huge tiny feature in 4.0 as well.
Right! Completely forgot about this :)

pdxindy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:29 pmI'm curious what 'Track MIDI output is now directly available' means.
Same, but I don't understand why that's necessary if there's already Note Receiver and Notes To... dropdown?
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:40 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:29 pmThe perceptual waveform display was a huge tiny feature in 4.0 as well.
Right! Completely forgot about this :)

pdxindy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:29 pmI'm curious what 'Track MIDI output is now directly available' means.
Same, but I don't understand why that's necessary if there's already Note Receiver and Notes To... dropdown?
I don't even know what it means... or how it differs from existing options.

If this is the extent of 4.1, it is the smallest update I remember. The good news is, I don't have to spend time learning new stuff... hehehe

antic604 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:19 pmAnd no actual DAW features
My guess is that the development of those new devices didn't compete very much with the development of core DAW functionality. So there are probably bigger changes on the way, but they take more time and those MIDI devices were done, so why wait releasing them? May not make for the most impressive release but it keeps the 4.0 "musical timelines" story going. I'm not too worried about it.

This may be just a subsection of what's coming, its a bit too small for a full update given there probably wont be another one until the summer next year if it follows the normal pattern.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I miss the bouncing ball physics from Usine so will be good to have that in Bitwig

Return to “Bitwig”